PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 280, 281, 282 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author

Replies: 114

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:04 pm      Post subject:

Many thanks for the two Forma translations, Elzbieta.
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:16 am      Post subject: Re: Franciszek Sawicki and Krystyna Kosztowna Marriage 1814

mestanton wrote:
Elzbieta,

Your recent translation of two Sawicki marriages from 1862 helped me to go back three more generations in my family. Thank you so very much.

Here is the Czernikowo parish marriage of Franciszek Sawicki and Krystyna Kosztowna from 1814 that I would like translated.

Marilyn

Marilyn,

Here is record of banns.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO277:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/franciszek_sawicki_krystyna_kosztowna_marriage_1814_199.jpg
BANNS: 22 January 1815, on Sunday, in the church in Czernikowo, at 12:00 noon
GROOM-to-BE: Franciszek Sawicki, young man, 22 years old, serving as a farmhand in the village Ossowka,
GROOM-to-BE-PARENTS: son of Michal and Maryanna, spouses Sawicki, farmers already passed away
BRIDE-to-BE: Krystyna Kosztowna, Miss, 21 years old, evolved,
BRIDE-to-BE-PARENTS: daughter of the late Mikolaj and [living] Teresa, spouses Kosztowny, farmers from the same village Ossowka
BANNS: again on 29 January 1815, on Sunday, in the church in Czernikowo, at 12:00 noon

Ossowka 34 // today Osówka
Roku 1815, dnia 22 stycznia, w niedziele. My proboszcz parafii Czernikowskiej, jak wyzej, o godzinie 12 w poludnie, donieslismy i oglosilismy publicznie w kosciele po pierwszy raz, iz zaszlo przyrzeczenie malzenstwa miedzy Franciszkiem Sawickim, kawalerem, lat 22 majacym, sluzacym za parobka w wsi Ossowce, synem Michala i Maryanny Sawickich, wloscianow juz zmarlych z jednej; a Krystyna Kosztowna, panna lat 21 skonczonych majaca, corka Mikolaja juz zmarlego i Teresy Kosztownych, wloscianow z tejze wsi Ossowki, z drugiej strony. Ktore to zapowiedzi, po przeczytaniu onych glosno i wyraznie, przybite na drzwiach gminnych zostaly, a w niedziele nastepujaca, to jest dnia 29 stycznia o godzinie 12 w poludnie, powtornie w kosciele ogloszone. Czego akt spisalismy. Xsiadz Walenty Zawadzki, proboszcz Czernikowski i urzednik cywilny

Translated:

Year 1815, 22 January, on Sunday. We, pastor in Czernikowo, [date] as above, at 12:00 noon, reported and announced publicly in the church, for the first time, that the promise marriage between Franciszek Sawicki, young man, 22 years old, serving as a farmhand in the village Ossowka, son of Michal and Maryanna, spouses Sawicki, farmers already passed away, one side; and Krystyna Kosztowna, Miss, 21 years old, evolved, daughter of the late Mikolaj and [living] Teresa, spouses Kosztowny, farmers from the same village Ossowka, on the other side. These banns, after being read loudly and clearly, were nailed on the doors of our community [building], and the following Sunday, it is 29 January at 12 noon, again in the church announced. What we wrote down in this act. Priest Walenty Zawadzki, pastor in Czernikowo and officer of Civil Vital Records Registry

==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:18 am      Post subject: Re: Wawrzeniec Sawicki and Józefa Rutkowska Marriage 1840

mestanton wrote:
Please translate this Czernikowo parish marriage of my ancestors.

Much appreciated,

Marilyn

Marilyn,

Here is the marriage record.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO277:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/wawrzeniec_sawicki_jzefa_rutkowska_marriage_1840jpg_121.jpg
MARRIAGE: /27 October/8 November/ - 8 November 1840, at 1 pm, in the village Czernikowo
GROOM: Wawrzeniec Sawicki, young man, residing in the family house on the farm, and born in the same village [Ossowka], 21 years old
GROOM-PARENTS: son of Franciszek and Krystyna born Kosztowna, spouses Sawicki, farmers in the village Ossowka, [both fathers already passed away]
BRIDE: Miss Jozefa Rutkowska, residing in the family house [in Ossowka], born in the village Brzeźno, 19 years old
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of Bartlomiej and Maryanna born Lewandowska, spouses Rutkowski, farmers in the village Ossowka, [both fathers already passed away]
CHILD: the son named Mikolaj, born and baptized in November 1839, and recorded in the local book of records with baptisms, from the single mother above mentioned Jozefa Rutkowska, of which the father is today married groom, named Wawrzeniec Sawicki
WITNESSES: Woyciech Kreczmer, gardener from the village Ossowka, 33 years old, and Stanislaw Kacprzycki, fisherman from Zgoda, 28 years old
BANNS: /29 September, 6 and 13 October/11, 18, 25 October/ - 11, 18, 25 October 1840, in the parish Czernikowo

Ossowka 15 // today Osówka
Dzialo sie w wsi Czernikowie dnia /27 pazdziernika/8 listopada/ 1840 roku, o godzinie 1 po poludniu. Wiadomo czynimy iz w przytomnosci swiadkow Woyciecha Kreczmera, ogrodnika z wsi Ossowki, lat 33, i Stanislawa Kacprzyckiego, rybaka ze Zgody, lat 28 majacych, na dniu dzisiejszym zawarte zostalo religijne malzenstwo miedzy Wawrzencem Sawickim, mlodzianem, synem Franciszka i Krystyny z Kosztownych, malzonkow Sawickich, rolnikow w wsi Ossowce, w domu rodzicielskim na gospodarstwie zamieszkalym, i urodzonym w tejze wsi, lat 21 majacym.
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/wawrzyniec_sawicki_jzefa_rutkowska_marriage_1840_p2_121.jpg
a panna Jozefa Rutkowska, corka Bartlomieja i Maryanny z Lewandowskich malzonkow Rutkowskich, gospodarzy w wsi Ossowce, w domu rodzicielskim zostajaca, urodzona w wsi Brzeźnie, lat 19 majaca. Malzenstwo to poprzedzily trzy zapowiedzi w dniach /29 wrzesnia, 6 i 13 pazdziernika/11, 18, 25 pazdziernika/ roku biezacego w parafii Czernikowskiej, jako tez zezwolenie ustne obecnie stawajacych matek obojga nowozaslubionych, gdyz ojcowie odumarli. Tamowanie malzenstwa nie zaszlo. Malzonkowie nowi oswiadczaja, iz nie zawarli umowy przedslubnej, zeznaja zas iz splodzili ze soba syna imieniem Mikolaja, urodzonego i ochrzczonego w miesiacu listopadzie roku zeszlego, a zapisanego w aktach tutejszych przy chrzcie z samej tylko matki wzwyz wyrazonej Jozefy Rutkowskiej, ktorego jest ojcem dzis zaslubiony wzmiankowany Wawrzeniec Sawicki. Akt ten stawajacym i swiadkom przeczytany, pisac nie umieja, przez nas tylko podpisany. Xsiadz Walenty Zawadzki, Dziekan Lipnoski, Proboszcz Czernikowski

Translated:

It happened in the village Czernikowo, on the day /27 October/8 November/ 1840, at 1 pm. We make it known that in the consciousness of witnesses Woyciech Kreczmer, gardener from the village Ossowka, 33 years old, and Stanislaw Kacprzycki, fisherman from Zgoda, 28 years old, today has been concluded religious marriage between Wawrzeniec Sawicki, young man, son of Franciszek and Krystyna born Kosztowna, spouses Sawicki, farmers in the village Ossowka, residing in the family house on the farm, and born in the same village, 21 years old,
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/wawrzyniec_sawicki_jzefa_rutkowska_marriage_1840_p2_121.jpg
and Miss Jozefa Rutkowska, daughter of Bartlomiej and Maryanna born Lewandowska, spouses Rutkowski, farmers in the village Ossowka, residing in the family house, born in the village Brzeźno, 19 years old. This marriage was preceded by three announcements on the days /29 September, 6 and 13 October/11, 18, 25 October/ current year, in the parish Czernikowo, as also an oral permission from both mothers of the standing groom and bride, because both fathers already passed away. No opposition to the marriage had happened. The new spouses declare that they have not entered into a prenuptial agreement, but they testify that they fathered one with another the son named Mikolaj, who was born and baptized in the month of November of last year, and recorded in the local book of records with baptisms, from the single mother above mentioned Jozefa Rutkowska, of which the father is today married groom, named Wawrzeniec Sawicki. This act was read to the present and witnesses, they do not know how to write, we just signed. Priest Walenty Zawadzki, Dean of Lipno, Pastor in Czernikowo

==
efc3011

Replies: 51

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:22 am      Post subject:

Elzbieta,
Thank you for your very kind translation of the birth record of Joannes Schab, illegitimate son of Michael Szawara and widow Xenia Ferenz Schab. Subsequently found records indicate that Michael Szawara later married Xenia, and together they had at least 4 more children!

Take care,
Elaine
Send e-mail
mestanton

Replies: 212

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:37 am      Post subject: Re: Franciszek Sawicki and Krystyna Kosztowna Marriage 1814

Elzbieta, thank you for translating the record of banns. This is the first kind of record for me to see with the banns nailed to the doors. I hope to find the actual marriage record that might give the places of birth.

Marilyn

Here is record of banns.

==

==PO277:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/franciszek_sawicki_krystyna_kosztowna_marriage_1814_199.jpg
BANNS: 22 January 1815, on Sunday, in the church in Czernikowo, at 12:00 noon
GROOM-to-BE: Franciszek Sawicki, young man, 22 years old, serving as a farmhand in the village Ossowka,
GROOM-to-BE-PARENTS: son of Michal and Maryanna, spouses Sawicki, farmers already passed away
BRIDE-to-BE: Krystyna Kosztowna, Miss, 21 years old, evolved,
BRIDE-to-BE-PARENTS: daughter of the late Mikolaj and [living] Teresa, spouses Kosztowny, farmers from the same village Ossowka
BANNS: again on 29 January 1815, on Sunday, in the church in Czernikowo, at 12:00 noon

Ossowka 34 // today Osówka
Roku 1815, dnia 22 stycznia, w niedziele. My proboszcz parafii Czernikowskiej, jak wyzej, o godzinie 12 w poludnie, donieslismy i oglosilismy publicznie w kosciele po pierwszy raz, iz zaszlo przyrzeczenie malzenstwa miedzy Franciszkiem Sawickim, kawalerem, lat 22 majacym, sluzacym za parobka w wsi Ossowce, synem Michala i Maryanny Sawickich, wloscianow juz zmarlych z jednej; a Krystyna Kosztowna, panna lat 21 skonczonych majaca, corka Mikolaja juz zmarlego i Teresy Kosztownych, wloscianow z tejze wsi Ossowki, z drugiej strony. Ktore to zapowiedzi, po przeczytaniu onych glosno i wyraznie, przybite na drzwiach gminnych zostaly, a w niedziele nastepujaca, to jest dnia 29 stycznia o godzinie 12 w poludnie, powtornie w kosciele ogloszone. Czego akt spisalismy. Xsiadz Walenty Zawadzki, proboszcz Czernikowski i urzednik cywilny

Translated:

Year 1815, 22 January, on Sunday. We, pastor in Czernikowo, [date] as above, at 12:00 noon, reported and announced publicly in the church, for the first time, that the promise marriage between Franciszek Sawicki, young man, 22 years old, serving as a farmhand in the village Ossowka, son of Michal and Maryanna, spouses Sawicki, farmers already passed away, one side; and Krystyna Kosztowna, Miss, 21 years old, evolved, daughter of the late Mikolaj and [living] Teresa, spouses Kosztowny, farmers from the same village Ossowka, on the other side. These banns, after being read loudly and clearly, were nailed on the doors of our community [building], and the following Sunday, it is 29 January at 12 noon, again in the church announced. What we wrote down in this act. Priest Walenty Zawadzki, pastor in Czernikowo and officer of Civil Vital Records Registry

==[/quote]
mestanton

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:45 am      Post subject: Re: Wawrzeniec Sawicki and Józefa Rutkowska Marriage 1840

Thank you, Elzbieta, for translating the wealth of surprising details in this marriage record. Now I know to look for the birth of Józefa in Kikół parish. Your assistance is a treasure.

Marilyn

==PO277:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/wawrzeniec_sawicki_jzefa_rutkowska_marriage_1840jpg_121.jpg
MARRIAGE: /27 October/8 November/ - 8 November 1840, at 1 pm, in the village Czernikowo
GROOM: Wawrzeniec Sawicki, young man, residing in the family house on the farm, and born in the same village [Ossowka], 21 years old
GROOM-PARENTS: son of Franciszek and Krystyna born Kosztowna, spouses Sawicki, farmers in the village Ossowka, [both fathers already passed away]
BRIDE: Miss Jozefa Rutkowska, residing in the family house [in Ossowka], born in the village Brzeźno, 19 years old
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of Bartlomiej and Maryanna born Lewandowska, spouses Rutkowski, farmers in the village Ossowka, [both fathers already passed away]
CHILD: the son named Mikolaj, born and baptized in November 1839, and recorded in the local book of records with baptisms, from the single mother above mentioned Jozefa Rutkowska, of which the father is today married groom, named Wawrzeniec Sawicki
WITNESSES: Woyciech Kreczmer, gardener from the village Ossowka, 33 years old, and Stanislaw Kacprzycki, fisherman from Zgoda, 28 years old
BANNS: /29 September, 6 and 13 October/11, 18, 25 October/ - 11, 18, 25 October 1840, in the parish Czernikowo

Ossowka 15 // today Osówka
Dzialo sie w wsi Czernikowie dnia /27 pazdziernika/8 listopada/ 1840 roku, o godzinie 1 po poludniu. Wiadomo czynimy iz w przytomnosci swiadkow Woyciecha Kreczmera, ogrodnika z wsi Ossowki, lat 33, i Stanislawa Kacprzyckiego, rybaka ze Zgody, lat 28 majacych, na dniu dzisiejszym zawarte zostalo religijne malzenstwo miedzy Wawrzencem Sawickim, mlodzianem, synem Franciszka i Krystyny z Kosztownych, malzonkow Sawickich, rolnikow w wsi Ossowce, w domu rodzicielskim na gospodarstwie zamieszkalym, i urodzonym w tejze wsi, lat 21 majacym.
a panna Jozefa Rutkowska, corka Bartlomieja i Maryanny z Lewandowskich malzonkow Rutkowskich, gospodarzy w wsi Ossowce, w domu rodzicielskim zostajaca, urodzona w wsi Brzeźnie, lat 19 majaca. Malzenstwo to poprzedzily trzy zapowiedzi w dniach /29 wrzesnia, 6 i 13 pazdziernika/11, 18, 25 pazdziernika/ roku biezacego w parafii Czernikowskiej, jako tez zezwolenie ustne obecnie stawajacych matek obojga nowozaslubionych, gdyz ojcowie odumarli. Tamowanie malzenstwa nie zaszlo. Malzonkowie nowi oswiadczaja, iz nie zawarli umowy przedslubnej, zeznaja zas iz splodzili ze soba syna imieniem Mikolaja, urodzonego i ochrzczonego w miesiacu listopadzie roku zeszlego, a zapisanego w aktach tutejszych przy chrzcie z samej tylko matki wzwyz wyrazonej Jozefy Rutkowskiej, ktorego jest ojcem dzis zaslubiony wzmiankowany Wawrzeniec Sawicki. Akt ten stawajacym i swiadkom przeczytany, pisac nie umieja, przez nas tylko podpisany. Xsiadz Walenty Zawadzki, Dziekan Lipnoski, Proboszcz Czernikowski

Translated:

It happened in the village Czernikowo, on the day /27 October/8 November/ 1840, at 1 pm. We make it known that in the consciousness of witnesses Woyciech Kreczmer, gardener from the village Ossowka, 33 years old, and Stanislaw Kacprzycki, fisherman from Zgoda, 28 years old, today has been concluded religious marriage between Wawrzeniec Sawicki, young man, son of Franciszek and Krystyna born Kosztowna, spouses Sawicki, farmers in the village Ossowka, residing in the family house on the farm, and born in the same village, 21 years old,
and Miss Jozefa Rutkowska, daughter of Bartlomiej and Maryanna born Lewandowska, spouses Rutkowski, farmers in the village Ossowka, residing in the family house, born in the village Brzeźno, 19 years old. This marriage was preceded by three announcements on the days /29 September, 6 and 13 October/11, 18, 25 October/ current year, in the parish Czernikowo, as also an oral permission from both mothers of the standing groom and bride, because both fathers already passed away. No opposition to the marriage had happened. The new spouses declare that they have not entered into a prenuptial agreement, but they testify that they fathered one with another the son named Mikolaj, who was born and baptized in the month of November of last year, and recorded in the local book of records with baptisms, from the single mother above mentioned Jozefa Rutkowska, of which the father is today married groom, named Wawrzeniec Sawicki. This act was read to the present and witnesses, they do not know how to write, we just signed. Priest Walenty Zawadzki, Dean of Lipno, Pastor in Czernikowo

==[/quote]
rrocca

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:25 am      Post subject:

Hello all. This is my first post to this forum. I am trying to help my wife's family find out about their roots. The surname is Gardocki, from Zalesie.

If someone could be so kind as to translate the following, which I believe to be the marriage certificate of Wojciech Dominik Gardocki to Katarzyna Karwowska...

http://www.r1b.org/docs/Gardocki_Wojciech_Dominik_Marriage_Certificate_01.jpg

Thanks, Rich
Johanna

Replies: 47

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:21 am      Post subject:

Hello Elzbieta,
in the attachment marriage of Michael Dobslaw from 1825.
It is hard to decipher. Would you please be so kind and translate?
Most important for me are names , ages, places and professions.
Thank you very much!
Johanna

Hochzeit Michael Dotzlaw 1825 kurz.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.74 MB
 Viewed:  8371 Time(s)

Hochzeit Michael Dotzlaw 1825 kurz.jpg

mestanton

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:03 pm      Post subject: Franciszek Sawicki and Krystyna Kosztowna Marriage 1814

Elzbieta,

Now I think I have the 1814 marriage record of ancestors Franciszek Sawicki and Krystyna Kosztowna from Czernikowo parish. I am looking forward to your deciphering of the place of origin of Franciszek.

Marilyn

Franciszek_Sawicki_Krystyna_Kosztowna Marriage 1814jpg.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.82 MB

Franciszek_Sawicki_Krystyna_Kosztowna Marriage 1814jpg.jpg

Franciszek_Sawicki_Krystyna_ Kosztowna Marriage 1814 p.2jpg.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.39 MB

Franciszek_Sawicki_Krystyna_ Kosztowna Marriage 1814 p.2jpg.jpg

czaplicki

Replies: 49

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:39 pm      Post subject:

Elżbeata, thank you. You're wonderful and generous. Here is another 2nd great grandparents of mine. The hand writing is a little rough. Could you please give it a go?
Conrad Czaplicki

thumb_M-Onufry CZ Franciszka CHMIE KM 1816-28a_1024.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.02 KB

thumb_M-Onufry CZ Franciszka CHMIE KM 1816-28a_1024.jpg

thumb_M-Onufry CZ Franciszka CHMIE KM 1816-28b_1024.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  330.07 KB

thumb_M-Onufry CZ Franciszka CHMIE KM 1816-28b_1024.jpg

Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:24 pm      Post subject:

rrocca wrote:
Hello all. This is my first post to this forum. I am trying to help my wife's family find out about their roots. The surname is Gardocki, from Zalesie.

If someone could be so kind as to translate the following, which I believe to be the marriage certificate of Wojciech Dominik Gardocki to Katarzyna Karwowska...

Thanks, Rich

Rich,

Here it is.
Best,

Elzbieta
==

==PO277:
MARRIAGE: 14 February 1836, at 1 pm, in the city Wąsosz
GROOM: Woyciech Dominik Gardocki, young man, born in Gardoty parish Romany, farmer in this village [Gardoty] staying with his parents so far, 19 years old
GROOM-PARENTS: son of Karol and Katarzyna born Karwowska, spouses Gardocki, nobles,
BRIDE: Katarzyna Zalewska, widow of Piotr Zalewski, died 17 day [NOTE1] of the last year, born in Zalesie, residing in this village [Zalesie] on the farm, 30 years old
BRIDE-WIDOW: widow of Piotr Zalewski, died 17 day [NOTE1] of the last year,
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of the late Mateusz and living Jadwiga born Danowska, spouses Zalewski, nobles,
WITNESSES: Franciszek Zalewski, brother of the stated below widow, 30 years old, and Jan Zalewski, 22 years old, cousin of that widow, nobles, residing in Zalesie parish Wąsosz
BANNS: 31 January [of the past month], 2 and 7 February [of the current month] 1836, in both parishes Wąsosz and Romany
NOTE1: only the day of death is stated - 17 -, no month, no year; maybe 17 February 1835, one year before?
NOTE2: geography
Szczuczyn,+Poland/Zalesie,+Powiat+grajewski,+Poland/Wąsosz,+Poland/Romany,+Powiat+kolneński,+Poland/Gardoty,+Poland

Zalesie N 22
Dzialo sie w miescie Wąsoszu dnia 14 lutego 1836 roku, o godzinie 1 po poludniu. Wiadomo czynimy, ze w przytomnosci swiadkow Franciszka Zalewskiego, brata rodzonego nizej wyrazonej wdowy, lat 30, i Jana Zalewskiego, lat 22 majacych, drugiego brata stryjecznego tejze wdowy, szlachty, w Zalesiu parafii Wąsoskiej zamieszkalych, na dniu dzisiejszym zawarte zostalo religijne malzenstwo miedzy Woyciechem Dominikiem Gardockim, mlodzianem, urodzonym w Gardotach parafii Romańskiej, z Karola i Katarzyny z Karwowskich malzonkow Gardockich, szlachty, rolnikiem w tejze wsi przy rodzicach ? dotad, lat 19 majacym; a Katarzyna Zalewska, wdowa po Piotrze Zalewskim, dnia 17 zeszlego roku zmarlym pozostala, urodzona w Zalesiu z niegdy Mateusza i zyjacej Jadwigi z Danowskich malzonkow Zalewskich, szlachty, w tejze wsi na gospodarstwie zamieszkala, lat 30 liczaca. Malzenstwo to poprzedzily trzy zapowiedzie w dniach 31 zeszlego, 2 i 7 biezacego miesiaca i roku, w obu parafiach Wąsockiej i Romańskiej, jako tez zezwolenie ustne obecnych aktowi malzenstwa rodzicow kawalera. Tamowanie malzenstwa nie zaszlo. Malzonkowie nowi oswiadczaja, iz zawarli urzedowa umowe dnia 8 tegoz miesiaca przed W. Chrostowskim, regentem w Szczuczynie. Akt ten stawajacym i swiadkom przeczytany ...

Translated:

It happened in the city Wąsosz on 14 February 1836, at 1 pm. We make it known that in the consciousness of witnesses Franciszek Zalewski, brother of the stated below widow, 30 years old, and Jan Zalewski, 22 years old, cousin of that widow, nobles, residing in Zalesie parish Wąsosz, today has been concluded religious marriage between Woyciech Dominik Gardocki, young man, born in Gardoty parish Romany, son of Karol and Katarzyna born Karwowska, spouses Gardocki, nobles, farmer in this village staying with his parents so far, 19 years old; and Katarzyna Zalewska, widow of Piotr Zalewski, died 17 day [NOTE1] of the last year, born in Zalesie, daughter of the late Mateusz and living Jadwiga born Danowska, spouses Zalewski, nobles, residing in this village on the farm, 30 years old. This marriage was preceded by three announcements on the days: 31 of the past month, 2 and 7 of the current month and year, in both parishes Wąsosz and Romany, as also an oral permission from the groom’s parents present to the act of marriage. No opposition to the marriage had happened. The new spouses declare that they have entered into an agreement on the 8 day of the current month, before W. Chrostowski, regent in Szczuczyn. This act was read to the present and witnesses ...

==
rrocca

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:11 pm      Post subject:

Elzbieta Porteneuve wrote:

Here it is.
Best,

Elzbieta
==

Thank you so much Elzbieta. In two different document Wojciech Gardocki's signature appears with what looks like the initials "w.r." at the end... do you know what that may mean?
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:39 am      Post subject:

rrocca wrote:
Elzbieta Porteneuve wrote:

Here it is.
Best,

Elzbieta
==

Thank you so much Elzbieta. In two different document Wojciech Gardocki's signature appears with what looks like the initials "w.r." at the end... do you know what that may mean?

Rich,

No, I do not know what means w.r.
But I do know that there are zillions of Polish abbreviations, depending on context, due to Polish (Slavic) language properties related to suffixes and prefixes - you can cut all the tail, and 2-3-4 letters will became obvious abbreviation in a given context.

Please see an example of abbreviations used in the old Polish geography book
http://dir.icm.edu.pl/Slownik_geograficzny/Tom_I/13
http://dir.icm.edu.pl/Slownik_geograficzny/Tom_I/14

In addition, see (in Polish) an article about terminology used between nobles (whatever that means) and peasants or townsmen:
http://www.kujawskaszlachta.pl/sarmacki_savoir_vivre.html

When searching on that issue, I found very interesting book with statistical information about nobility over time in 19 century (in Polish):
http://otworzksiazke.pl/images/ksiazki/deklasacja_drobnej_szlachty_na_litwie_i_bialorusi_w_XIX_wieku/deklasacja_drobnej_szlachty_na_litwie_i_bialorusi_w_XIX_wieku.pdf

Best,
Elzbieta
rrocca

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:04 pm      Post subject:

Thanks Elzbieta, I could not find anything meaningful either on those initials.
The same initials show up when he signs his son Franciszek's birth certificate.
If you could so kind as to translate it as well?....

http://www.r1b.org/docs/Franciszek_Gardocki_Birth_Certificate_01.jpg
Helli
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 289

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:11 pm      Post subject:

Hi Elzbieta,

today I found 3 more birth records which belong to my „Lange“ family. Would you please translate them for me. The pastor ‘s handwriting is very hard (for me) to read.
Also,I think the name of the town is Studzianki, where Jan F.W. Lange was also born.
I truly appreciate your help!
Here is the first record - 1840 # 155

Helli

B- W. Lange 1840# 155.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  219.24 KB

B- W. Lange 1840# 155.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 280, 281, 282 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 281 of 580

Jump to: