PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Russian records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 216, 217, 218 ... 236, 237, 238  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 305

Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:55 pm      Post subject:

marcelproust wrote:
starshadow wrote:
Please help me translate this 1878 marriage record from Slupia parish.

Nr 2. Mańkowo

it happened in village Słupia on 17 Febryary 1878 at 5 pm.
Witnesses: Wincent Umiński, 28 years old Coachman (driver) from Śmiłowo and Stanisław Trzciński 43 years old from Nowa Wieś
Groom: Franciszek Adamkowski, single, 23 years old, son of Stanisław and Marianna nee Lewandowska born in Górki (Słupia parish) and living in Mańkowo (słupia parish).
Bride: Aniela Nowakowska, virgin, 18 years old, daughter of Stanisław and Marianna nee Karpuszewska born in Mogielnica and living in Mańkowo with her parents.
There were 3 church announcments in Słupia and Drobin churches on sundays at: 22, 29 january and 10 february and .... 5, 17 February (this is strange becaouse document says that there were three church announcements and later in the same document there is another date 5, 17 fabruary – maybe someone will help to understand this puzzle????)
Act was signed by the Słupia parish priest Jan Małachowski

Thanks marcelproust. I wonder what that 4th date means? Were there more than 3 banns?
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:34 pm      Post subject:

Publication of marriage announcements, the "Banns of Marriage." There were two sets of dates of publication because the announcements were made in two separate churches.
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:42 am      Post subject:

PL, Hania: in 1900s the difference is 13 days (it is 12 days in 1800s, now in 21st century it is 14 days, 1 day drift per century).

DATE-of-ACT: 3/16 January, 1910, at 1:00 PM -- /3 Jan 1910 old Julian calendar/ 16 Jan 1910 today Gregorian calendar/, cf. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorian_calendar
DATE-of-BIRTH: 27 December/9 January 1909/1910 at 9:00 PM -- /27 Dec 1909 old Julian/ 9 Jan 1910 today Gregorian/

Marian was born 9 January 1910.
His birth was declared 16 January 1910.

It is important to know the real today date, but also that dual system, because records are organized by years - you may see your record indexed in 1910, but actually archived in 1909 (it all depends how much archivist got confused)

Best,
Elzbieta
kelesney

Replies: 65

Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:31 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation Request : B. POTENSKI - thank you!

dear elzbieta
thank you once again for your assistance.
family grows bigger!
best
karen : )

Here is your record.

Best,
Elzbieta

http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/screen_shot_2015_11_09_at_91948_am_815.png
cjh234

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:36 pm      Post subject: Re: Russian Document Translation

cjh234 wrote:
Hello,

I am in need of help translating these documents. I received them from a family member and believe they have to do with my great grandparents who lived in Russian occupied Poland in late 1800s and early 1900s. I am pretty sure they are three different documents, but it is difficult for me to tell. My apologies if I duplicated. Thank you for your assistance. It is much appreciated as my family tries to re-trace our family in Poland/Russia. -CJH

I hope I posted this correctly last time. Hoping to get any help I can with translating these documents in to English. Thank you in advance for your assitance! It is much appreciated. -CJH
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:56 pm      Post subject:

For cjh234:

Hello,

I posted the translation of the obituary on November 24, and it is still up on the forum. The reproduction of the marriage certificate is very difficult for my old eyes to read, so please re-post, or if it is too large for the forum, you can send it to me directly at [email protected]. If that doesn't work, please let me know, and I will try again to translate what was posted.

Best regards,
Ryszard
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:57 am      Post subject:

Staripolak64 wrote:
for cjh234:

The reproduction of these two documents, a marriage registry and a birth/baptism registry are very difficult to read, so I cannot be certain of most of the details. Someone with a better knowledge of Polish geography could probably help you with the place names. Here is what I have been able to do with the birth certificate:

No. 51.
Sniadzka [spelling?]

It happened in the village of Mokrelyka [??] on 14 February, 1884, at 6:00 PM. Appeared Wojciech Murawiec, farmer, resident of the village of Sniadzka [Soniadzka?], 31 years of age, in the presence of Antoni Gorgol from the village of Sniadzka [Soniadzka?, 25, and Szymon [illegible], of the village of Mokrelyka [?], age 40, both farmers, and presented us with a female infant, declaring that she was born in the village of Soniadzka [?] on 14 February of the current year at 6:00 AM of his legal wife Maryanna nee Gorgol, age 26 years. At the rite of holy baptism concluded today, the child was given the name of ANTONINA. Godparents were Antoni Gorgol and Katarzyna Lapa. This act read to the illiterate and signed only by me. Acting rector of Kokrolyka [?] parish. Fr. Stanislaw Ulianowicz.

Ryszard, CJH

If we correlate (a) Ryszard’s deciphering and translation of Cyrillic above, N 51:

corresponding to the CJH’s request here:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24684#24684
with birth record in Cyrillic
left side:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/correctly_rotated_doc_711.png
righ side:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/img_102202004_0001_191.png
reconstructed by myself and attached below:
1884-birth-record-Antonina-Murawiec.jpg

and (b) Polish extract of birth typed and translated by myself here:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24712#24712

then we may recover the correct original.

In Polish excerpt, we miss the date of record, age of both parents, witnesses and godparents, which I add in red from Ryszard's. I think the Cyrillic name of the witness Szymon could be Oleksiak/Oleksik or alike.

http://forum.polishorigins.com/files/antonina_birth_or_baptism_cert_300.png
SUMMARY:
DATE-of-ACT:EXCERPT-from-BIRTH-REGISTRY: 15 October 1932, Roman-Catholic parish in Mokrelipie, village Mokrelipie, community Sułów, county Zamość, voievodship Lublin, Republic of Poland
ACT-NUMBER: Nr 51, year 1884

DATE-of-ACT: 14 February 1884, 6 pm, in Mokrelipie
FATHER: Wojciech Murawiec [farmer, 31 years old, residing in the village Sąsiadka] [BIRTH-ESTIMATE: 1853]
MOTHER: Marjanna born Gorgol, spouse Morawiec [26 years old] [BIRTH-ESTIMATE: 1858]
KTO: Antonina Murawiec, born 14 February 1884 [6 am], village Sąsiadka
WITNESSES: Antoni Gorgol, from the village Sąsiadka, 25 years old, and Szymon [Oleksiak?] from the village Mokrelipie, 40 years old, both farmers
GODPARENTS: Antoni Gorgol and Katarzyna Łapa

ANNOTATION-on-the-ACT: Antonina Murawiec married Antoni Warchoł on 27 January 1903, in the church in Mokrelipie

==

Description:
 Filesize:  201.13 KB
 Viewed:  9883 Time(s)

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:21 am      Post subject:

Staripolak64 wrote:
For cjh234:

Hello,

I posted the translation of the obituary on November 24, and it is still up on the forum. The reproduction of the marriage certificate is very difficult for my old eyes to read, so please re-post, or if it is too large for the forum, you can send it to me directly at [email protected]. If that doesn't work, please let me know, and I will try again to translate what was posted.

Best regards,
Ryszard

Ryszard, CJH,

Please see my post few minutes ago on birth record, should be just above
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24722#24722

We have the similar possibility to recover the correct marriage records from 1903 with:
the 1903 marriage record in Cyrillic:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/img_102203317_0001_603.png
and the Polish excerpt from 1935:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24712#24712

In Polish excerpt we have correct family names and villages names, but are missing: ages of groom and bride, occupation and witnesses. Below completed, in red, with very few deciphering from Cyrillic:

http://forum.polishorigins.com/files/wedding_cedrt_554.png
SUMMARY:
DATE-of-ACT:EXCERPT-from-MARRIAGE-REGISTRY: 12 April 1935, Civil Vital Records Registry of the parish in Mokrelipie, county Zamość, voievodship Lublin, Republic of Poland
ACT-NUMBER: Nr 3, year 1903

MARRIAGE: 27 January 1903, 6 pm, in Mokrelipie
GROOM: Antoni Warchoł, young man, born and residing in Zawada, [28 years old] [BIRTH-ESTIMATE: 1874]
GROOM-PARENTS: son of Mikołaj and Anastazja born Pasieka, spouses Warchoł,
BRIDE: Antonina Murawiec, Miss, born and residing in Sąsiadka [18 years old] [BIRTH: 14 Feb 1884]
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of Wojciech and Marjanna born Gorgol, spouses Murawiec,
WITNESSES: Marcin Skwarek 38 years old, [поденщик = laborer] from Bodaczew, and Julian Wilczek 25 years old, staying with his father in Sąsiadka

==
cjh234

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:54 pm      Post subject: Translation Results - Thank you!!!!

Staripolak64 wrote:
For cjh234:

Hello,

Best regards,
Ryszard

Hi Ryszard,

I missed your post, my apologies. I now see where you and Elzbieta have posted responses regarding my two posts. So I understand these are the same documents just in different languages. This makes sense, as I believe that area was Russian occupied until 1919 or so. Thank you both for translating and filling in the blanks. This has really helped us expand the family tree to my great-grandparents.

-Curtis
e64martins

Replies: 114

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:27 pm      Post subject: Marriage Record Piotrkow Kujawski 1979

I would like to ask translation for this record to English, please.

Thank you so much,

Eliana

1879.Sobierajscy.??l.JPEG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.92 MB

1879.Sobierajscy.??l.JPEG

e64martins

Replies: 114

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:55 pm      Post subject: Death Record Jakub Marciniak Zdunska Wola, Lodzkie

I would Like to asked for translation to English, please.

Thank You very much!!

Eliana

Jacob Marciniak Death record .JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  900.1 KB

Jacob Marciniak Death record .JPG

hania16

Replies: 25

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:08 am      Post subject: Katarzyna Lasiewicka Glinka death cert #115

Please translate attached death certificate #115 1898
Thank you for your help.

Glinka 1898 (2).png
 Description:
Lasiewicka-Glinka
 Filesize:  1.44 MB

Glinka 1898 (2).png

Lyn1982

Replies: 96

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:43 am      Post subject: maluchnik birth records father frank

Thank you again for previous translations. Would please like the following births transcribed. Also need to know if father Franciznek has any middle name listed in any of the records and if so what it was.

edit: Thank you for Wladylaw Maluchnik birth translation. I have removed my request for marianna's birth as Elzbieta kindly translated it for me in my topic. I would still like Alexandra's birth translated if that's okay.

ALEXSANDRAMALUCHNIKFATHERFRANKBIRTHresized.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.45 MB

ALEXSANDRAMALUCHNIKFATHERFRANKBIRTHresized.png

WLADYSLAWAMALUCHNIKFATHERFRANKBIRTHresizedagain.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.93 MB

WLADYSLAWAMALUCHNIKFATHERFRANKBIRTHresizedagain.png

Last edited by Lyn1982 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
brymsza

Replies: 150

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:53 pm      Post subject: 1895 Warsaw Kazimierz Henryk

1895 Warsaw Kazimierz Henryk birth

Ryszard thanks in advance.

Best regards
Bob Rymsza

1895 Kazimierz Henryk birth Szymon and Jadwiga.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  176.76 KB

1895 Kazimierz Henryk birth Szymon and Jadwiga.JPG

brymsza

Replies: 150

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:54 pm      Post subject: 1897 Warsaw Lucjan Jan

Ryszard

This is Lucjan Jan

Thank you in advance

Best regards
Bob Rymsza

1897 Warsaw Lucjan Jan birth Szymon and Jadwiga.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  252.38 KB

1897 Warsaw Lucjan Jan birth  Szymon and Jadwiga.JPG

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 216, 217, 218 ... 236, 237, 238  Next Page 217 of 238

Jump to: