PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:25 pm      Post subject: Snaza/Schnaza relative search

My grandparents came here from Poland. Surnames were Snaza, Miotke - Wirkus, Lewandowski. Snaza may have been spelled Schnaza in Poland. My parents and grandparents spoke Kashubian and towns related to them appear to be around Zielona Gora. My great great grandfather was Piotr Snaza and I am going to Poland in March and would like to find his grave if it exists and any relatives if there are any. Does anyone have suggestions? I've tried the Catholic Churches with no luck. My emails may not go through to them. I will also try and send to the Polish National Archive. I also found Piotr's wife was Jadwiga Hedwiga Suwalski (born Oct 14 1812) daughter of Nicolaus First & unknown. Married Dec 22 1832 in Ocypiel, West Prussia. Piotr was born in Feb 4, 1802 in Gruneberg, West Prussia. Died Oct 31, 1888. Piotr's father was Tomasz Schnaza the First.
Other town names I found in research like being born or married in are Labrekon, Puznon & Lubichowo.
jhzs
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 33

Post Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:21 pm      Post subject:

Hi,
It seems you already have quite a lot of information. Records of your ancestors can be found in a Pelplin dioecesis archives in first place. They should have birth record for Lubichowo (Ocypel used to belong to that parish. Gruneberg/Zielona Gora perhaps as well) for years 1801-1920, marriages 1824-1925, death records for 1837-1889 and 1939-1961). Civil records for Lubichowo since 1874 (births and marriages to 1908 and deaths to 1910 but maybe a little more but would have to call them tocheck if necessary) are in a state archives in Gdańsk. Later records in local civil registry office. Some records may of course be also in a local church in Lubichowo. Gdansk Genealogical Society have some indexes for Lubichowo on their webpage (http://www.ptg.gda.pl/) so they also can be of some use to you. If any of your ancestors was Lutheran then their records should be looked for, most propably, in a parish in Bordzichow. The easiest way of using them is borrowing microfilms from LDS (years 1833-1944), originals are, most propably, in Lubeck, Germany. If you are interested we can do the research in Gdansk and Pelplin before you come to Poland. Also, if you prefer,we can assist you in the research when you are here in March.
Zbyszek
Agnieszka Pawlus
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 748

Post Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:27 am      Post subject:

Larry,

If you wish our assistance during your visit in March, please fill in this simple PO Genealogy Tours request form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wxd5sQb5qAyXP3ZlcfbC7rfKrWRqk0lDM90zyyaDafw/viewform

This will help us to prepare the tailor-made offer for you.

Greetings,

Aga Pawlus
Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: