PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:51 am      Post subject: How far did Kashubia extend?

Hi all,

There is a book that was published in 1994 about one side of my Polish family, the Brzoska's, which states that they were part of the Kashubian "tribe" for many generations. There is a whole chapter on Kashubians because of this. I can only go back on the Brzoska side to third great grandfather, who was born in Rywałd in 1812. From the maps I've seen on Google, Rywałd isn't within the Kashubian "region" however in the 1800s and earlier, did Rywałd and the Starogard County in general have Kashubian influence? I assume it was researched before being published, and the authors didn't just assume the whole of Pomerania was also Kashubian.

Any help would be great Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: