PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 15

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:48 pm      Post subject: Fates of Auschwitz prisoners

Hi! I'm trying to find some information of an Auschwitz prisoner named Wanda Slawinska. On this website there is a family tree of Wanda Hyżycka (http://www.sejm-wielki.pl/b/zi.5.126.a) who married a man named JanSlawinski. Wanda Hyżycka was born about 1900 and there is no info about date of her death, as it is written there, - I think, she could have been arrested and transported to camp as Wanda Slawinska. By the identification photo of Wanda Slawinska from Auschwitz archive I suppose that she was about 40 - 45 years. Photo has been taken a month before Wanda's death in KL Auschwitz in 1942. Her camp number is 22064. This information is taken fron Radom Memory Book (Radomska Księga Pamięci) - so I suppose that Wanda lived in Radom and she may have been tranported to Treblinka camp because I found a historical article telling about transporting Radom citizens to Treblinka. I'm sure that she arrived to Auschwitz after long time of being in some other camp because she looks extremely thin and exhausted.
Hope that here I can contact some people related to Wanda. I took all surnames of descendants from that family tree. Please check my profile. I will be glad for any response.
Yours,
Furstone
Send e-mail
ctamara

Replies: 74

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:57 pm      Post subject: Re: Fates of Auschwitz prisoners

Furstone wrote:
Hi! I'm trying to find some information of an Auschwitz prisoner named Wanda Slawinska. On this website there is a family tree of Wanda Hyżycka (http://www.sejm-wielki.pl/b/zi.5.126.a) who married a man named JanSlawinski. Wanda Hyżycka was born about 1900 and there is no info about date of her death, as it is written there, - I think, she could have been arrested and transported to camp as Wanda Slawinska. By the identification photo of Wanda Slawinska from Auschwitz archive I suppose that she was about 40 - 45 years. Photo has been taken a month before Wanda's death in KL Auschwitz in 1942. Her camp number is 22064. This information is taken fron Radom Memory Book (Radomska Księga Pamięci) - so I suppose that Wanda lived in Radom and she may have been tranported to Treblinka camp because I found a historical article telling about transporting Radom citizens to Treblinka. I'm sure that she arrived to Auschwitz after long time of being in some other camp because she looks extremely thin and exhausted.
Hope that here I can contact some people related to Wanda. I took all surnames of descendants from that family tree. Please check my profile. I will be glad for any response.
Yours,
Furstone

I am disabled so cannot type much. did u search USMHM ,THE holocaust museum which all info just released by Germany. I found stuff.search special collections and see what comes up.good luck carol tamara
Send e-mail
ctamara

Replies: 74

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:00 pm      Post subject:

also put in the prison at radom carol
Send e-mail
Furstone

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:35 am      Post subject:

ctamara wrote:
also put in the prison at radom carol

Thanks much, ctamara! I almost didn't have any hope to have any answer! I'll try it!
Send e-mail
Furstone

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:57 pm      Post subject:

Sorry, is there anybody who has one of these 2 books:
- Księga Bólu i Pamięci. Więźniowie hitlerowskich obozów koncentracyjnych z dystryktu radomskiego w latach 1939-1945;
- Księga Pamięci. Transporty Polaków do KL Auschwitz z Radomia i innych miejscowości Kielecczyzny 1940-1944?
I really need them but there's no opportunity for me to offer it. Maybe someone can provide me for some information from it? Or, maybe, someone knows where to read it in PDF?
Hope that it doesn't sound absurdly:).
Thanks beforehand,
Furstone
Send e-mail
sirdan
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 304

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:02 am      Post subject:

Furstone

Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:20 am      Post subject:

Thank you, Sirdan! I'll try this way!
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: