PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:17 pm      Post subject: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada - Welland Ship Canal 1914-19

Hello
I do research at the Welland Canal Museum in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada. They are trying to get a full list of all men who gave their lives building it. The canal can hold ships that come and go from all over the world. I have a list of all those who gave their lives building this beautiful canal. This canal goes from Lake Erie to Lake Ontario and then up to the St. Lawrence River then out to the Atlanic Ocean.
If you have these name or names in your family and know anything about them or have a picture of them we would love to have a copy or story of them. We are putting up a big stone with all the names on it. This will happen in May or June.

There are two names on the list of men who came from Poland/Russia

Date Name Age Cause of Accident Birthplace Place of Burial
27 Sep 1920 Michael Wacpnovick 26 Drowned Poland/Russia Victoria Lawn Cemetery (in St. Catharines)

13 Nov 1927 Martin Wachawic 26 Struck by train Poland Victoria Law Cemetery (in St. Catharines)

I hope this helps someone who may be looking for their relative that came to Canada and never heard from them.
There are a few from the Ukraine on the list as well.

Diane Potter Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
I live about 15 km from St. Catharines.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: