PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Russian records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 215, 216, 217 ... 236, 237, 238  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:56 pm      Post subject:

To marcelproust and starshadow:

Karpusowski is correct. The word marcelproust missed was состоявшaяся, which in this case can be translated as she was "residing," or "living" in Mankowo.
fplaywin

Replies: 15

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:24 am      Post subject: Death of Pawel Radomski

Ryszard,

When you have a chance please translate this death record of Pawel Radomski. As always, your help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.
fplaywin

Lubomin 1892 #12 Death Pawel Radomski.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  65.76 KB
 Viewed:  8748 Time(s)

Lubomin 1892 #12 Death Pawel Radomski.JPG

starshadow
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 305

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:29 pm      Post subject:

Thanks marcelproust and staripolak64. This record is another key piece of the puzzle.
starshadow
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 305

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:37 pm      Post subject:

Please help me translate this 1878 marriage record from Slupia parish.

1878-marriage.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  914.39 KB

1878-marriage.jpg

Anencir Rogoski

Replies: 93

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:35 pm      Post subject:

Staripolak64 wrote:
For Anencir:

Pieglowo
No. 36

Completed in the village of Zmiewo Koscielny/Kosćielny on July 14/26, 1885, at 11:00 AM. Appeared in person Teofil Placinski/Płaciński, servant residing in the village of Pieglowo, age 27 years, in the presence of Walenty Sadowski, servant, age 40, and Mateusz Pilkowski/Piłkowsky, small holder, age 59, both residing in the village of Pieglowo, and presented us with a male infant, declaring that he was born in the village of Pieglowo on July 8-20 of the current year of his legal wife Antonina nee Jablonska/Jabłońska, age 24 years. At holy baptism concluded today by us, the child was named STANISŁAW. Godparents were Walenty Sadowski and his wife Ludwika. This act read aloud to the illiterate and signed only by us, Administrator of Zmiewo parish, registrar of civil acts. Fr. Feliks Kozarzewski

Ryszard ! Thank you so much again. Anencir Rogoski.
poppy2

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:25 pm      Post subject: DUL - translation help please - Russian?

I met a lady while on holiday in the USA, we got talking and she believes her family may have lived in Galicia, where my ancestors also came from. So I offered to help get her started. Here's a scan of the birth and baptism? of Alexander DUL. Is this writing Russian? Might anyone be able to read the birth place please? Or other details?

She says she was told Alexander Dul was born on Feb 11, 1912 although this document shows other dates. And she was always told he was born in Lublin. Looking that city up, I see it was under Russian rule until 1915. I have asked her to send a better scan.

Meanwhile I've searched and it seems that Alexander Dul was the son of Polish speaking parents who emigrated to the USA some time between 1912 and 1916. They were Walter DUL born 28 March 1890 and wife Alexandrina b 1892 - married when she was age 17 = abt 1909 (info from US census Michigan, 1940 and familysearch death record of Walter).

I then found Walter Dul's 1917 "United States World War I Draft Registration Card" which digitally states his birthplace as Zakizowlk, Russia... while the actual handwriting looks to me like ZAKRZOWLK, Russia. Either this is a place name in Russia which I cannot find on any search ... Or was there a village of that name, or an area of that name, near Lublin?

Or could it be Zakrzowek just south west of Krakow, which might fit the lady's story that they 'came from Galicia'. I know from past experience that family stories are not always accurate, transcribers do make errors, and so did clerks when writng down a person's name or birthplace - spelling it as they heard it.

All help appreciated...

Alexander DUL _ 11 Feb 1912.JPG
 Description:
translation please?
 Filesize:  61.09 KB

Description:
 Filesize:  61.09 KB

Visit poster's website
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:42 pm      Post subject:

starshadow wrote:
Please help me translate this 1878 marriage record from Slupia parish.

Nr 2. Mańkowo

it happened in village Słupia on 17 Febryary 1878 at 5 pm.
Witnesses: Wincent Umiński, 28 years old Coachman (driver) from Śmiłowo and Stanisław Trzciński 43 years old from Nowa Wieś
Groom: Franciszek Adamkowski, single, 23 years old, son of Stanisław and Marianna nee Lewandowska born in Górki (Słupia parish) and living in Mańkowo (słupia parish).
Bride: Aniela Nowakowska, virgin, 18 years old, daughter of Stanisław and Marianna nee Karpuszewska born in Mogielnica and living in Mańkowo with her parents.
There were 3 church announcments in Słupia and Drobin churches on sundays at: 22, 29 january and 10 february and .... 5, 17 February (this is strange becaouse document says that there were three church announcements and later in the same document there is another date 5, 17 fabruary – maybe someone will help to understand this puzzle????)
Act was signed by the Słupia parish priest Jan Małachowski

PAYPAL: [email protected]
hania16

Replies: 25

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:09 pm      Post subject: Marian Glinka Akt#9

Please translate birth certificate #9. You can respond in English or Polish.
Thanking you in advance.
Hania

Marian Glinka (2).png
 Description:
Marian Glinka #9
 Filesize:  1.17 MB

Marian Glinka (2).png

hania16

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:26 pm      Post subject: Wladyslaw Moczek Akt#5 (2parts)

Please translate marriage certificate for Moczek/Fabisiak
Thank you
Hania

Moczek pt1 (2).png
 Description:
Moczek#5
 Filesize:  978.41 KB

Moczek pt1 (2).png

hania16

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:27 pm      Post subject: Wladyslaw Moczek Akt#5 (2parts)

2nd page for Moczek/Fabisiak marriage akt # 5

Moczek Pt2 (2).png
 Description:
Part 2
 Filesize:  1.09 MB

Moczek Pt2 (2).png

Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:05 pm      Post subject:

for cjh234:

The reproduction of these two documents, a marriage registry and a birth/baptism registry are very difficult to read, so I cannot be certain of most of the details. Someone with a better knowledge of Polish geography could probably help you with the place names. Here is what I have been able to do with the birth certificate:

No. 51.
Sniadzka [spelling?]

It happened in the village of Mokrelyka [??] on 14 February, 1884, at 6:00 PM. Appeared Wojciech Murawiec, farmer, resident of the village of Sniadzka [Soniadzka?], 31 years of age, in the presence of Antoni Gorgol from the village of Sniadzka [Soniadzka?, 25, and Szymon [illegible], of the village of Mokrelyka [?], age 40, both farmers, and presented us with a female infant, declaring that she was born in the village of Soniadzka [?] on 14 February of the current year at 6:00 AM of his legal wife Maryanna nee Gorgol, age 26 years. At the rite of holy baptism concluded today, the child was given the name of ANTONINA. Godparents were Antoni Gorgol and Katarzyna Lapa. This act read to the illiterate and signed only by me. Acting rector of Kokrolyka [?] parish. Fr. Stanislaw Ulianowicz.
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:50 am      Post subject:

Three more:

For the book of populations subject to military duty
Lublin province, Janow uezd [district]

Zakrzowek/Zakrzówek Roman Catholic Parish
Metrical Certificate of Birth

According to this extract from the true metrical registry for the year 1912, number 45, by this is certified that Aleksander-Stanislaw Dul was born in Zakrzowek on 29 January/11 February, 1912 [figures and numbers], of father [not legible] and his legal wife Aleksandra nee Szrom

Issued in Zakrzowek on 15/28 May, 1913

[Official seal] Registrar of civil acts [illegible signature]

Verified by personal signature in testimony there of.

[English notation]

- # -

No. 9
Rostki

Completed in the village of Szelokow on 3/16 January, 1910, at 1:00 PM. Appeared in person Jozef Glinka private landowner residing in Rostki, age 40, in the presence of Mateusz Fabisiak, 50, and Stanislaw Rzewnicki, 60, both private landowners residing in Rostki, and presented us with a male infant, declaring that he was born in Rostki on 27 December/9 January 1909/1910 at 9:00 PM of his legal wife Wiktorya nee Gierwatowska, age 30. At holy baptism concluded today, the child was given the name MARIAN/MARYAN. Godparents were Jan Pszczulkowski and Bronislawa Pszczulkowska. This act read to the witnesses and signed only by me. Administrator of Szelokow parish, registrar of civil acts. Fr. S. Fialkowsky

- # -

Rostki
No. 5

Completed in the village of Szelokow on 17/30 January, 1907, at 5:00 PM. We declare that in the presence of witnesses Roman Chrzanowski, 50, and Stanislaw Napierkowski, 32, both private landowners residing in the village of Rostki, that concluded today was the religious marital union between WLADYSLAW/WŁADYSŁAW MOCZEK, 33, single, born in the village of Popielarka, son of Franciszek and Anna nee Dobrzanska Moczek, legal marriage, landowners residing in the village of Popielarka, Wengrzyn parish and having residence with his parents, and JOZEFA FABISIAK, single, born in the village of Rostki, daughter of Mateusz and Joanna nee Plosinska Fabisiak, legal marriage, farmers residing in the village of Rostki, age 22, residing with her parents. The marriage was preceded by the publication of the banns of marriage, proclaimed in the Wengrzyn and Szelokow parish churches on Sundays, specifically on 31 December, 7, and 14 January, and on 30, 20, and 27 January, 1906/1907. The newlyweds declared that they had concluded on prenuptial agreement. The ceremony was conducted by Fr. Bruno Palmowski, vicar of Pultusk /Pułtusk Collegiate, with permission from the local administrator. This act read to the newlyweds and witnesses, and signed only by us and the bridegroom, the rest being illiterate. Administrator of Szelokow parish, registrar of civil acts, Fr. Sigismund Fialkowski.
Wladyslaw Moczek
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:16 am      Post subject:

Staripolak64 wrote:
Three more:

For the book of populations subject to military duty
Lublin province, Janow uezd [district]

Zakrzowek/Zakrzówek Roman Catholic Parish
Metrical Certificate of Birth

According to this extract from the true metrical registry for the year 1912, number 45, by this is certified that Aleksander-Stanislaw Dul was born in Zakrzowek on 29 January/11 February, 1912 [figures and numbers], of father [not legible] and his legal wife Aleksandra nee Szrom

Issued in Zakrzowek on 15/28 May, 1913

[Official seal] Registrar of civil acts [illegible signature]

Verified by personal signature in testimony there of.

[English notation]

Ryszard,

May I add that father's name is Władysław -- in Cyrillic Владислав.
Three consonants В -- д -- в characteristics for Władysław.

Best,
Elzbieta
hania16

Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:00 pm      Post subject: Marian Glinka Akt#9

Ryszard:
Thank you so much for the translation.
I do have a question regarding the birth date.
I am assuming that birth date is Dec. 27, 1909 and they did not report the birth until Jan. 1910.
There is also a date of Jan. 1909. Is this the correct birth date? I am not clear.
Or did they report the birth 1 year later?
Thank you
Hania
PolishLibrarian
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 311

Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:42 pm      Post subject:

Hania~ What Rsyzard was saying was 27 Dec 1909 or 9 Jan 1910 depending on which calendar is being used - I believe it's the Julian calendar (Russia) or the Gregorian calendar (Catholic), a difference of 12 days. ~PL
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 215, 216, 217 ... 236, 237, 238  Next Page 216 of 238

Jump to: