PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:11 pm      Post subject: Help With Town Name in 1906

I'm trying to decipher the town of origin for an ancestor named Adela Krzyzewska (maiden name of Naruszewicz), who came to Milwaukee,
Wisconsin in 1906 with her baby named Jozefa, paid for by Casimir Kzyzewski.There are two attached files. A selection from the image showing the handwritten place or town name and the whole page from the Baltimore passenger list. The town names in the partitioned Poland may have been different in 1906 and not the same now. The nearest I can come is the ending of dzie. Can anyone help? Do you know what part of Poland the family might be from?

1906Arrivals.JPG
 Description:
Passenger List from Baltimore 1906
 Filesize:  20.41 KB
 Viewed:  3672 Time(s)

1906Arrivals.JPG

PlaceName.JPG
 Description:
Close up of unknown town
 Filesize:  12.29 KB
 Viewed:  3672 Time(s)

PlaceName.JPG

Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:29 pm      Post subject: Re: Help With Town Name in 1906

boater22 wrote:
I'm trying to decipher the town of origin for an ancestor named Adela Krzyzewska (maiden name of Naruszewicz), who came to Milwaukee,
Wisconsin in 1906 with her baby named Jozefa, paid for by Casimir Kzyzewski.There are two attached files. A selection from the image showing the handwritten place or town name and the whole page from the Baltimore passenger list. The town names in the partitioned Poland may have been different in 1906 and not the same now. The nearest I can come is the ending of dzie. Can anyone help? Do you know what part of Poland the family might be from?

Hi,

I read Bobondzie. I have found an enry for a Mary Brozowski who came from the same village. Could not find it in SGKP as Babądzie, Babondzie, Bobądzie, Bobondzie. The closest souund was a Bobańce, in krasnowski.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Beatta

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:32 am      Post subject:

Maybe - Pobondzie – wieś w Polsce położona w województwie podlaskim, w powiecie suwalskim, w gminie Rutka-Tartak.

W latach 1975-1998 miejscowość administracyjnie należała do województwa suwalskiego.
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 593

Post Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:51 pm      Post subject: Re: Help With Town Name in 1906

boater22 wrote:

Another young woman, indexed as Mildina Brozowsky, 19, single, last residence abroad 'Bobondzie', arrived in the US on May 26th, 1899. She was on her way to Shenandoah, PA to join her brother Jozef Brozowsky.

Bobondzie → Pobondzie → http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pobondzie

Pobondzie immigrants through Ellis Island:
- Nawrocka, Anna, Pobondzie, 17, b 1887, arrival 1904;
- Boryla, Anna, Pobondzie, 8 ys, b 1896, arrival 1904;
- Boryla, Jozefa, Pobondzie, 9 ys, b 1895, arrival 1904;
- Czukowska, Maryanna, Pobondzie, Russia, 17, b 1891, arrival 1908.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: