PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:04 pm      Post subject: Searching for information on Great grandparents

I would like to find any information on my great grandparents. Leon C Janowski he was born Feb 29, 1864 in Zeszow, Poland. He was married to Katherine Elizabeth Baranski who was also born in Poland about 1868.

They moved to Chicago, IL. and had 5 children.

Thank you for any assistance I can get!

VMounce
margo

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:05 am      Post subject: Re: Searching for information on Great grandparents

Are you still looking?

It looks like they got married in Rzeszow in 1891.
Leo Kazimierz Janowski - his mother surname: Modelska
Katarzyna Barańska - her mother surname: Petka

http://www.geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?rid=4712&from_date=&to_date=&search_lastname=Baranska&search_lastname2=&rpp1=150&bdm=S&w=09pk&op=gt&lang=pol
VMounce

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:21 pm      Post subject:

Hi Margo,

Yes, I'm still looking. Thank you so much for the information. I looked at the link you provided and have a couple of questions. I clicked on the surnames and it showed Imie ojca and the name Jan and Imie matki and the name Julia; is this the name of his parents? Also on the year they were married it had Lp. 2 Akt 6, does that mean they were married on June 2, 1891?
Thanks again for your help!
VMounce
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2787

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:21 pm      Post subject:

VMounce,

You have to click on "scan" and look for the appropriate record. Attached is the cropped image of the scan of their marriage record. Akt 6 just means it is the sixth marriage in the parish for 1891. The marriage took place on May 14, 1891. Leo's mother was deceased at the time of the wedding and Leo's occupation was woodworker/carpenter. If you would like a complete translation, please ask in the Latin Records Translations section of the forum.

Best of luck in your research.

Dave

Marriage Janowski Baranska.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  104.19 KB
 Viewed:  3947 Time(s)

Marriage Janowski Baranska.JPG

VMounce

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:38 pm      Post subject:

Thank you so much for your reply. No one in my family has ever seen this document so it will be very special to all of us. Can you tell me how I would go about finding out if either of them had brothers or sisters?

And where in Poland are they from?

We know very little about this branch of our family!

thank you again!!!

VMounce Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: