PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 117

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:17 am      Post subject: Toruń Database [UPDATE - online]

Hi!
I'm looking for an archive of Włocławek, near Warszawa.
Do you know if there is a database with all the scans of births', deaths' and marriages' certificates of Włocławek?

Thanks
Phil[/b]

Last edited by Philip on Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:40 am; edited 5 times in total
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:29 am      Post subject: Re: Włocławek Database

Philip wrote:
Hi!
I'm looking for an archive of Włocławek, near Warszawa.
Do you know if there is a database with all the scans of births', deaths' and marriages' certificates of Włocławek?

Thanks
Phil

Phil,

AP Torun, branch Wloclawek, inted to release their records online about June 2015, according to
http://www.torun.ap.gov.pl/

Gilbertgo
Send e-mail
Philip
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:45 am      Post subject:

Quote:
Phil,

AP Torun, branch Wloclawek, inted to release their records online about June 2015, according to
http://www.torun.ap.gov.pl/

Gilbertgo

June 2015?!
Do you now if it's possible to contact them and ask for some certificates?

Thank you so much Gilberto!

Last edited by Philip on Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Magroski49

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:59 am      Post subject:

Sure you can. Their email address is [email protected]
And some indexed BMD in http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&w=02kp

Gilberto
Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2782

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:16 pm      Post subject:

Philip,

If you do email the Wloclawek branch of the Archives in Torun (or any other archives for that matter), you'll have to practice the virtue of patience while waiting to get the documents you request. I've requested records from the Wloclawek branch and also from the Inowroclaw branch of the Bydgoszcz archives and was pleased with the documents they sent. From my experience, it takes at least a month or more before you'll get an email response from the archive. Then they will send you a list of the documents they located along with the fee for both the research and for making the copies and sending them. (The fees are reasonable, in my opinion---e.g. on one occasion they spent 1 &1/2 hours researching, found 12 records made copies of 24 pages [2 pages per record] and the total cost was $55.00 in American money.) The next step in the process is that you'll have to send the funds directly to the account of the archives via electronic transfer. This is the part where you have to shop around where you live. A number of the banks where I live didn't do wire transfers to Poland and one which did wanted to charge $85.00 to transfer $55.00---what a rip. I ended up using a credit union where we have several accounts and they charged $25.00 for the transfer---not exactly cheap but a lot better than $85. Once you've completed the transfer you'll need to email a copy of the paperwork to the archive. This will speed up the process rather than having them wait to get a confirmation from the bank in Poland that the funds have been transferred. You'll still need to keep practicing the good old virtue of patience. Within a day or two after sending the transfer paperwork the archive should send you an email confirming the records which they will send. Straight up they said that they would be mailing the copies and to expect them to arrive in two months. (I guess the mail is sent on a slow boat to America.) Two months later almost to the day the package with the records arrived. So basically, if you sent your email request today, don't expect to actually get the records until sometime in June or July at the earliest.

Hope you find this info from my experiences useful.

Dave
Philip
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:57 pm      Post subject:

Quote:
Philip,

If you do email the Wloclawek branch of the Archives in Torun (or any other archives for that matter), you'll have to practice the virtue of patience while waiting to get the documents you request. I've requested records from the Wloclawek branch and also from the Inowroclaw branch of the Bydgoszcz archives and was pleased with the documents they sent. From my experience, it takes at least a month or more before you'll get an email response from the archive. Then they will send you a list of the documents they located along with the fee for both the research and for making the copies and sending them. (The fees are reasonable, in my opinion---e.g. on one occasion they spent 1 &1/2 hours researching, found 12 records made copies of 24 pages [2 pages per record] and the total cost was $55.00 in American money.) The next step in the process is that you'll have to send the funds directly to the account of the archives via electronic transfer. This is the part where you have to shop around where you live. A number of the banks where I live didn't do wire transfers to Poland and one which did wanted to charge $85.00 to transfer $55.00---what a rip. I ended up using a credit union where we have several accounts and they charged $25.00 for the transfer---not exactly cheap but a lot better than $85. Once you've completed the transfer you'll need to email a copy of the paperwork to the archive. This will speed up the process rather than having them wait to get a confirmation from the bank in Poland that the funds have been transferred. You'll still need to keep practicing the good old virtue of patience. Within a day or two after sending the transfer paperwork the archive should send you an email confirming the records which they will send. Straight up they said that they would be mailing the copies and to expect them to arrive in two months. (I guess the mail is sent on a slow boat to America.) Two months later almost to the day the package with the records arrived. So basically, if you sent your email request today, don't expect to actually get the records until sometime in June or July at the earliest.

Hope you find this info from my experiences useful.

Dave

Thanks Dave for having explained your experience! It's so bad that it's so expensive and slow!!
Fortunately many relatives of my family comes from Lublin and thanks to the digital archive I found on my own hundreds of datas completely free, thanks to those who of course worked for scanning all those documents... I'll wait for June 2015, or maybe when I'll be in Poland I'll go there directly! Smile
Philip
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:29 am      Post subject:

Quote:
And some indexed BMD in http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&w=02kp

Gilberto

Gilberto,

I have a question: why there are many indexes without the scanned documents attached?
In other words, how is it possible that some towns have been indexed if there are no scanned documents online?

Thanks
Philip
Magroski49

Post Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:35 am      Post subject:

Philip wrote:
Quote:

Gilberto

Gilberto,

I have a question: why there are many indexes without the scanned documents attached?
In other words, how is it possible that some towns have been indexed if there are no scanned documents online?

Thanks
Philip

Phil,

I see two reasons:
- the volunteer transcribed the names from indexes, which usually exist at the end of each year/event in a given book. In other words, the volunteer did not have access to the records themselves;
- the volunteer may have signed an agreement with the Archiwum Panstwowe so that even if he/she has the original records he/she is not allowed to make them available to the public.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Philip
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:06 am      Post subject:

UPDATE
I've sent them an email, they replied me the archives will probably be published online in April 2015 !
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:18 am      Post subject:

Update

I just had phone conversation with a lady from Wloclawek Archives. She told me that they just got back their metrical resources from Bydgoszcz where they were scanned. So they are now physically available in the archives.

I asked about their availability on-line. The lady told me that she didn't know details and the organization which is going to put it online is different that the one which scanned it. To her knowledge the records should be available on-line at the breakthrough of June and July..
Send e-mail
Philip
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:30 am      Post subject:

Quote:
Update

I just had phone conversation with a lady from Wloclawek Archives. She told me that they just got back their metrical resources from Bydgoszcz where they were scanned. So they are now physically available in the archives.

I asked about their availability on-line. The lady told me that she didn't know details and the organization which is going to put it online is different that the one which scanned it. To her knowledge the records should be available on-line at the breakthrough of June and July..

In a previous email they told me the Archives will be published online on April 30th.
I understand that takes time and it's a very laborious work, but at least I'd like to understand when the archives will be online, just like those of the Lublin area, already published long time ago.
Philip
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:32 am      Post subject:

UPDATE

They probably are almost done!!!

Last article published on their website: http://www.torun.ap.gov.pl

Quote:
8 maja 2015 r. w godzinach od 11.00 do 13.00 zapraszamy do zwiedzania Archiwum Państwowego w Toruniu w czasie Dni Otwartych Funduszy Europejskich. W programie warsztaty genealogiczne i pokaz aplikacji do zarządzania oraz prezentowania w serwisie www danych przechowywanych w pamięci chmurowej.

Translation:
On May 8, 2015 between from 11.00 to 13.00 we invite you to visit the National Archives in Torun during the Open Days European Funds. The program will present genealogical workshops and demonstration of management applications and present a website of data stored in the cloud.

They will present the CLOUD service for the documents!

The problem is... Will they publish them on the Polish State Archives, or they will develop their own website?
Philip
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:33 am      Post subject:

Finally the Torun Archives publushed this new website: http://genealogiawarchiwach.pl

There you'll be able to find documents from that area!
But apparently they are still uploading documents everyday!

Philip
ctamara

Replies: 74

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:03 pm      Post subject:

Hi Philip I have been following your posts and congratulate you on your perserverance. Personally, i have been distressed for years trying to locate info on my grandmother. everytime i think i broke through the brickwall i hit another one. is the website you gave functioning? i tried it but had some difficulties trying to navigate it. any suggestions? thanks carol tamara
Send e-mail
Philip
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:12 pm      Post subject:

ctamara wrote:
Hi Philip I have been following your posts and congratulate you on your perserverance. Personally, i have been distressed for years trying to locate info on my grandmother. everytime i think i broke through the brickwall i hit another one. is the website you gave functioning? i tried it but had some difficulties trying to navigate it. any suggestions? thanks carol tamara

Hi Carol!

Never give up! Yes I've been quite upset for all this time not able to pursue any kind of research.
Now there's this new website, full of documents, but on the other hand, frankly, it's still quite laggy and I personally do not understand why they created this website instead of using the Polish State Archives website (see here: http://szukajwarchiwach.pl )

I too had some problems, and still I have navigating this website. Many times it doesn't open the documents!
But especially, apparently there's no way to download the documents!

However, I'm glad too see that at least there are many different types of docs from different archives of many cities and towns from the area! It's very rich of informations to be discovered!

The only think I could suggest you, and that I've personally noticed: once you open the website, it's better not to open many documents all together, and it's better to wait that all the documents appears as previews, once you research, before opening them.
Because once the previews appear than it means they're uploaded and it's easier to navigate the documents!

Even though many are shuffled, check always the index number of the pages!

If you find a way to download the documents, please write here in this post or in this other one:
http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=3133

Have a good research!!
Philip
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next Page 1 of 2

Jump to: