PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 17

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:58 am      Post subject: regestry.lubgens

I have been using this wonderful database for months now and suddenly I can't connect to it. I haven't been able to access the site (it times out) for 3 days. Does anyone know what is going on?
beskarupa

Replies: 61

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:11 am      Post subject:

The same thing is happening to me! Please let me know if you figure out what is wrong. Also, I am researching records from Targowisko and surrounding areas too. Maybe we can help each other. So far, I am researching Bien, Styzej, Stefaniak, etc. You can get in touch with me via private message on this forum. Take care!

Beth
szuszka

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:16 pm      Post subject:

I have had the same problem with lubgens.eu. I cannot connect to this website anymore. The message states that 'the remote host cannot accept the connection'. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? It's a wonderful website for research in the province of Lublin.
LindaClare

Replies: 17

Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:26 am      Post subject:

I have been around and around with ATT (our internet provider). For me, there is a server/router around Atlanta, Georgia that has blocked this site. I have tried to get them to unblock it, but they claim it's not them. Our router traces clearly show that it is an ATT server. I contacted lubgens.eu and they did what they could and I had access for 1 day and then it went out again. I am switching to ATT U-Verse in a few weeks and maybe that will solve the problem. In the meantime, I am using a proxy server site to access lubgens. eu. A little cumbersome sometimes, but I can access the site and continue my research. If you want more info, let me know.
szuszka

Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:14 am      Post subject:

Thanks Linda - I have also contacted AT&T and they told me to e-mail their security. No results from them either. I'm also thinking of switching to U-Verse, but I don't know if that would help either. I assume the server/router here in Michigan blocked them too. Can you tell me about the proxy server.
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:58 am      Post subject:

Same problem here in Brazil. It suddenly became unreachable.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Henryk
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 313

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:17 pm      Post subject:

Working ok in Canada.
dlokon

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:41 am      Post subject: AT&T and Lubgens

For all of you folks considering switching to U-Verse just to access the site - don't! I have U-verse internet and still can't get there........
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:55 am      Post subject: Re: AT&T and Lubgens

dlokon wrote:
For all of you folks considering switching to U-Verse just to access the site - don't! I have U-verse internet and still can't get there........

Dlokon,

At your risk, you can solve this problem using this unblocking proxy:
http://prx.im/

Gilberto
Send e-mail
looking for clues
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 122

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:20 pm      Post subject:

I too had problems with www.lubgens.eu

I am happy to report that appears that they recently had a server upgrade and now the website is working for me. There seems to be an issue printing indexes with google chrome but that print function does work with internet explorer.
szuszka

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:57 pm      Post subject:

For those of you (with At&T) who are still having problems connecting to lubgens.eu, try this. Go to google.com and type in lubgens.eu. When the website shows 'lubelskie korzenie'...click on translate. Lubgens should come right up...then go to 'regestry' and begin your search. It's been working every time for me. Although it does take a few seconds for the name listings to come up. This does not work on Internet Explorer which is what I was using. I mentioned my problem to a computer engineer and he told me that IE doesn't recognize the polish wording...but they don't have a translate option. He tried the 'translate' method on google using my computer, and lubgens popped right up. Why didn't AT&T think of that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: