PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 235, 236, 237 ... 579, 580, 581  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:52 am      Post subject: Re: Polish translation - Death - Turyła, Walenty 1863

looking for clues wrote:
Hi Elzbieta:

A translation of the attached death record for Walenty Turyła would be appreciated. The index was on lubgens.eu with the record on familysearch.org.

It looks like the last name may be in nominative form on this one. Does it look like Turyła to you here?

Regards,
Diane

Diane,

Good record! Yes, I have Turyła in nominative here.

Here it is.

Best,
Elzbieta

==
==PO232:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/death__turya_walenty_1863_crop_755.jpg
DATE-of-ACT: 5 December 1863, at 11 am, in the city Bychawa
WITNESSES: Mikolaj Pielech, 25 years old, and Jan Marcinkowski, 28 years old, farmers residing in the village Kozarzow
KTO: Walenty Turyła, died 2 December 1863, 4pm, in Kozarzow, farmer, 61 years old, born in Kozarzow,
PARENTS: son of Marcin and Katarzyna born Storkowska, [spouses Turyła]
WIDOW: leaving behind widowed wife Jadwiga born Pasternak, [spouse Turyła]

137 Kozarzow.
Dzialo sie w miescie Bychawie dnia 5 grudnia 1863 roku, o godzinie 11 rano. Stawili sie Mikolaj Pielecha, lat 25, i Jan Marcinkowski, lat 28 majacy, wloscianie we wsi Kozarzowie zamieszkali, i oswiadczyli ze w dniu 2 grudnia roku biezacego o godzinie 4 po poludniu (tu) w Kozarzewie umarl Walenty Turyła, wloscianin lat 61 majacy, urodzony w Kozarzowie, z Marcina i Katarzyny z Storkowskich, zostawiwszy po sobie owdowiala zone Jadwige z Pasternakow. Po przekonaniu sie naocznie o zejsciu Walentego Turyły. Akt ten przeczytany stawajacym podpisalismy, ile ze oni pisac nie umieja.
X. Jan Wojtasz, proboszcz parafii Bychawskiej

Translated:

It did happen in the city Bychawa, on 5 December 1863, at 11 am. Appeared in Mikolaj Pielech, 25 years old, and Jan Marcinkowski, 28 years old, farmers residing in the village Kozarzow, and declared that on 2 December of the current year at 4 pm (here) in Kozarzew died Walenty Turyła, farmer, 61 years old, born in Kozarzow, son of Marcin and Katarzyna born Storkowska, leaving behind widowed wife Jadwiga born Pasternak. After visual conviction that Walenty Turyła passed away. This act read to the present we signed, because they do not know how to write.
Priest Jan Wojtasz, pastor in Bychawa

==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:27 am      Post subject: Re: Jan Wenderlich m.1816

fopuszyn wrote:
Elzbieta,

Attached is 1816 marriage record of my 3G Grandparents Jan and Zofia Wenderlich.

Please translate whenever you are available.

Many Thanks

Frank

Frank,

Here is 1816 marriage.

Best,
Elzbieta

==
CORRECTION: Piwczenska! "z" accolated with "P" makes it like "N". Moreover, one of witnesses is Andrzej Piwczenski, same name.

==PO232:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/ta_wenderlich_jan_m1816_p1_162.jpg

MARRIAGE: 28 October 1816, in Kikół, county Lipno, voievodship Płock
GROOM: Jan Węderlich, young man, servant in Grodzeń, 21 years old according to presented [metric] birth record cut from the books of the church in Wola,
GROOM-PARENTS: son of Szymon Węderlich, passed away, and Katarzyna born Kaczmarska, residing in rented house in Gnoyno (Gnojno), who is conscious to this act and gives permission to this marriage
BRIDE: Zofia Sobecka?, Miss, staying with her mother, in Grodzeń, 19 years old, according to [metric] birth record in the file of the church in Kikół,
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of Kazimierz Sobecki? passed away and Anna born Piwczenska, residing in rented house in Grodzeń, who is conscious to this act and gives permission to this marriage.
WITNESSES: Andrzej Boszewicz? 51 years old, Andrzej Piwczenski, 50 years old, Antoni Sztuczka, 31 years old, and Jakob Jaworski, 60 years old, all witnesses are farmers from Grodzen
BANNS: 13 and 20 October 1816.

(part1, introducing groom and bride, with documented dates of birth, and names of parents)

Roku 1816, dnia 28 pazdziernika. Przed nami, proboszczem Kikółskim Urzednikiem Cywilnym gminy Kikółskiej powiatu Lipnowskiego wojewodztwa Płockiego. Stawil sie Jan Węderlich, kawaler sluzacy w Grodzeniu, lat 21 majacy podlug zlozonej metryki wycietej z ksiag kosciola Wolskiego, syn Szymona Węderlicha, ktory nie zyje, i Katarzyny z Kaczmarskich, komornicy w Gnoynie (Gnojnie) mieszkajacej, ktora temu aktowi jest przytomna i na jego obchod zezwala. Stawila sie Zofia Sobecka? Panna przy matce bedaca sie, w Grodzeniu, lat 19 majaca podlug metryki znajdujacej sie w aktach kosciola Kikółskiego, corka Kazimierza Sobecki? ktory
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/ta_wenderlich_jan_m1816_p2_577.jpg
ktory niezyje i Anny z Piwczenskich, komornicy w Grodzeniu mieszkajacej, matka temu aktowi jest przytomna i na jego obchod zezwala.

Translated part1:

Year 1816, day 28 October. Before us, pastor in Kikół, Civil Officer for the community Kikół, county Lipno, voievodship Płock. Appeared in Jan Węderlich, young man, servant in Grodzeń, 21 years old according to presented [metric] birth record cut from the books of the church in Wola, son of Szymon Węderlich, passed away, and Katarzyna born Kaczmarska, residing in rented house in Gnoyno (Gnojno), who is conscious to this act and gives permission to this marriage. Appeared in Zofia Sobecka?, Miss, staying with her mother, in Grodzeń, 19 years old, according to [metric] birth record in the file of the church in Kikół, daughter of Kazimierz Sobecki?
passed away and Anna born Piwczenska, residing in rented house in Grodzeń, who is conscious to this act and gives permission to this marriage.

(part2, Code Napoleon procedure, including dates of banns, and often oral permission of present parents or blood relatives):

Strony stawajace zadaja, abysmy do ulozonego miedzy niemi malzenstwa przystapili, ktorego zapowiedzi wyszly przed glownymi drzwiami naszego domu gminnego, pierwsza dnia 13 pazdziernika, druga dnia 20 tegoz, roku biezacego. Gdy zadne tamowanie przeciw rzeczonemu malzenstwu nie zaszlo, my przeczytawszy papiery, z ktorych pokazuje sie, iz formalnosci jakich Prawo wymaga sa zachowane, przeczytawszy oraz dzial szosty Kodeksu w tytule o Malzenstwie, zapytalismy sie przyszlego malzonka i przyszlej malzonki
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/ta_wenderlich_jan_m1816_p3_131.jpg
czyli chca sie z soba pobrac?

No translation of part2.

(part3, groom and bride say separately yes, the marriage is declared in the name of Law, in presence of witnesses)

Na co gdy kazde z nich oddzielnie odpowiedzialo, iz taka ich jest wola, oswiadczamy w imieniu Prawa, iz Jan Węderlich i Zofia Sobecka sa polaczeni z soba wezlem malzenstwa. Tego wszystkiego psisalismy akt w przytomnosci Andrzeja Boszewicza? lat 51 majacego, Andrzeja Piwczenskiego lat 50 liczacego, Antoniego Sztuczki lat 31 liczacego i Jakoba Jaworskiego lat 60 majacego, ci swiadkowie sa wloscianie z Grodzenia, ktory stawajacym zostal przeczytany i przez nas podpisany, bo swiadkowie pisac nie umieja.
X. Budzynski, prob(oszcz) Kik(ółski) i Urzednik Cywilny

Translated part3:

When everyone separately answered that so is his will, we declare in the name of Law, that Jan Węderlich and Zofia Sobecka are connected with each other by the node marriage. What we have written down in this act in the consciousness of Andrzej Boszewicz? 51 years old, Andrzej Piwczenski, 50 years old, Antoni Sztuczka, 31 years old, and Jakob Jaworski, 60 years old, all witnesses are farmers from Grodzen; which (akt) was read to the present and by us was signed, because witnesses do not know how to write.
Priest Budzynski, pastor in Kikół and Civil Officer

==

Last edited by Elzbieta Porteneuve on Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
HELENAWOJTCZAK
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 158

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:42 am      Post subject:

Many, MANY thanks Elzbieta! Much appreciated! Helena
brymsza

Replies: 150

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:30 pm      Post subject: 1840 Lozdzieje Paulina birth

Elzbieta

Thank you very much for the marriage cert for Leon. Here is Paulina.

BR
Bob

1840_b_Paulina Rymsza_d_Adam_Jozefa Pawlowicz.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  661.94 KB
 Viewed:  8012 Time(s)

1840_b_Paulina Rymsza_d_Adam_Jozefa Pawlowicz.jpg

ads

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:06 pm      Post subject:

Hi everyone, its me again. My cousin Elisabeth, sent me a copy of Grandfathers baptismal certificate. Hoping that someone can translate it from Polish to English for me. Thanks

Screenshot_1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  610.61 KB

Screenshot_1.png

kzgupta
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 74

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:09 pm      Post subject: Golebiewska/Smolenski Marriage Record

Thank you again Elzbieta ! Such an interesting record. I have two questions:

Am I reading this correctly that the groom is age 20 and the bride is a 37 year old widow ?

I'm curious about the custom of the groom's Family Council giving permission and filing a record in court . Have you seen this before in other records ? Do you have any idea why this might have been done ? At age 20, I believe he is of legal age to marry.

Best,
Kathy
Send e-mail
mestanton

Replies: 212

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:48 pm      Post subject: Antonina Malewska and Kazimierz Nadratowski Marriage

Please translate the marriage of ancestors Antonina Malewska (born in Cetlin 1809) and Kazimierz Nadratowski in Lutocin parish, offered to me in a reply by another Polish Origins member.

http://pl.tinypic.com/r/105wjkj/8

Regards,

Marilyn
oncemore

Replies: 59

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:49 pm      Post subject: Is this extract accurate? [Wedding Record - Lasotki]

Hello:

Sorry to make a new thread for a translation.. But I think my post got lost in the pinned thread.

Also - I have a translation of sorts.. Am just looking for verification.

I'll 'quote' below what the researcher extracted for me. I'm curious if she missed any details, however.
I'm trying to glean every tidbit I can from this record, as it's the only one for this family I've been able to get my hands on yet.

I'll post two images below. One is the full document - but blurry and at a weird perspective.
The second is clearer but cuts a bit of the top off.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS: is the groom's mother's maiden name Pawilkoska or Pawilkowska? Thanks!
PSS: Were both of the groom's parents deceased, or just the father?

Quote:
Entry 3, page 25
Lasotki
On the 15 September 1895 marriage of Szczepan Nowakoski a bachelor, a worker, age 19, born in Wierznica in Mokowo parish, residing in Siecień, son of deceased Franciszek and Aniela maiden name Pawlikoska married couple Nowakoski, a worker
and [bride] Franciszka Warzycka a spinster, age 19, born in Biała in Gostynin parish, residing with her mother in Lasotki, daughter of Marijanna Warzycka, a worker. The newlyweds did not make any pre-marital agreement.
Witnesses: Antoni Janowski? age 28 and Wawrzyniec? Hrybuniecki? age 30, both servants in Siecień.
Signed by the Father, others are illiterate.

IMG_20150722_131543.jpg
 Description:
Clearer version, but truncated.
 Filesize:  1.06 MB

IMG_20150722_131543.jpg

IMG_20150722_131504.jpg
 Description:
Full doc but blurry and slanted.
 Filesize:  950.56 KB

IMG_20150722_131504.jpg

Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:08 pm      Post subject: Re: Is this extract accurate? [Wedding Record - Lasotki]

oncemore wrote:
Hello:

Sorry to make a new thread for a translation.. But I think my post got lost in the pinned thread.

Also - I have a translation of sorts.. Am just looking for verification.

I'll 'quote' below what the researcher extracted for me. I'm curious if she missed any details, however.
I'm trying to glean every tidbit I can from this record, as it's the only one for this family I've been able to get my hands on yet.

I'll post two images below. One is the full document - but blurry and at a weird perspective.
The second is clearer but cuts a bit of the top off.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS: is the groom's mother's maiden name Pawilkoska or Pawilkowska? Thanks!
PSS: Were both of the groom's parents deceased, or just the father?

Quote:
Entry 3, page 25
Lasotki
On the 15 September 1895 marriage of Szczepan Nowakoski a bachelor, a worker, age 19, born in Wierznica in Mokowo parish, residing in Siecień, son of deceased Franciszek and Aniela maiden name Pawlikoska married couple Nowakoski, a worker
and [bride] Franciszka Warzycka a spinster, age 19, born in Biała in Gostynin parish, residing with her mother in Lasotki, daughter of Marijanna Warzycka, a worker. The newlyweds did not make any pre-marital agreement.
Witnesses: Antoni Janowski? age 28 and Wawrzyniec? Hrybuniecki? age 30, both servants in Siecień.
Signed by the Father, others are illiterate.

-owski or -oski?
"Also, Polish is not spoken the same way by everybody. There are dialects of any language,
regional tendencies, not unlike that in American English that causes Ted Kennedy to call Fidel Castro the
“leaduh of Cuber” — and they can affect spelling. In many areas the suffixes –owski and –ewski,
correctly pronounced “off ́-skee” and “eff ́-skee,” come out sounding like “oss ́-kee” and “ess ́-kee”; the
w , which in that position is pronounced like f, is dropped entirely. So Dąbrowski can come out sounding
like Dąbroski, and may very well be spelled that way!.
page #3 in http://www.pgsa.org/PDFs/Mutilation.pdf

death: one or both (example provided by a native speaker)
If only Marcin was dead it would be:
syn nieżyjącego Marcina i Rozalii....
If both are dead then it is:
syn nieżyjących Marcina i Rozali

Gilberto
Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2783

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:19 pm      Post subject:

ads,

The printed parts of the certificate are actually bilingual---Polish and Latin. The entries are in Polish. Here is the translation.

Dave

Upper left corner: Name of Parish: The Roman Catholic Parish of the Mother of God of Perpetual Help in Skrzypane, 34-424 Szaflary
Center: Certificate of Baptism
1. Year and number of baptismal register: The year 1881, page 28, (entry #) 8
2. Given & Surname: Jakub Jamrych
3. Name of the father: Jan, the son of Wojciech and of Katarzyna nee Pajak; religion: Roman Catholic
4. Name of the mother: Maryanna nee Stopka, the daughter of Jan & of Regina nee Prokop; religion: Roman Catholic
5. Place & date of birth: February 20, 1881 in Skrzypane
6. Date & Place of baptism: February 20, 1881 in Szaflary
7. Notations in the baptismal register---Canon 470 #2 1988: Godfather: Wojciech Magdziak; Godmother: Anna Fatla; Midwife: Maria Marusarz; Priest who baptizeed: Leopold Chmielowski

This certificate agrees with (the data) in the metrical books.

Issued in Skrzypane on August 30, 1984
Signature of pastor who issued the certificate: Edward Cypal
Bottom left: Parish seal
Writing in seal: The seal of the ecclesiastical parish of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Perpetual Help
Tjleszcz

Replies: 20

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:21 pm      Post subject: Translation of Marriage Record for Adalbertus & Anna Jag

I am hoping someone can help me translate information off this marriage record. I can see/translate the names, for the most part. I hope some one can help with the words after Reginae (Adalbertus' mother) and the verbiage below the bride and groom's names. I hope the file attached.

cropped area.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  cropped area.pdf
 Filesize:  900.71 KB
 Downloaded:  310 Time(s)

Jagieta Adalbertus Anna.pdf
 Description:
Marriage record

Download
 Filename:  Jagieta Adalbertus Anna.pdf
 Filesize:  975.17 KB
 Downloaded:  318 Time(s)

fopuszyn

Replies: 177

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:33 pm      Post subject: Re: Jan Wenderlich m.1816

Elzbieta Porteneuve wrote:
fopuszyn wrote:
Elzbieta,

Attached is 1816 marriage record of my 3G Grandparents Jan and Zofia Wenderlich.

Please translate whenever you are available.

Many Thanks

Frank

Frank,

Here is 1816 marriage.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO232:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/ta_wenderlich_jan_m1816_p1_162.jpg

MARRIAGE: 28 October 1816, in Kikół, county Lipno, voievodship Płock
GROOM: Jan Węderlich, young man, servant in Grodzeń, 21 years old according to presented [metric] birth record cut from the books of the church in Wola,
GROOM-PARENTS: son of Szymon Węderlich, passed away, and Katarzyna born Kaczmarska, residing in rented house in Gnoyno (Gnojno), who is conscious to this act and gives permission to this marriage
BRIDE: Zofia Sobecka?, Miss, staying with her mother, in Grodzeń, 19 years old, according to [metric] birth record in the file of the church in Kikół,
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of Kazimierz Sobecki? passed away and Anna born Niwczenska, residing in rented house in Grodzeń, who is conscious to this act and gives permission to this marriage.
WITNESSES: Andrzej Boszewicz? 51 years old, Andrzej Prioczynski, 50 years old, Antoni Sztuczka, 31 years old, and Jakob Jaworski, 60 years old, all witnesses are farmers from Grodzen

==

As always, many thanks for your support.

Question: I have found records using Wenderlich and Węderlich. I suspect name is of German origin. Yes? If so, which form is Polish spelling?

Frank
fopuszyn

Replies: 177

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:32 pm      Post subject: Re: LDS 528571 Lopuszynski, Katarzyna d.1851

fopuszyn wrote:
Hello Elzbieta

Attached might be a difficult record to translate. I believe this might be 1851 death record of my 4G grandmother Katarzyna Lopuszynska.

Index is #39. (I know this from index page...)

Here are some key points that might be in record:

1) Parish is Chrostkowo (near Lipno)
2) Her age at death isn't clear but if she is who I think she is, she married by 4G grandfather Tomasz Lopuszynski in 1790 (1790 marriage record was translated on Latin board by Dave some time back...). Let's say she was 18 when 1790 marriage took place so by 1851 she would have been ~79, plus or minus a few years.
3) Village in upper left corner I believe is Adamowo (hard to read). Tomasz and Katarzyna did live in Adamowo.
4) Her maiden name was Wierzchowska. Again, hard to read, maybe your trained eye can see better if in record.
5) I see the word corka (daughter) followed by names but can't translate.

Anything else which may shed light on this person would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Frank

Elzbieta,

While searching through the new on-line database, I located a brand new digital image of 1851 death record for Katarzyna Lopuszynska. The previous version I gave you was terrible to read. This one is very clean. Looking for perhaps new clues on who she was.

Thanks

Frank

KL d.1851.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  815.06 KB

KL d.1851.jpg

looking for clues
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 122

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:09 pm      Post subject: Post subject: Re: Polish translation - Death - Turyła, Walen

Thank you so much Elzbieta! It really is a good record for me. Not only does it give Turyła in nominative but it gives parent's names for Walenty and tells me he was born in 1802 in Kozarzow. It also showed he remarried after his wife died. Very informative.

Regarding Walenty's mother's name, Storkowska, could that be read as Stoskowska? I see that name in Bychawa indexes.

Thank so much.

Diane
ads

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:28 pm      Post subject:

Thank you so much for the translation!! I appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 235, 236, 237 ... 579, 580, 581  Next Page 236 of 581

Jump to: