PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 215, 216, 217 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author

Replies: 41

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:39 am      Post subject: Re: Akt urodzenia Antoni Komor 1857

Elzbieta Porteneuve wrote:
jeanluck wrote:
Hi,

herie is the birth record of Antoni Komor - 1857 - Uniejów parish (son of Stanisław KOMOR and Bogumiła W(B)ŁAZAŁEK )

#86 http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=3&zs=1707d&sy=1857&kt=1&plik=086-091.jpg#zoom=1&x=57&y=0

Best,
Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc,

Here it is.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO214:
#86 http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=3&zs=1707d&sy=1857&kt=1&plik=086-091.jpg#zoom=1&x=57&y=0
86 Człopy
Dzialo sie w Uniejowie dnia 8 czerwca 1857 roku o godzinie 1 po poludniu. Stawil sie Stanisław Komor lat 34 liczacy, gospodarz z Człopow, w obecnosci szwagra swego Rocha Błażełek lat 22 i Grzegorza Pełki lat 50 liczacych, obu gospodarzy z Człopow, i okazal nam dziecie plci meskiej urodzone w Człopach dnia wczorajszego o godzinie 7 po poludniu z jego malzonki Bogumiły z Błażełkow lat 30 liczacej. Dziecieciu temu na chrzcie swietym w dniu dzisiejszym odbytym nadane zostalo imie Antoni a rodzicami jego chrzestnymi byli wyzej wspomniany Roch Błażełek i Rozalia Komor. Akt ten stawajacym i swiadkom przeczytany, przez nas podpisany a stawajacy i swiadkowie pisace nie umieja.
Ksiadz Michał Frasnukiewicz

DATE-of-ACT: 8 June 1857, 1 pm, in Uniejów
FATHER: Stanisław Komor, 34 years old, farmer from Człopy
MOTHER: Bogumiła born Błażełek, 30 years old, his wife
KTO: Antoni Komor, born 7 June 1857, 7 pm, in Człopy
WITNESSES: Roch Błażełek, 22 years old and Grzegorz Pełka, 50 years old, both farmers from Człopy

==

Thank you Elzbieta for transcribing and translating.

Are Roch Błazełek and Roezlia Komor the godparents ?

What means KTO ?

Best,
Jean-Luc
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:57 am      Post subject: Re: Akt urodzenia Antoni Komor 1857

jeanluck wrote:
Thank you Elzbieta for transcribing and translating.

Are Roch Błazełek and Roezlia Komor the godparents ?

What means KTO ?

Best,
Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc,

Yes, Roch Błazełek and Roezlia Komor are the godparents // sorry I forgot to add it yesterday, corrected now.

KTO, kto? means who? in Polish. It is my tag, in my summaries, as it is (1) short NOT English word, therefore (2) searchable line on polishorigins.com forum (and elswhere with google).
Googling with "who" brings you Universe and beyond ....

At one moment I used to keep translations on Unix computer, so "grep KTO" was very very powerful tool.

Best,
Elzbieta
jeanluck

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:11 am      Post subject:

OK !! I was thinking it is a english abbreviation ! I had not made the connection with kto...my few words known in Polish !

Well, as OS I used Linux (OpenSuse)...

Best,
Jean-Luc
nercell
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 287

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:55 pm      Post subject: Bonkowski late 18th c references

Hello once again Elzbieta,

Yet another attempt in translating a few paragraphs with google and I am left 'scratching my head'
At times it is 'on spot' and others....???

This often means that the language may be heavy and time consuming for you to translate as well...I hope this is not the case.

An interesting online resource for those researching szlachta in Woj. Mazowieckie:

WŁADYSŁAW SMOLEŃSKI
SZKICE Z DZIEJÓW SZLACHTY MAZOWIECKIEJ
NAKŁADEM AUTORA
http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/100389372

Various Bonkowski family members are mentioned...I am wondering, in particular, if Michal is mine? The time frame and place are right....perhaps there is something that will verify or deny that this is my direct line. There appears much information in these writings, surrounding the time Michal would have gone to Galicia to prove his nobility.

(I offer the following as an example of just one of many sentences that just makes no sense in English...
Drobnej szlachcie wystarczały własne ręce robocze-Mający synów dorosłych nie trzymali parobków, lub pozbywali się poddanych
Yeomanry sufficient own hands drafts Adult sons having not kept farmhands, or indirectly They shall be disposed of subjects) !!!

No rush...

Appreciated,

Nancy

Bonkowski in SZKICE Z DZIEJÓW SZLACHTY MAZOWIECKIEJ.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Bonkowski in SZKICE Z DZIEJÓW SZLACHTY MAZOWIECKIEJ.pdf
 Filesize:  326.32 KB
 Downloaded:  757 Time(s)

jeanluck

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:38 am      Post subject: Akt zgonu Wawrzyniec Pełka - 1825

Hi,

Here is the death record of Wawrzyniec PEŁKA - 1825 - Uniejów parish :

#14 http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/54/822/0/6.1/55/skan/full/SX3RytQUOfAT-acZcKUaNQ

Best,
Jean-Luc
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:04 am      Post subject: Re: Request for Translation

kzgupta wrote:
Hello again Elzbieta,

I have found a marriage record for my 4x great-grandparents from 1821. I hope that you can help again with translation. It's long, and I hope, interesting ! Here is the first part, second to follow. Thank you in advance, Kathy

Kathy,

Here is your record.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO214:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/jaroch_w_and_lawendowska_f_marriage_24_1821_p_1_107.jpg
Krzynowloga Wielka 24
MARRIAGE: 4 February 1821, 11 am, in Krzynowloga Wielka, circuit Przasnysz, in the voievodship of Plock
GROOM: Woyciech Jaroch, young man, 22 years old according to submitted before us [metrics] birth records cut out of the books of the church in Krzynowloga Wielka, staying with his parents so far, in the assistance of his father, Walenty Jaroch, farmer settled in Krzynowloga Wielka, and his mother Marcyanna born Rzodkiewicz
GROOM-PARENTS: Walenty Jaroch, farmer settled in Krzynowloga Wielka, and Marcyanna born Rzodkiewicz
BRIDE: Miss Franciszka Lawendowska, 22 years old evolved, according to submitted before us [metrics] birth records cut out of the books of the church in Krzynowloga Wielka, who is staying at the house of her sister Maryanna born Lawendowska, spouse Kozicki, residing in Krzynowloga Wielka on the farm, in the assistance of her uncle [from father’s side] and guardian, honest Piotr Lawendowski, 50 fifty old, [kopczarz] farmer residing in Gadomiec-Chrzczany
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of honest Szymon Lawendowski, also farmer peasant, and Zofia born Goryszewska, both in the village Czaplice Bąki, passed away according to submitted death records cut out of the books of the church in Krzynowloga Wielka
WITNESSES: Mikolaj Rogowski, 21 years old, evolved, serving in [folwark] the manor farm, and Szymon Piwowski, 53 years old, settled on a farm; and Mikolaj Lubowicki, 48 years old, also settled on a farm, and notorious Adam Rafalowski, shoemaker craftsmanship, 42 years old, all four from Krzynowloga Wielka, neighbors of both newlyweds
BANNS: 14, 21 January 1821

(part1, introducing groom and bride, with documented dates of birth, and names of parents)

Roku 1821 dnia 4 miesiaca lutego o godzinie 11 przed poludniem. Przed nami proboszczem parafii Wielko Krzynowloskiej, sprawujacym obowiazki urzednika Stanu Cywilnego gminy Wielko Krzynowloskiej, obwodu Przasnyskiego w wojewodztwie Plockim. Stawili sie uczciwi Woyciech Jaroch, kawaler majacy podlug zlozonej przed nami metryki wycietej z ksiag kosciola Wielko Krzynowloskiego lat 22, przy rodzicach dotad zostajacy, w asystencji ojca swego Walentego Jarocha, wloscianina w Krzynowlodze Wielkiej na gospodarstwie osiadlego, i matki swojej Marcyanny z Rzodkiewiczow; tudziez panna Franciszka Lawendowska, dowodzaca zlozona przed nami metryka wycieta takze z ksiag kosciola Wielko Krzynowloskiego, iz skonczyla rok 22 wieku swego, ktora w domu siostry swojej Maryanny z Lawendowskich Kozickiej w Krzynowlodeze Wielkiej na gospodarstwie zamieszkalej zostaje, corka uczciwych Szymona Lawendowskiego, takze wloscianina, i Zofii z Goryszewskich
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/jaroch_w_and_f_lawendowska_marriage_1821_crop_p_2_top_132.jpg
obojga w wsi Czaplicach Bakach na gospodarstwie zeszlych podlug zlozonych aktow zejscia wycietych z ksiag gminy Wielko Krzynowloskiej, w asystencji swego stryja oraz opiekuna, uczciwego Piotra Lawendowskiego liczacego lat piecdziesiat, w Gadomiu Chrzczanach kopczarza zamieszkalego.

Translated part1:

Year 1821, day 4 of the month of February, at 11 o’clock before noon. Before us pastor of the parish Krzynowloga Wielka, exercising duties of the officer of the Civil Vital Records Registry for the community Krzynowloga Wielka, circuit Przasnysz, in the voievodship of Plock. Appeared in honest Woyciech Jaroch, young man, 22 years old according to submitted before us [metrics] birth records cut out of the books of the church in Krzynowloga Wielka, staying with his parents so far, in the assistance of his father, Walenty Jaroch, farmer settled in Krzynowloga Wielka, and his mother Marcyanna born Rzodkiewicz; and Miss Franciszka Lawendowska, 22 years old evolved, according to submitted before us [metrics] birth records cut out of the books of the church in Krzynowloga Wielka, who is staying at the house of her sister Maryanna born Lawendowska, spouse Kozicki, residing in Krzynowloga Wielka on the farm, daughter of honest Szymon Lawendowski, also farmer peasant, and Zofia born Goryszewska,
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/jaroch_w_and_f_lawendowska_marriage_1821_crop_p_2_top_132.jpg
both in the village Czaplice Bąki, passed away according to submitted death records cut out of the books of the church in Krzynowloga Wielka, in the assistance of her uncle [from father’s side] and guardian, honest Piotr Lawendowski, 50 fifty old, [kopczarz] farmer residing in Gadomiec-Chrzczany.

(part2, Code Napoleon procedure, including dates of banns, and often oral permission of present parents or blood relatives):

Strony stawajace zadaja, abysmy do ulozonego miedzy nimi obchodu malzenstwa przystapili, ktorego zapowiedzi uczynione byly przed drzwiami naszego domu gminnego, to jest pierwsza dnia 14, a druga dnia 21 miesiaca stycznia roku biezacego o godzinie 12 w poludnie. Gdy o zadnem tamowaniu rzeczonego malzenstwa uwiadomieni nie zostalismy, a rodzice i stryj asystujacy niniejszym na obchod malzenstwa zezwalaja, przychylajac sie zatem do zadania stron, po przeczytaniu wszystkich wyzej wspomnianych papierow i dzialu szostego w tytule Kodeksu Napoleona o malzenstwie, zapytalismy sie przyszlego malzonka i przyszlej malzonki czyli chca polaczyc sie z soba zwiazkiem malzenskim?

No translation of part2:
BANNS: 14, 21 January 1821

http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/jaroch_woj_and_f_lawendowska_marriage_1821_p_2_bottom_crop_183.jpg

(part3, groom and bride say separately yes, the marriage is declared in the name of Law, in presence of witnesses)

Na co gdy kazde z nich oddzielnie odpowiedzialo, iz taka ich jest wola, oglaszamy w imieniu prawa, iz uczciwy Woyciech Jaroch, kawaler, i Panna Franciszka Lewandowska sa polaczeni z soba wezlem malzenstwa. Czego spisalismy akt w przytomnosci uczciwych Mikolaja Rogowskiego, liczacego lat 21 skonczone, w folwarku sluzacego, i Szymona Piwowskiego, lat 53 liczacego, na gospodarstwie osiadlego; nie mniej Mikolaja Lubowickiego liczacego lat 48, takze na gospodarstwie osiadlego, i slawetnego Adama Rafalowskiego, kunsztu szewskiego, lat 42 liczacego, wszystkich czterech takze z Krzynowlogi Wielkiej, sasiadow obojga zaslubionych, Woyciecha Jarocha i panny Franciszki Lewandowskiej. Akt niniejszy zostal stawajacym pisac nieumiejacym przeczytany, i podpisany przez nas.
Ksiadz Norbert Zorawski, proboszcz Wielko Krzynowloski, sprawujacy obowiazki urzednika Stanu Cywilnego

Translated part3:
When everyone separately answered that so is his will, we declare in the name of Law, that honest Woyciech Jaroch, young man, and Miss Franciszka Lewandowska are connected with each other by the node marriage. What we have written down in this act in consciousness of Mikolaj Rogowski, 21 years old, evolved, serving in [folwark] the manor farm, and Szymon Piwowski, 53 years old, settled on a farm; and Mikolaj Lubowicki, 48 years old, also settled on a farm, and notorious Adam Rafalowski, shoemaker craftsmanship, 42 years old, all four from Krzynowloga Wielka, neighbors of both newlyweds, Woyciech Jaroch and Miss Franciszka Lewandowska.
This act was read to the present not knowing how to write, and signed by us.
Priest Norbert Zorawski, pastor in Krzynowloga Wielka, exercising duties of the officer of the Civil Vital Records Registry

==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:32 am      Post subject: Re: Akt zgonu Wawrzyniec Pełka - 1825

jeanluck wrote:
Hi,

Best,
Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc,

Here it is.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO215:

DATE-of-ACT: 20 September 1825, 3 pm, in the parish Uniejow, county Warta, voievodship Kalisz
WITNESSES: Mikołaj Pełka, 70 years old, uncle [from father’s side] of the deceased, and Wawrzyniec Janczak, 50 years old, farmers from Człopy
KTO: Wawrzyniec Pełka, young man [single], 20 years old, died 19 September 1825, 1 pm, at his mother's house at number sixth in the village Człopy
PARENTS: son of Agnieszka born Stępień, widow Pełka [from family Pełkowcy] residing in Człopy.

14 Czlop
Roku 1825 dnia 20 wrzesnia o godzinie 3 po poludniu. Przed nami Urzednikiem Stanu Cywilnego parafii Uniejowskiej powiatu Wartckiego w wojewodztwie Kaliskim. Stawil sie Mikołaj Pełka liczacy lat 70, stryj zmarlego, i Wawrzyniec Janczak liczacy lat 50, gospodarze z Czlopu, i oswiadczyli nam, iz Wawrzyniec Pelka, mlodzian majacy lat 20, syn Agnieszki z Stępieniow wdowy Pełkowcy w Czlopie zamieszkalnej. Umarl dnia wczorajszego o godzinie pierwszej po poludniu, w domu matki pod numerem szostym, w wsi Czlopach. Po czym niniejszy akt zejscia stawajacym zostal przeczytany, i przez nas tylko podpisanym, poniewaz zaden z oswiadczajacych pisac nie umie.
Teodor Jurkiewicz, Urzednik Stanu Cywilnego parafii Uniejowskiej i Spicimierskiej

Translated:

Year 1825, 20 September at 3 o'clock in the afternoon.
Before us officer of the Civil Vital Records Registry for the parish Uniejów, county Warta, voievodship Kalisz. Appeared in Mikołaj Pełka, 70 years old, uncle [from father’s side] of the deceased, and Wawrzyniec Janczak, 50 years old, farmers from Człopy, and declared to us, that Wawrzyniec Pełka, young man [single], 20 years old, son of Agnieszka born Stępień, widow Pełka [from family Pełkowcy] residing in Człopy. He died yesterday at one o'clock in the afternoon, at his mother's house at number sixth in the village Człopy. Then this act of death was read to the present, and we only signed because none of declaring witnesses does not know how to write.
Teodor Jurkiewicz, officer of the Civil Vital Records Registry for the parish Uniejów and Spicimierz

==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:50 am      Post subject: Re: Bonkowski late 18th c references

nercell wrote:
Hello once again Elzbieta,

Yet another attempt in translating a few paragraphs with google and I am left 'scratching my head'
At times it is 'on spot' and others....???

This often means that the language may be heavy and time consuming for you to translate as well...I hope this is not the case.

An interesting online resource for those researching szlachta in Woj. Mazowieckie:

WŁADYSŁAW SMOLEŃSKI
SZKICE Z DZIEJÓW SZLACHTY MAZOWIECKIEJ
NAKŁADEM AUTORA
http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/100389372

Various Bonkowski family members are mentioned...I am wondering, in particular, if Michal is mine? The time frame and place are right....perhaps there is something that will verify or deny that this is my direct line. There appears much information in these writings, surrounding the time Michal would have gone to Galicia to prove his nobility.

(I offer the following as an example of just one of many sentences that just makes no sense in English...
Drobnej szlachcie wystarczały własne ręce robocze-Mający synów dorosłych nie trzymali parobków, lub pozbywali się poddanych
Yeomanry sufficient own hands drafts Adult sons having not kept farmhands, or indirectly They shall be disposed of subjects) !!!

No rush...

Appreciated,

Nancy

Nancy,

Wow. You will see.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==
P56:

W r. 1789 dwunasto włókowy obszar Grabienic Małych, w ziemi zawskrzyńskiej, powiecie niedzborskim, dzieliłsię na dziewięć części, na których siedzieli: 1) Maciej Pokrzywnicki z żoną (bezdzietni), dwiema służącemi, dwoma parobkami i tyluź komornikami; 2) Józef Bońkowski z żoną, córką i służącą; 3) Andrzej Smoleński z żoną, dwoma synami, córką i trojgiem służby; 4) Maciej Smoleński z żoną (bezdzietni), dwiema sługami i parobkiem; 5) Paweł Pokrzywnicki z żoną i trzema synami; 6) Paweł Giżyński z żoną, rodzicami, z trzema braćmi, tyluź siostrami i parobkiem; 7) Mikołaj Pokrzywnicki z żoną, dwoma synami i trzema córkami; 8) Tomasz i Andrzej Smoleńscy, — pierwszy z żoną, córką i sługą; 9) Piotr Pokrzywnicki z żoną, synem, córką i dwojgiem czeladzi. Z rodziną żydowską,siedzącą w karczmie, należącej do Pawła Giżyńskiego, ogół ludności wynosił 64 głowy 2). Na każdą schedę przy-')
==

Translated:

In year 1789, twelve [włóko = old surface unit] of Grabienice Małe area, in the land “Ziemia zawskrzyńska”, county Niedzbork, was subdivided into nine parts, on which sat: 1) Maciej Pokrzywnicki with his wife (childless), two servants, two farmhands and [as many komornik] two farmer-tenants ; 2) Józef Bońkowski with his wife, daughter and maid; 3) Andrzej Smolenski with his wife, two sons, a daughter and three servants; 4) Maciej Smoleński and his wife (childless), two servants and a farmhand; 5) Paweł Pokrzywnicki with his wife and three sons; 6) Paweł Giżyński with his wife, parents, three brothers, [as many] three sisters and a farmhand; 7) Mikołaj Pokrzywnicki with his wife, two sons and three daughters; 8) Tomasz and Andrzej Smoleńscy, - the first with his wife, daughter and servant; 9) Piotr Pokrzywnicki with his wife, son, daughter and two [czeladź] servants. With Jewish family, sitting in the tavern, owned by Paweł Giżyński, the general population was 64 heads 2). For every inheritance … ')

NOTE1:
http://sjp.pl/czelad%C5%BA czeladź, servant of nobles, in house

NOTE2: Ziemia zawskrzyńska, see below, – beyond Wkra river; was composed of 3 counties “Osiedzborski”, Mława and Szreńsk; difficult to guess what “Osiedzborski” could be. Niedzbórz is just nearby Grabienice Małe, and that 3 places, Niedzbórz/Grabienice Małe, Mława and Szreńsk, make a nice equilateral triangle, circa 15 km each arete. My opinion is that “Niedzbork” and “Niedzbórz” design the same place.

NOTE3: Wkra
River Wkra: starts near Nida, with name Nida river, passes Działdowo, with name Działdówka river, continues to Nick, then the name Wkra appears and goes southward, passing by west of Lubowidz, and west of Żuromin.
https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wkra_%28dop%C5%82yw_Narwi%29

NOTE4: the only place I found with “Ziemia zawskrzyńska” is from the old geography book. Analysing the name zawskrzyńska => za-wskra, it is exactly “beyond Wskra” [“beyond Wkra” determines relative scribe’s position …].
http://www.linia-polnocna.internetdsl.pl/SGKP/litera_M_Mazowsze.html
Ziemia zawskrzyńska (za Wkrą) liczyła 3 powiaty: osiedzborski, mławski i szreński, znana 1367 (Cod. Pol. II, 741, 751, 798). Władysław syn Ziemowita IV († 1455), tytułował się pierwszy księciem M. panem różnych ziem i zawskrzyńskiej. W 1764 r. suscepta w Szreńsku płocka (Vol. Leg.). W 1768 by uniknąć niedogodności sądów w Płocku o 15 mil odległym, utworzono uchwałą sejmową dla tej ziemi gród w Szreńsku z podstarościm, rejentem i pisarzem (Star. Polska). Roki (sądy) jednakże zawskrzyńskie już 1565 nakazano odbywać w Szreńsku (Vol. Leg.), zmieniając ich terminy 1581. Co do jej urzędników to kasztelana dotąd nieznaleźliśmy, ale są 1391 chorąży zawskrzyński, 1425 sędzia, starosta 1462 (Kod. Maz.).

==
P57:

Drobnej szlachcie wystarczały własne ręce robocze-Mający synów dorosłych nie trzymali parobków, lub pozbywali się poddanych. Franciszek Giżyński z Grabienie Małych w r. 1775 poddanych swych: Andrzeja i Kunegundę, wraz z dziećmi: Maryanną, panną, i Teresą, zaślubioną Józefowi z Czarnocina, sprzedał Michałowi Bońkowskiemu, łowczemu płockiemu'). Adam Paprocki z Łebek, sąsiadujących z Grabienicami Małemi, poddanych: Jakóba Zakroczymskiego z żoną Katarzyną i potomstwem w r. 1789 Michałowi Turowskiemu, pisarzowi zawskrzyńskiemu *). Zamożność szlachty była bardzo skromna. Według wykazu komisarzy, wyznaczonych podczas sejmu wielkiego do wynalezienia ofiary z dóbr ziemskich, intrata szlachty w Grabienicach Małych była w r. 1789 następująca: Część Pawła Giżyńskiego przynosiła rocznie zł. 62, gr. 18. » Macieja Pokrzywnickiego 43, » 5.» Andrzeja Smoleńskiego 37, » 1.» Macieja Smoleńskiego 46, » 9.» Piotra Pokrzywnickiego 96, » 19. Józef Bońkowski, Paweł Pokrzywnicki i Mikołaj Pokrzywnicki z Gutkowskim nie wysiewali na swych schedach dziesięciu korcy3).
Po jednym z zamożniejszych współwłaścicieli Grabienic Małych, Bartłomieju Grabieńskim, według inwentarza ') Ks. mtaw., nr. 30, f. 730. *) Ks. mław., nr. 78, f. 282. — Akta nie podają sumy przedażnej. Znać nie była wysoką, skoro Bagieński, podsędkowicz zawskrzyński, w r. 1796 »w celu wykazania wdzięczności* za odstąpienie mu połowy wsi Czarnocina darował Mostowskiemu w dodatku do szacunku — parobka (Ks. mław. nr. 91, f. 425). W r. 1785 właściciele Kosin Kapuśnych majstra kunsztu szewskiego, Jakóba Słomińskiego, uwolnili z poddaństwa za 42 dukaty (Ks. mław. nr. 70, f. 69). s) Ks. mław. nr. 77, f. 281.

==

Little nobles were self-sufficient, had enough own working hands. Those with adult sons, did not kept farmhands, or were getting rid of their subjects. In the year 1775 Franciszek Giżyński from Grabienice Małe sold his subjects Andrzej and Kunegonda, along with children: Maryanna, Miss, and Teresa, spouse of Józef from Czarnocin, to Michał Bońkowski, huntsman of Płock. In the year 1789 Adam Paprocki from Łebki, adjacent to the Grabienice Małe, sold his subjects: Jakób Zakroczymski with his wife Katarzyna and offspring to Michał Turowski, writer of the land Zawskrzyńskie *). The wealth of the nobility was very modest. According to the list made by commissioners in the parliament, with the intent to determine sacrifices [taxes?] of estates, in 1789 the incomes of nobility in Grabienice Małe were as follows: estate of Pawel Giżyński brought 62 zł, 18 gr. per year, »Maciej Pokrzywnicki 43,» 5.» Andrzej Smolenski 37, » 1.» Maciej Smolenski 46, » 9. »Piotr Pokrzywnicki 96, » 19. Józef Bońkowski, Paweł Pokrzywnicki and Mikołaj Pokrzywnicki with Gutkowski did not seeded in their inherited land ten korzec [korzec = 43 to 128 liters] of grain3).
The inheritence after one of the wealthy co-owners of Grabienice Małe, Bartłomiej Grabieński, according to inventory ') [Ks. Ksiegi=books] MŁAWA, nr. 30, f. 730. *) [Ks. Ksiegi=books] MŁAWA, nr. 78, f. 282. - files do not indicate the market value. That means it was not high, since in 1796, Bagieński, under-judge from the land Zawskrzyńskie, "in order to show gratitude* for waiving him half of Czarnocin village gave to Mostowski, in addition to respect, - a farmhand ([Ks. Ksiegi=books] MŁAWA. No. 91, f. 425). In the year 1785, the owners of Kosiny Kapuśne, freed from serfdom a shomaker master craftsmanship, Jacob Słomiński, for 42 ducats ([Ks. Ksiegi=books] MŁAWA. No. 70 f. 69). s) Ks. Books MŁAWA. no. 77, f. 281.

==
NOTE5: łowczy, huntsman, important position
http://literat.ug.edu.pl/glogers/0025.htm
Łowczy. W dobie piastowskiej, gdy prawie cała Lechja była krajem leśnym, a bory, przepełnione wszelkim zwierzem, stanowiły śpiżarnię dla książąt i narodu, łowiectwo było korzystnym przemysłem, a urząd łowczego bardzo ważnym zawodem.

==
P119
W r. 1777 na sejmiku deputackim w Raciążu Bońkowscy: Mikołaj łowczy, Józef żupnik płocki, Franciszek cześnik zawskrzyński, zebrawszy gromadę szlachty, porąbali Józefa Zielińskiego, stolnikowicza łomżyńskiego, z którym procesowali się o wieś Gościszki i emulowali o pierwszeństwo w województwie. Śród sojuszników Bońkowskich znajdowała się drobna szlachta z Łebek i Grabienie Małych, parafii niedzborskiej: Piotr i Maciej Pokrzywniccy, Jan Mączewski, Mikołaj i Adam Paproccy, Andrzej i Tomasz Smoleńscy*).

Translated:

In the year 1777 on the regional council of delegates in Raciąż, Bońkowski s: Mikołaj huntsman, Józef żupnik płocki, Franciszek [serving wine to the king], gathered crowd of nobles, chopped Józef Zieliński, son of [stolnik] manager of cooks in the court of Lomza, who they sued for the village of Gościszki and emulated for supremacy in the region. Among allies of Bońkowski was a gentry [little nobles] from Łebki and Grabienie Małe, of parish Niedzbork: Piotr and Maciej Pokrzywnicki, Jan Mączewski, Mikołaj and Adam Paprocki, Andrzej and Tomasz Smoleński *).

NOTE6: cześnik
w dawnej Polsce: urzędnik dworski usługujący królowi w czasie uczt przy stole (podający kielich z winem), mający pod opieką piwnicę panującego; później urząd tylko tytularny
//
in old Poland: official court minister, serving the king during seated feasts (giving a cup of wine), having cared for reigning cellar; later only titular office

==
jeanluck

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:06 am      Post subject:

Thank you very much Elzbieta for your precious help.

Best,
Jean-Luc
kzgupta
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 74

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:37 pm      Post subject: Jaroch/Lawendowska Translation

Elzbieta, I am deeply grateful once again for this translation. Lots of interesting detail. This must have been a lot of time for you. It's the first case in our family of a young person orphaned early and living under the guardianship of a relative. Some time ago you translated Franziscka's death record ( age 63) and we wondered why no one knew the names of her parents. They were gone long before her wedding ! I wanted to ask if you knew anything more about the use of the words "honest" and "notorious" in the context of these records and in that era. One wonders what a shoemaker could do to become "notorious" in a small village !

Tomorrow is Independence Day and I'm reflecting back that most of us in my generation never thought that we could have a family tree that went beyond Ellis Island, never mind include people born before the American Revolution. I am in awe of those who created and preserved these records so diligently in the past and who are translating and indexing today so that we can reclaim our heritage. Thanks, Kathy
Send e-mail
zack

Replies: 446

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:31 pm      Post subject: Ruchla Oracz

HI
I wonder
Is the name of the parents of Rachel appears in This document?
Thanks
ZACK

513572_510906254efpy78070953b.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  263.17 KB
 Viewed:  12010 Time(s)

513572_510906254efpy78070953b.jpg

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:46 pm      Post subject: Vocabulary terms for kzgupta

Kathy,

The two adjectives you asked about, uczciwy (upright/honest) and slawetny (renowned/famous/notorious) are words which are always used in vital records with a specific meaning and for a definite purpose. The reason the words are used is to categorize individuals by placing them into particular social/economic groups. These adjectives are devoid of any explicit or implied moral judgement. The terms actually predate the Napoleonic long paragraph records in Polish and are simply the rendering in Polish of terms found in earlier Latin records. Perhaps a good way of looking at these words is in terms of a continuum---a set of standardized vocabulary was used in Latin records to categorize individuals and when the language of the records changed from Latin to Polish the standardized Latin words were simply translated into Polish without any change in meaning and usage from the earlier Latin records.

Uczciwy (upright/honest) is simply the Polish translation of the Latin honestus and was usually used to describe a farmer from a small town or village without any reference to his or her moral character. Slawetny (renowned/famous) is the Polish translation of the Latin adjectives famosus and famatus and was used to refer to middle class craftsman. Although slawetny can mean famous, renowned, or even notorious, the connotation of notorious in English is such that it is better not to use that word as a translation of the Polish adjective. Although notorious in English can mean "well-known" the word carries with itself negative connotations which make it better to avoid using it as a translation of famosus/famatus/slawetny. The shoemaker did absolutely nothing to deserve being called notorious. All the adjective is doing is stating that he was a middle class craftsman. In the days before mass produced factory made shoes a shoemaker was definitely a craftsman.

In the Latin Records section of the forum I posted a list of terms used in vital records with their Latin, Polish and English versions and I'll repeat it here. Perhaps you may find it useful.

Happy Fourth of July aka Independence Day!

Dave

Vocabulary Distinguishing Non-nobles.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Vocabulary Distinguishing Non-nobles.pdf
 Filesize:  18.11 KB
 Downloaded:  599 Time(s)

nercell
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 287

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:52 pm      Post subject: Either side of 1776 in ziemi Zawskrzeńskiej

Wow is right, Elzbieta...an extremely interesting text.

Your translation and notes created a wonderful snapshot of late eighteenth century life in rural Poland.

I wonder if it was a typo -p. 57 noted Michal as being 'Lowczy' in 1775 and p. 119 noted Mikolaj as holding the position in 1777?

I still can not be certain that either Mikolaj or Michal Bonkowski are mine. Though I do have a father and son with these names both alive in the area at the time.

Looks like I will have to keep' hunting' myself .

//
Another wonderful resource:
Geografia historyczna ziem daunej Polski

http://literat.ug.edu.pl/glogre/index.htm

Ziemia Płocka, będąca zarazem województwem, jako obszerna i ludna, dzieliła się na ośm powiatów, a że trzy z nich były odcięte od reszty rzeką Wkrą, to też, jak widzieliśmy, dostały oddzielne miano „ziemi Zawskrzeńskiej ”.
Earth Plock, which is also the province as large and populous, divided into eight districts, and that three of them were cut off from the rest of the river Wkra, it too, as we have seen were given a separate name "land Zawskrzeńskiej".

NB- the court in the area , 1581 to 1767 - held in Plock/ 1565-1581 and post 1767 to ?-held in Szrensk.
//

As we prepare in America to celebrate the birth of our country~my thoughts wonder to a far away place that once seemed 'foreign', but is beginning to feel like 'home'....

Appreciated,

Nancy

mapa_ziemi_zawkrzynskiej.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  201.25 KB

mapa_ziemi_zawkrzynskiej.jpg

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:31 am      Post subject: Re: Vocabulary terms for kzgupta

dnowicki wrote:
Kathy,

The two adjectives you asked about, uczciwy (upright/honest) and slawetny (renowned/famous/notorious) are words which are always used in vital records with a specific meaning and for a definite purpose. The reason the words are used is to categorize individuals by placing them into particular social/economic groups. These adjectives are devoid of any explicit or implied moral judgement.
Dave

Kathy, Dave,

Thank you Dave.

I always get trapped by "notorious" sławetny, notoire, without connotation neither in Polish nor in French.

French, notoire: Connu du public, manifeste. // Publicly known, manifest.

Best,
Elzbieta
Philip
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 117

Post Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:30 am      Post subject:

Hi Elzbieta,

when you have time could have a look at this certificate?
It's a death certificate from Janow Lubelski, year 1823, about Abraam Hamer.

Thanks!
Merci!
Dziekuje!

Philip

Abram_Hamer_1823.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.92 MB

Abram_Hamer_1823.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 215, 216, 217 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 216 of 580

Jump to: