PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 56

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:17 pm      Post subject: Help with obtaining records

Hi all, sorry - this is probably a stupid question!

I have two records I'm trying to find from searches on the JRI index. One has a microfilm number (715805), plus a year and Atka. There's no link to see the records online.

The other doesn't have a microfilm number, but when I scroll down the page I see this (related to this record):

Piotrkow Trybunalski Births, Deaths 1839-58,68-76,78-83 Marriages 1839-55,68-81,83
1191757,1713982,1713983,1714000,715805,715806, 718507

I assume that this is because the record is somewhere in those microfilms, but it's not known which one?

Also where is the best place to get hold of these records? I was directed to the Beit Hatfutsot, but they only seem to post out photocopies - is there somewhere I can get hold of a scan and have it emailed to me?

All the best

Louis
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:38 pm      Post subject: Re: Help with obtaining records

Louisbean wrote:
Hi all, sorry - this is probably a stupid question!

I have two records I'm trying to find from searches on the JRI index. One has a microfilm number (715805), plus a year and Atka. There's no link to see the records online.

The other doesn't have a microfilm number, but when I scroll down the page I see this (related to this record):

Piotrkow Trybunalski Births, Deaths 1839-58,68-76,78-83 Marriages 1839-55,68-81,83
1191757,1713982,1713983,1714000,715805,715806, 718507

I assume that this is because the record is somewhere in those microfilms, but it's not known which one?

Also where is the best place to get hold of these records? I was directed to the Beit Hatfutsot, but they only seem to post out photocopies - is there somewhere I can get hold of a scan and have it emailed to me?

All the best

Louis

Louis,

What is the year and akta number?

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Louisbean

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:40 pm      Post subject: Details

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:11 pm      Post subject:

Louis,

The film numbers for both records refer to films made by the LDS (Mormon) Church. To view the films it is necessary to go to the LDS Family Search site (familysearch.org) and set up an account. Follow the prompts for microfilm ordering. Order Film #715805 for the 1846 record and Film #715806 for the 1848 record. The index will be very helpful to you to locate both records. On the film for the year 1846 in the section for births (urodzenie) just look for record #57. For the 1848 record do the same thing, but look for record #8 in the birth section of the records. Civil transcripts (which is what these records are) usually arrange the records for a given year with births first, then marriages, and finally deaths. Although this is the usual order, the are exceptions.

Hope this helps you.

Dave
Louisbean

Post Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:16 am      Post subject: Thanks!

Hi Dave, thanks so much for this. Understanding which film it was in was really helpful.

I did try the Family Search Films ordering, but found the whole process quite confusing (it seemed to be all about loaning the microfilms to a local family history centre then going into photograph them - but there isn't one listed anywhere near me).

I also found this site:

https://www.bh.org.il/databases/lds-form/

..which did let me order scans online of the particular pages I was looking for - but it all seemed a little too easy compared to the method of loaning the microfilms so not sure if it's going to work - have you used this before?

Thanks again!
Magroski49

Post Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:03 am      Post subject:

Louis,

May I jump into your conversation.
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Photoduplication_Services
Gilberto
Send e-mail
Louisbean

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:32 am      Post subject: Thanks

Thanks Gilberto, I'll give that a go too and let you know how I get on!
Magroski49

Post Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:43 pm      Post subject: Re: Thanks

Louisbean wrote:
Thanks Gilberto, I'll give that a go too and let you know how I get on!

Updating: ending December 2014
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Photoduplication_Services

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Louisbean

Post Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:46 pm      Post subject: Beit

Hi Gilberto,

Thanks for this. As an update I went to Beit Hatfutsot and got the records emailed to me - it was a cheap, quick and efficient service and one I'll definitely use again.

Thanks again for your help!
carolt71

Replies: 63

Post Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:25 pm      Post subject:

has anyone heard of the prison atRadom?? I was looking up my grandfather and located his name in the listing. My husband said the United States Holocaust Museum only has Jewish listings, however, the article says they had 15% Jewish, 80% polish excetera. Does anyone have information regardinghow to obtain documents from this facility?? The internet has the listing located inn the section rg-15.
Thank you,
Carol
P.s. my great grandmother's first name was Eleanor, is this different in Hebrew or yiddish??
Send e-mail
krystynawade

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:56 pm      Post subject:

I obtained copies of records for both my mother and father from the Holocaust Museum in Washington DC a few years ago. My parents are both polish, my mother taken to a work farm from Poland in 1941 and my father was in Buchenwald 1944-45. It took about 18 months or more to obtain the information from the museum. The documents also included my parents and brothers immigration documents for Australia. It gave me a lot of information that I did not know about my family.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: