PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Russian records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181 ... 236, 237, 238  Next
Author

Replies: 49

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:19 pm      Post subject: Thank you

Thank you, Ryszard. My handwriting was bad - it was supposed to be 1800.

I am glad you told me about the yat. I have been using Google Translate to try to work things out and it is indeed not on that virtual keyboard.

One word is stumping me on the attached.

best,
Dave

Dziubek Peter for Richard.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  642.38 KB
 Viewed:  8364 Time(s)

Dziubek Peter for Richard.jpg

scott_cieminski

Replies: 23

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:20 am      Post subject: Thank You!

Dear Ryszard,

Many, many thanks for your translation of my great-grandmother's birth record! Now I finally have her correct birth date and the specific location where she was born! Your skill in working with these documents is truly remarkable, and greatly appreciated. Thanks for sharing your time and expertise.

Best Regards,

Scott
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:56 pm      Post subject:

Dave:

The word is именъ, genitive plural case of the word имя - имена (nominative singular and plural), and the phrase would translate as ".... unknown names."
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:09 pm      Post subject:

Two more for the Dubaj family:

No. 185
Potok Wyszem. [?]

Completed in the village of Potok Wielki on 5/17 October, 1894, at 10:00 AM. Appeared Blażej Rosol, 60, and Jan Dubaj, 42, both farmers residing in the village of Potok Wyszemirny [spelling in Polish?], and declared that on 3/15 October, current year, at 4:00 PM, died in Potok Wyszemirny LEON DUBAJ, age 3 years, son of Wojciech and Magdalina nee Szczesniak Dubaj, legal marriage, farmers. Testimony of eyewitnesses to the death of Leon Dubaj verified. This act read aloud and signed only by me. Fr. P. Wronka, S. K. G. S.

-#-

Potok Wysz.
Leon Dubaj

Completed in the village of Potok Wielki on 22 March/ [?] April, 1892, at 2:00 PM. Appeared Wojciech Dubaj, 42, farmer residing in Potok, in the presence of witnesses Jozef Cholida [?], 50, and Walenty Krawczyk, 34, farmers residing in Potok, and presented us with a male infant, declaring that he was born in Potok on 18/30 March, current year, at 5:00 AM of his legal wife Magdalina nee Szczesniak, 3_[?] years of age. At the rite of holy baptism concluded today, the child was given the name of LEON. Godparents were Walenty Krawczyk and Agnieszka [?] Matula. This act read aloud to the declarant and witnesses and signed only by me. [Signature cut off]
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:40 pm      Post subject: Please Translate Alexander Krygier Marriage Record

Hello Ryszard,

When you have the time, please translate this marriage record for Alexander Krygier. I am sorry the ink is so light; it was faded in the parish book. This is the best image I could manage. I hope it is OK.

Thank you so much!!
Cynthia

1870-11 Alexander Krygier Marriage.JPG
 Description:
Alexander Krygier Marriage Record
 Filesize:  1.71 MB
 Viewed:  8361 Time(s)

1870-11 Alexander Krygier Marriage.JPG

Send e-mail
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:24 pm      Post subject:

Four more for the Dubaj family:

No. 13
Potok Stany [Potok, in either Polish or Russian, means "stream" or "flow." "Stan" could be a place, a police district, or ?]

Michal Krzych and Tekla Dubaj

Completed in the village of Potok Wielki [Big Stream?] on 21 January/3 February, 1903, at 2:00 PM. We declare that in the presence of witnesses Wojciech Kudelski, 50, and Jan Margol, 30, farmers residing in the village of Potok Stany, that concluded today was the religious marital union between MICHAL KRZYCH, farmer, single, age 21, born and residing in the village of Potok
Stany, son of Jan and Tekla nee Tomczyk Krzych, legal marriage, and TEKLA DUBAJ, farmer, single, age 18, born in the posad [suburb] of Goraj, Zamost [Zamosc?] uezd [district], and residing in the village of Potok Stany, daughter of Wojciech and Magdalena nee Szczesniak Dubaj, legal marriage. The ceremony was preceded by the publication of the banns of marriage, proclaimed in the local parish church on 5/18, 12/25 January, and 19 January/1 February of the current year. Permission for the bride to marry was given orally and personally by her parents before the ceremony. The newlyweds declared that no prenuptial agreement had been concluded between them. This act read aloud to those witnesses and signed only by me. Fr. P. Wronka, S. K. G. A.

-#-

No. 43

Potok Wyszomirski
Karolina Dubaj

[Please have Elzbieta check the Polish notation in the left margin, it relates to her marriage.]

Completed in the village of Potok Wielki on 17/29 January, 1899, at 5:00 PM. Appeared Wojciech Dubaj, 48, farmer residing in the village of Potok Wyszomirski, in the presence of Walenty Wuicik [Wójcik?], 47, and Ludowik Nowak, 40, farmers residing in Potok Plebania [?], and presented us with a female infant, declaring that she was born in Potok Wyszomirski on 13/25 January of the current year at 7:00 AM of his legal wife Magdalena Szczesniak, 40. At holy baptism concluded today, the child was given the name of KAROLINA. Godparents were Walenty Wójcik and Marianna Lewandowska. This act read aloud to the witnesses and signed only by me. Fr. P. Wronka.

-#-

No. 259
Potok Wyszomirski
Wladyslaw Dubaj

Completed in the village of Potok Wielki on 4/16 July, 1896, at 10:00 AM. Appeared Wojciech Dubaj, 45, farmer residing in the village of Potok Wyszomirski, in the presence of witnesses Tomasz Lewandowski, 38, and Jozef Gerak, 60, farmers residing in Potok Wyszomirski, and presented us with a male infant, declaring that he was born in Potok Wyszomirski on 2/14 July of the current year at 10:00 AM of his legal wife Magdalena nee Szczesniak, 33. At holy baptism concluded today, the child was given the name of WLADYSLAW. Godparents were Tomasz Lewandowski and Katarzyna Kusmirczyk [?]. This act read aloud to the declarant and witnesses and signed only by me. Fr. P. Wronka.

-#-

No. 48
Potok Stany
Stanislaw Dubaj

Completed on 31 January/13 February, 1904, at 10:00 PM. Appeared Jozef Kolodzej, 55, and Ignacy Krawczyk, 45, both farmers residing in Potok Stany, and declared that on 30 January/12 February of the current year at 5:00 AM died in Potok Stany STANISLAW DUBAJ, age 2 years and 9 months, son of Wojciech and Magdalena nee Szczesniak Dubaj, legal marriage. Testimony of eyewitnesses to the death of Stanislaw Dubaj verified. This act read aloud to the attendees and witnesses and signed only by me. Fr. P. Wronka.
fopuszyn

Replies: 177

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:52 pm      Post subject: Franciszka Nadrowska d.1870

Hello...

Attached is the 1870 death record of who I believe is my 2G GM Franciszka Nadrowska born Kowalska. Her husband, my 2G GF is Wojciech Nadrowski who died in 1848. Franciszka's age at death should be ~62 years since I believe she was born in ~1808.

Not sure if record also indicates who Franciszka's parents were.

Parish is Sumin near Lipno.

Please translate are your earliest convenience.

Thanks!

Frank

LDS 544102 Nadrowska, Franciszka d.1870.jpg
 Description:
#8 (?)
 Filesize:  1.42 MB

LDS 544102 Nadrowska, Franciszka d.1870.jpg

Dave D

Replies: 66

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:55 pm      Post subject:

Ryszard,

Thank you very much for the Dubaj translations. I really appreciate your work and the speed in which you do it. If and when I find more documents on my family I will certainly be back.

Thanks again,
Dave D
scott_cieminski

Replies: 23

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:42 pm      Post subject: Marriage Record

Hello Ryszard,

Thanks in advance for translating this marriage record.

Scott

Last edited by scott_cieminski on Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
dsherry

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:20 pm      Post subject: a template for do-it-yourself death record translation

Please see attached.

Russian word list handwritten sorted by category.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Russian word list handwritten sorted by category.pdf
 Filesize:  1.61 MB
 Downloaded:  510 Time(s)

death template.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  death template.pdf
 Filesize:  809.93 KB
 Downloaded:  476 Time(s)

Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:03 pm      Post subject:

Because of another failure of my piling system, I did not mark down who needed the translation of the following marriage registration for Witalis Gwiazdowski and Anna Zackiewicz:

No. 117. Registry of marriage of Witalis Gwiazdowski with Anna Zackiewicz

Completed in the city of Suwalki on 30 October/11 November, 1895, at 3:00 PM. We declare that in the presence of witnesses Stanislaw Sidorek, farmer residing in the village of Ziwawoda, age 30, and Antoni Taraszkiewicz, residing in the village of Prudzimka [?], farmer, age 22, that concluded today was the religious marital union between WITALIS GWIAZDOWSKI, single, discharged to the reserves private first class, born and residing in the village of Krzywulka, son of Stanislaw and Marianna nee Baginska Gwiazdowski, legal marriage, age 28, and ANNA ZACKIEWICZ, single, born and residing in the village of Bialawoda, daughter of deceased Augustin and the living Benedikta nee Golinska Zackiewicz, legal marriage, age 21 years. The marriage ceremony was preceded by the publication of the banns of marriage, thrice proclaimed in the Suwalki parish church on 20, 27 October, and 3 November New Style, of the current year. The newlyweds declared that no prenuptial agreement had been concluded between them. The religious rite of marriage was concluded by Fr. Antoni Narkiewicz, vicar of Suwalki parish. This act read aloud to the newlyweds and signed only by me. Fr. P. Rauksza, Rector of Suwalki Parish.
zack

Replies: 449

Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:30 pm      Post subject: BRYT and BROJTMAN and GOLDFARB

HI
Thank you for your recent translations
I would appreciate if you could translateand this one too
ZACK

LISTMAN ESTRA LAJA B56.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  338.42 KB

LISTMAN ESTRA LAJA B56.jpg

BRYT DAWID M12.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.08 MB

BRYT DAWID M12.jpg

BROJTMAN JOJNA.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  420.56 KB

BROJTMAN JOJNA.jpg

GOLDFARB LEJBUS B15.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  630.32 KB

GOLDFARB LEJBUS B15.jpg

Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:36 pm      Post subject:

Three more, check to see if they might be yours!

No. 2
Suwalki

Completed in the city of Suwalki on 22 December/1 January 1894/5, at 12:00 noon. Appeared Teofil Lapinski, day laborer, 56, and Wladyslaw Czernecki, farmer, 51, residing in the city of Suwalki, and declared that yesterday at 4:00 PM in the city of Suwalki died TEOFILA GWIAZDOWSKA, age 7 months, born in the city of Suwalki and there residing with her parents, daughter of day laborer Antoni and Wiktoria nee Andruszkiewicz Gwiazdowski, legal marriage. Testimony of eyewitnesses to the death of Teofila Gwiazdowska verified. This act read aloud and signed only by me. Fr. P. Rauksza, rector of Suwalki parish

-#-

Register of deaths in 1884
No. 1
Wojcin

Completed in the village of Wojcin on 22 December, 1883/3 January, 1884, at 12:00 noon. Appeared Piotr Dziuba, 64, and Franciszek Bialek, 64, farmers residing in the village of Wojcin, and declared that on 20 December 1883/1 January 1884, of this year at 8:00 PM died URSZULA PAWYZA, 56 [uncertain of her age], wife of a farmer, daughter of Jan and Agnieszka nee Mendel Bialek, legal marriage, farmers, born and residing in the village of Wojcin, she leaves behind her widower husband Szymon Pawyza. Testimony of eyewitnesses verified. This act read aloud and signed only by me. Fr. M. Budzinski

-#-

Marriage of Michal Giszler and Katarzyna Kacprzik

Gawrony [?]

Completed in the posad [suburb] of Skulska [?] on 7/19 November, 1879, at 5:00 PM. We declare that in the presence of witnesses Antoni Radomski, 36, farmer from Borowa Warzimowska [?], and Jozef Wisniewski, 54, farmer from Mostkow Racincinska [?], that concluded today was the religious marital union between MICHAL GISZLER, single, age 28, born in the village of Bartowcica [?], in the Grand principality of Poznan, and residing in the village of Taljarkowa [?], farmer, son of Piotr and Marianna nee Matuszewska Giszler, legal marriage, he residing with the son of the mother in the village of Taljarkow, because the father died; and KATARZYNA KACPRZIK, widow, age 22, after the death in the village of Gawrony on 27 November/9 December 1878 of husband Tomasz. She was born in Mostky Racincinski and resides in the village of Gawrony with her sister, she is the daughter of Wojciech and Julianna nee Wdzemkowski [?] Palmowski, legal marriage. The marriage was preceded by the banns, published in the local and Brożiszew parish churches on 21 October/2 November, 28 October/9 November, and 4/16 November of the current year. The newlyweds declare that they concluded no prenuptial agreement. Religious ceremony of marriage was concluded by Fr. Ignacy Larecki, rfector director of Skulska parish. this act read aloud and signed only by me. Fr. Stepan Ignacy Larecki, Canon [two illegible words], Rector of Skulka parish.

The note in the left margin states: "The stricken word is of no significance."]
Everything Relative

Replies: 34

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:22 pm      Post subject: Gwiazdowski translations.

Ryszard,

Thank you very much for the two translations. They are very much appreciated!!!

And to whomever posted the word lists - thank you, as well. Hopefully, will help me to better learn how to do this myself! Smile
dsherry

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:13 pm      Post subject: marriage template

hi Ryszard,

Thanks again for your help. I am returning with a marriage template. There are are a few missing words and some puzzles.

line 4, 3rd word
line 23, 2nd and 3rd words (a place I think)
line 32, 4th and 5th words
line 34, 1st word

line 17 находящейсь = "situated" according to Google Translate. Does that mean living with his mother?
line 21 parent of three. Does that refer to her (would be surprising at age 21 and without name of prior husband) or him?
line 26 The first word means "ministers". I was puzzled by that.

best regards,
Dave

marriage template.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.28 MB

marriage template.jpg

Russian word list handwritten sorted by category.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Russian word list handwritten sorted by category.pdf
 Filesize:  1.61 MB
 Downloaded:  404 Time(s)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181 ... 236, 237, 238  Next Page 180 of 238

Jump to: