PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:55 pm      Post subject:

FYI: eventually I made it and got both zip files from sendspace.com, download took circa 30-40 minutes each.
sirdan
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 304

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:24 am      Post subject:

Nice Elzbieta, i knew it would work.
Frostyrose33, You are blocked probably because of company policy or it is internet provider that blocks site. There is a paranoia about piracy, many sharing sites are quited or blocked, i am afraid mediafire might be blocked at your work too, who knows? Don't know how about dropbox. Why is that happening and answering that question is a more like a philosophical debate Wink Could You try to download at home?
frostyrose33

Replies: 21

Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:36 pm      Post subject:

Sirdan: The internet from home was not working this last week. It's ok today and downloading now. With a slow connection, and doing both at once, it takes about 90 minutes. Thank you for all the effort and for sharing!! Frostyrose
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:17 pm      Post subject:

Just learned that March 1st is a Day in Memory to Cursed Soldiers in Poland, Dzien Zolnierzy Wykletych.
Soldiers from AK Army, Armia Krajowa.
PoW, emprisoned by Russians, some of them could leave with Anders Army in 1942.

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%BBo%C5%82nierze_wykl%C4%99ci
http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armia_Andersa

An aside information I could find, is that there is an index of emprisoned people.

http://www.indeks.karta.org.pl/pl/wyszukiwanie.jsp

I put there Kielar and got a list of 14 names, some of them born in late 1880s.

It migt be of interest in some cases.

Elzbieta
Tejchmah

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:33 am      Post subject: Tejchma Kielar Ryznar Uchman Szyptman

Here is research from Markowa and Gac which may be of interest to this thread.

Howard Tejchma

Tejchma Ryznar Research 2005.pdf
 Description:
Research 2005

Download
 Filename:  Tejchma Ryznar Research 2005.pdf
 Filesize:  1.13 MB
 Downloaded:  2278 Time(s)

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:55 am      Post subject: Re: Tejchma Kielar Ryznar Uchman Szyptman

Tejchmah wrote:
Here is research from Markowa and Gac which may be of interest to this thread.

Howard Tejchma

Greetings Howard,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

Last end of October 2012, it was the first time ever I travelled by car from Warsaw to Przemysl for All Saints Day.
Since 2005 I used to go there for 1 day, sometimes 2, to the grave of my Grandfathers, always by train - taking a long time, but it was exectly the same one I travelled with when I was child.

My parents lived in Przemysl, studied in Lwow, survived the WWII in Przemysl. They married in Przemysl, and moved three days later to Krakow (my birth place), and three years later to Warsaw.
My Grandfather Jozef Kielar and his family grave is in Przemysl. Jozef Kielar died from brain tumor, he was 54 (b. 19.01.1884 in Markowa, d. 19.10.1938 in Przemysl).

I only remember few souvenirs about Markowa from My Mother.

On a way back from Przemysl to Warsaw, we stoped at Markowa for about 2 hours - enough time to have a glimpse on the village and houses, see the church from outside, buy Markowa famous kielbasa wiejska (Markowa producers of kielbasa never run into stupid competition of cheap and bad quality insipid food, so their kielbasa was always a high price - on Polish scale, and absolutely fantastic taste), enter a gardener shop, ask for anything, have a pleasure to have a small chat. And drive to Warsaw.

Once I was back in Paris, work, and everyday life, I found this forum, and was lucky. I could get to 10 years of records from Markowa parish someone mentionned here, then gave it to me (later someone else wrote that Daniel Kluz from Lancut was involved in those records, I want to mention him and thank him). It was a fatastic gift, because I could find in those records 4 sibillings of Jozef Kielar (the fifth one should be on older records), and learnt my ancestor names.

Jozef Kielar parents (my Great grandparents) were: Marcin Kielar and Marianna Kluz.
Marcin Kielar parents (my GG2 grandparents) were: Jan Kielar and Zuzanna Spilman
Marianna Kluz parents (my GG2 grandparents) were: Jan Kluz and Maria Szylar

Now, when I read your story, I am even more enclined to go to Markowa for a couple of days, to take pictures of whole books, going back ten years by ten years. Type it all, and make an exhaustive index of names.
Would like to do pictures of all graves, make an index with references to the cemetery map.
Share it.
Have a coffee with people from Markowa, learn from them.

Enough dreams for years ...

Elzbieta
sirdan
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:14 pm      Post subject:

@Howard Tejchma
Thanks for sharing your report, with many details. It was interesting read. Here is piece of biography writing about Tejchman family. I don't see corelation at first look with Your family but it might be interseting to read. There is some information about Józef Tejchman, a communist politic from Markowa.

@Elżbieta
It's nice story of Yours, i enjoyed reading it.
My chase for ancestors have begun about 2 yrs ago, after reading some articles about Głuchoniemcy on Wikipedia and other sites. Wondered about origins of my surname too. Then i got info that my far family comes from Markowa. I asked few questions more, matched some parish records and got some nice picture of family. I ended up here in this thread for hope finding more and exchange information. At the very beginning i had dreamed about digging so far as to first settlers/colonists in Markowa. Now i know it is impossible, but there are few interesting books about this village, very beginnigs of it, customs, just people living there and so on. Among others, these are: Józef Półćwiartek - Z dziejów wsi Markowa, second is Wojciech Blajer, Jacek Tejchma - Markowa: Sześć wieków tradycji. Z dziejów społeczeństwa i kultury, and Jacek Tejchma - Dawniej o ludziach i czasach w Markowej. First two are available in library, I havent read third one yet so i search for it.
Concerning Marowa parish records scans, these available on szukajwarchiwach.pl are incomplete. I have already notified the archive. I hope they will fix that.
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:45 pm      Post subject:

sirdan wrote:

@Elżbieta
At the very beginning i had dreamed about digging so far as to first settlers/colonists in Markowa. Now i know it is impossible, but there are few interesting books about this village, very beginnigs of it, customs, just people living there and so on. Among others, these are: Józef Półćwiartek - Z dziejów wsi Markowa, second is Wojciech Blajer, Jacek Tejchma - Markowa: Sześć wieków tradycji. Z dziejów społeczeństwa i kultury, and Jacek Tejchma - Dawniej o ludziach i czasach w Markowej. First two are available in library, I havent read third one yet so i search for it.
Concerning Marowa parish records scans, these available on szukajwarchiwach.pl are incomplete. I have already notified the archive. I hope they will fix that.

Sirdan,

Could you elaborate more please? Why you know it is impossible to dig so far as to first settlers in Markowa? No documents?

I tried Markowa in szukajwarchiwach.pl and found only one book, the same I was given access to on this forum, 1890-1900. Your information gives hope there is more, and it will show online. Good !

Best,
Elzbieta
sirdan
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:52 pm      Post subject:

Quote:
Sirdan,
Could you elaborate more please? Why you know it is impossible to dig so far as to first settlers in Markowa? No documents?
It is impossible to dig in, to search so far in parish records. Birth records are available for Markowa only since around 1787. I didn't know it earlier before. Thats why i mentioned books, that gives information about what people settled markowa area, what rights was given to them. Historicians have access to old documents in Rzeszów, Przemyśl and Warszawa archives about XIV to XVII period. We know about Tatars invading Markowa area, many of citizens were taken as hostages and never came back, there were many periods of plagues too.

Quote:
I tried Markowa in szukajwarchiwach.pl and found only one book, the same I was given access to on this forum, 1890-1900. Your information gives hope there is more, and it will show online. Good !
Best,
Elzbieta
Sorry, szukajwarchiwach.pl site has scans same i posted here, it is same period: 1890-1900. They have however incomplete scans of that period of time. I got answer that they transfered my email to responsible people for Markowa online scans.
So far, pictures made by me is full complete set available.
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:26 pm      Post subject:

Greetings Markowa,

I just spent a weekend in Germany, near Köln, and went there to a very old, enormous bar.

Inside many level store there was a couple of places with names including "Keller" - Kielar or Piwniczny if we translate into Polish.

Enjoy!

Elzbieta

Koeln-etymology-Keller-Kielar-Piwniczny.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  58.56 KB
 Viewed:  14232 Time(s)

Koeln-etymology-Keller-Kielar-Piwniczny.jpg

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:31 am      Post subject: Markowa's families related to Wysoka near Wadowice

Greetings,

I browsed today Wysoka's records (trying to find hints for Wysoka), and found ... Markowa's names.

Re: archives
http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/
Enter Wysoka, tick "Only units/collections with scans", and get 109 units of archives. Plenty of useless (Wysoki mean High, any High level clerc fits), but still many vital records.
I selected
Jednostka aktowa: 59/1121/0/-/6 Digital copies: 107
Księga zgonów 1856-1899 -- records of deceased
Nazwa zespołu Akta stanu cywilnego Parafii Rzymskokatolickiej w Wysokiej
Archives from RZESZOW.

Then started to browse.

Page 3, click on the page you see something big white, it's 39.jpg
Names: Fleszar, Szpunar, Kluz, ...
On the right side, the big white is a letter signed Officium Parochiale in Lancut, 15 February 1879
The next one, 40.jpg, on the right. Names: Szpunar, Kilar, Tajchman, ...
The next one, 41.jpg, Names: Kielar, Fleszar, Szpilman, Szpunar, ...

It looks like some families from Wysoka and Markowa were related, same names. And this correspondence between Wysoka and Lancut.

Best,
Elzbieta
Edziu340

Replies: 29

Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:22 pm      Post subject: New Wysoka Records Posted

I recently posted Church records from Wysoka, they are my family records, but contain many of the mentioned surnames in this post, from Wysoka and Markowa.
sirdan
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:22 am      Post subject:

ninglot wrote:
Hello all!

I was Googling my last name trying to find some leads to ancestors and I stumbled upon this forum!

My name is Nicole Inglot, and my dad's family is from Albigowa, Poland. I told my father about this forum, and I'm hoping he joins in the conversation, as he will have a lot more information on the genealogy. In fact, although I live in Chicago, he currently resides in Albigowa - where it all began!
I look forward to hearing from any of you that might have some more information on this last name - be it ancestors or current relatives.

~Nicole
I had access to scans in Rzeszów Archive but awaited them to be released online. Finally two days ago on szukajwarchiwach.pl scans of Albigowa born records were released Smile Also new scans from Handzlówka (near Albigowa) and other villages where similar surnames appear and possible connections.
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:44 am      Post subject:

Thank you Sirdan!!!
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:34 am      Post subject:

Someone mentioned the place Steinseifersdorf (on "Emigration to Australia" topic).
That is Schlesien, Silesia, Śląsk - Sudeten, Sudety mountains.
Starting from that place I arrived ... to Markowa in 3 steps. Here is the path:

German name: Steinseifersdorf, Polish: Rościszów
https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ro%C5%9Bcisz%C3%B3w

Rościszów is a district of the city Pieszyce, German name: Peterswaldau
https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pieszyce
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pieszyce

Pieszyce started as Waldhufendorf settlement, in Polish: Łańcuchówka (wieś leśno-łanowa):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldhufendorf
https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%81a%C5%84cuch%C3%B3wka

Polish wiki Łańcuchówka (wieś leśno-łanowa), leads immediately to the very old settlements in the southern Małopolska and Ruś Halicka (XII-XV centuries).
Ruś Halicka is another name of Ruś Czerwona or Red Russia or Red Ruthenia:
https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ru%C5%9B_Czerwona
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Ruthenia

Ruś Halicka - Red Ruthenia: this way we arrive to the land of my ancestors in Podkarpackie, including the village Markowa, and its so characteristic design settlement, wieś leśno-łanowa, Waldhufendorf type settlement.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Elzbieta
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Page 4 of 6

Jump to: