PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 309, 310, 311 ... 579, 580, 581  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:56 pm      Post subject: Re: ORACZ

zack wrote:
Thanks for everything. Very Happy
ZACK

Zack,

Here are 2 records.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO306:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/abram_oracz_139.jpg
6 Radoszyce
Dzialo sie w miescie Radoszycach dnia 31maja 1827 roku o godzinie 9 przed poludniem. Stawil sie Starozakonny Abram Oracz, bakalarz tu w Radoszycach zamieszkaly, lat 25 liczacy, w obecnosci swiadkow Starozakonnego Mortki Gancarskiego, lat 58, i Ankiela Wax, kramarza, lat 22 liczacego, tu w Radoszycach zamieszkalych, i okazal nam dziecie plci meskiej urodzone tu w Radoszycach, na dniu 24 maja roku biezacego o godzinie 2 z rana, z malzonki jego Yaile? Oraczowej lat 24 liczacej, ktoremu przy obrzezaniu nadane zostaly imiona Szmul Oracz. Akt ten stawajacym i swiadkom przeczytany, i przez ojca wraz z swiadkami podpisany zostal.
Abram Oracz (in Hebrew)
znaczy Mortka Gancarski (in Hebrew)
znaczy Ankiel Wax (in Henrew)
Wincenty Bienkowski utrzymujacy Akta Stanu Cywilnego

Translated:

It happened in the city Radoszyce on 31 May 1827 years at 9 am. Appeared [Starozakonny] Abram Oracz, [bakalarz = jokingly about the teaching profession] residing here in Radoszyce, 25 years old, in the presence of witnesses [Starozakonny] Mortka Gancarski, 58, and Ankiel Wax, shopkeeper, 22, residing here in Radoszyce, and presented to us a male child born here in Radoszyce, on 24 May of the current year at 2 am, with his wife Yajla? Oracz, 24 years old, to whom at the circumcision were given names Szmul Oracz. This act was read to the presents and witnesses, and by the father, along with the witnesses was signed.
Wincenty Bienkowski, maintaining Civil Vital Records Registry

==PO306:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/___125.jpg
N4 Bencyan Oracz i Sura Bernisiak? z miasta Ilzy
DATE-of-ACT: / 7/19 / - 19 March 1858, in the city Iłża
WITNESS-RABBI-declaring-religious-marriage: [Starozakonny] old religious Joel Cwajgiel, deputy Rabbi
MARRIAGE: / 7/19 / - 19 March 1858, in the city Iłża
GROOM: [Starozakonny] Bencyan Oracz, young man, 21 years old, so far staying with his parents in the city Iłża
GROOM-PARENTS: son of Jankiel and Nycha spouses Oracz, making their living from trade of fabrics,
BRIDE: Sura Bernisiak, Miss, 20 years old, residing so far in the city Iłża
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of the late Berek and living Laja, spouses Bernisiak,
WITNESSES: [Starozakonny] Tawii Frydman, teacher, 49, and Mosiek Samet, bookbinder, 28, residing in the city Iłża
BANNS: 6, 13 and 20 February 1858, in the local synagogue

Dzialo sie w miescie Ilzy dnia /7/19/ marca 1858 roku. Stawil sie Starozakonny Joel Cwajgel zastepca rabina, wraz z Starozakonnym Bencyan Oracz, kawalerem lat 21 majacym, synem Jankla i Nychy malzonkow Oraczow, z handlu tkanin lokciowych utrzymujacych sie, dotad przy rodzicach w miescie Ilzy zamieszkalym; i Sura Bernisiak, panna lat 20 liczaca, corka juz niezyjacego Berka i zyjacej Laj, malzonkow Bernisiakow, dotad w miescie Ilzy zamieszkala, w obecnosci rodzicow pana mlodego oraz matki panny mlodej, niemniej swiadkow Starozakonnych Tawii Frydman, szkolnika, lat 49, i Moska Samet, introligatora, lat 28 liczacych, w miescie Ilzy zamieszkalych, i oswiadczyl, ze przed nim na dniu dzisiejszym miedzy Bencyem Oraczem i Sura Bernisiak zawarte zostalo religijne malzenstwo, ze takowe poprzedzily trzy zapowiedzie, ktore ogloszone zostaly w Boznicy tutejszej, w dniach 6, 13 i 20 lutego roku biezacego, ze na to malzenstwo nastapilo zezwolenie ustne tu obecnych Bencyan Oracza i Sury Bernisiak, nowo zaslubionych, i ze tamowanie malzenstwa nie zaszlo. Malzonkowie nowi oswiadczyli przy tem iz zadnej umowy przedslubnej nie zawarli, oprocz zareczyn. Akt ten stawajacym i swiadkom przeczytany, i przez pana mlodego, ojca jego, swiadkow i nas podpisany zostal, inni stawajacy pisac nie umieja.
Nowozslubiony,
Znaczy Bencyon Oracz (in Hebrew) // groom
Ojciec Jenkiel Oracz (in Hebrew) // groom’s father
Swiadkowie // witnessess
Znaczy Tawie Frydman (in Hebrew)
Znaczy Mosiek Samet (in Hebrew)
Zastepca Rabina J.Cwajgiel // Deputy Rabbi
Burmistrz (illegible) // Mayor

Translated:

It happened in the city Iłża on the day / 7/19 / March 1858. Appeared in [Starozakonny] Joel Cwajgel deputy rabbi, along with [Starozakonny] Bencyan Oracz, young man, 21 years old, son of Jankiel and Nycha spouses Oracz, making their living from trade of fabrics, so far staying with his parents in the city Iłża; and Sura Bernisiak, Miss, 20 years old, daughter of the late Berek and living Laja, spouses Bernisiak, residing so far in the city Iłża, in the presence of the groom's parents, and the bride’s mother, and also witnesses [Starozakonny] Tawii Frydman, teacher, 49, and Mosiek Samet, bookbinder, 28, residing in the city Iłża, and declared that before him today between Bencyan Oracz and Sura Bernisiak have been concluded religious marriage, that it was preceded by three announcements made in the local synagogue, on 6, 13 and 20 February of the current year, that an oral permission to the marriage was stated by present here Bencyan Oracz and Sura Bernisiak, the newlywed, that no opposition to the marriage had happened. The new spouses stated that they did not concluded any prenuptial agreement, besides engagement. This act was read to the present and witnesses, and by the groom, his father, and witnesses was signed, others appearing parties do not know how to write.

==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:32 pm      Post subject: Next wagon: MEMO-01may2016

MEMO-01may2016

VACATION and CHANGES

It makes almost 3 years and half ago when I arrived on PO forum on 9 November 2012.

I was searching an information for my own tree, and found here nice and helpful people.

Initially I was observing and learning, and after a while I understood that I may also help others, and by doing so learn a lot. Learn that part of ordinary history of Europe that was missing in my education, not taught in any school program, neither mine in Poland, nor the one of my children in France.

All translations and information shared here on PO make a mine of gold and diamonds, but we do not have any software helping to count and analyze things. For example I do not know exactly how many records I typed and translated. Luckily, at the very beginning, I run into problem of broken connection, and I lost what I was typing directly “into forum” – an excellent lesson, since then I use text processing, and copy/paste it into forum. That does not mean I have an exact copy, because there is no way to synchronize a typo correction made to the forum with your local files, but still it is as good as possible. It permits estimate how many pages I typed in 3 years and half - I mean equivalent to paper pages, Letter in the US, A4 in Europe, with circa 2000 characters/per page.

4000 pages. 4 thousand pages: 40 cm high, almost 16 inches high.

4000 pages in 1200 days. On average 3.3 pages/day 7 days/week.

It is too much.

I do not know how to proceed to discard requests, and which ones. Arbitrary choices or all.

Anyway, too much is too much. One record is one hour time, and more for marriage. Quality means checking geography, etymology, and language. Without quality I am not interested.

Best,
Elzbieta

==
PAST MEMOs:
==
MEMO-31mar2016
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=26802#26802
==
MEMO-03apr2016
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=26849#26849
==
MEMO-10apr2016
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=26974#26974
==
MEMO-17apr2016
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27073#27073
==
MEMO-24apr2016
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27197#27197
==
ossnhughie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 354

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:18 pm      Post subject: Elzbieta thank you

Elzbieta,

Ican't begin to understand the burden of doing so many translations of polish records. You have risen far above all expectations, and I am forever grateful for all you have done for me. Iunderstand you have been particularly overburdened as of late, and I wish you a happy vacation. If there is anyway I can contribute to a paypal account for your services Iwill be more then glad to do it. Ialso apologize for floodingyour inbox with so manyrequests as of late.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for that.

Sincerely,

Hugh

Send e-mail
ilanf

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:59 am      Post subject:

Hi Everyone,

I have attached the next document of my grandfather\grandmother
Can anyone tell me what is this document? Is there any information about in what army unit he/she was?

Any clue will be appreciable.

Thanks,
Ilan Frumkin

File 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.94 MB
 Viewed:  13065 Time(s)

File 1.jpg

Last edited by ilanf on Fri May 06, 2016 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
adamsam

Replies: 73

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:20 am      Post subject: Polish records translations

Elzbieta, Thanking you so much for your previous translations, it has enabled me to document my families beginnings and share with my family. her is another of the Samelko family, I think it is in Polish; the death of Kazimierz. Again, thank you so much,
Adam Samelko

1857 Kazimierz Same??ko death (1).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.09 MB

1857 Kazimierz Same??ko death (1).jpg

starkey76

Replies: 164

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:11 pm      Post subject: Flanc

Hello,
I've tracked down my 5x GGfather Jan Flanc/Flanczewski and 4 of his children I think. 3 of which(Andrzej, Apolinar, and Marianna) I found through a marriage search on geneteka database of Flanc* and D*:

http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?rid=S&from_date=1811&to_date=1841&search_lastname=flanc&search_lastname2=&rpp1=50&bdm=S&w=07mz&op=gt&lang=pol

There are multiple variations of the mother's name, on which every record seems to be different: Dioniszczak, Dominizowna, Domiczak, Dionizy, Dyoniziak, Dyonizy, Dominin, etc.

I think I found a death record for Jan Flanc in 1813, and I also think I found his wife Marianna Dominin death in 1837. I was wondering if anyone could translate them to see what names might be derived.

The name Flanc doesn't appear before 1800 but 1 time, in 1794 a birth of Zusanna Flankiewicz to Jan and Marianna. Before then it appears to Flak? And maybe mingled with Jadaszewszczanka vel Flakowna, or Jadaszewski.
http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?rid=B&from_date=&to_date=1800&search_lastname=flakowna&search_lastname2=&rpp1=100&bdm=B&w=07mz&op=gt&lang=pol

I've tried searching forums for similar names, but the only time I've found it was here:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=19383&sid=d21b21f8c1cc6d53ac392a686ffc3191
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=22159&sid=afe1abf3327100a4479d757e0a4abe73
Thanks
John

Marianna Flanc death 1837 #55.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.35 MB

Marianna Flanc death 1837 #55.jpg

Jan Flanc death 1813 #68.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.18 MB

Jan Flanc death 1813 #68.jpg

Philip
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 117

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 5:04 am      Post subject:

Hi Elzbieta,

Exactly about what I wrote you already...
I found these death certificates both from Lublin, the first of Franciska Hamer and the other of Joz(?) Hamer. Can you translate them when you have time?

Thank you as always..

image.jpeg
 Description:
Joz(?) Hamer
 Filesize:  474.91 KB

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
 Description:
Franciszka Hamer
 Filesize:  184.26 KB

image.jpeg

sheep17

Replies: 123

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:50 am      Post subject: translation, please?

Found a possible record of great grandmother Maryanna Golebiewski's birth in Rogowo. Could it be translated, please?

Leonore

maryanna goleb.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  328.52 KB

maryanna goleb.jpg

Sandy

Replies: 19

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:27 pm      Post subject: Two Birth Records, Translation

Dear Elzbieta,

May I ask you to translate two more birth records, both from Lanieta Parish?
Thank you very much,

Sandy

anna_anyzewski_born-26-june-1847.jpg
 Description:
Anna Anyzewski
 Filesize:  344.28 KB

anna_anyzewski_born-26-june-1847.jpg

Malgorzata Anyzewski,born-20-June-1844 (1).jpg
 Description:
Malgorzata Anyzewski
 Filesize:  1.87 MB

Malgorzata Anyzewski,born-20-June-1844 (1).jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4190

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:45 am      Post subject: Re: translation, please?

sheep17 wrote:
Found a possible record of great grandmother Maryanna Golebiewski's birth in Rogowo. Could it be translated, please?

Leonore

do You have source link to this record?

PAYPAL: [email protected]
sheep17

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2016 6:29 pm      Post subject: source of record?

Hi,
The record is from Family Search - Film #531419 Rogowo/Sosnowo. Usually I can read the records myself,
but much of the handwriting on this one defeats me. I know it's 13 July 1841, the father is Wojciech Golebiewski -
age 2???. In much of what follows I can read only occasional words.
They are from Sosnowo. Someone, Katy Kominski? is 24, Jan Blasyski age ? is from Sosnowo. The child was born in Sosnowo in the morning 5 AM? to Maryanna Cichanow Golebiewski, age ? Again most I can't read - but the child was given the name Maryanna.
Someone is Kosminski, Katarzyna, something (the Act?) is unknown, and the priest is Jozef Czakart of Rogowo.

This was the clearest of several copies - do I need to try again?
Leonore
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:54 am      Post subject: Re: source of record?

sheep17 wrote:
Hi,
The record is from Family Search - Film #531419 Rogowo/Sosnowo. Usually I can read the records myself,
but much of the handwriting on this one defeats me. I know it's 13 July 1841, the father is Wojciech Golebiewski -
age 2???. In much of what follows I can read only occasional words.
They are from Sosnowo. Someone, Katy Kominski? is 24, Jan Blasyski age ? is from Sosnowo. The child was born in Sosnowo in the morning 5 AM? to Maryanna Cichanow Golebiewski, age ? Again most I can't read - but the child was given the name Maryanna.
Someone is Kosminski, Katarzyna, something (the Act?) is unknown, and the priest is Jozef Czakart of Rogowo.

This was the clearest of several copies - do I need to try again?
Leonore

Karol, Leonore,

Let me jump into your conversation. I am still trying to figure out how a "good" request should be, a shared effort.

Leonore, by explaining and by typing your text - you made it by order of magnitude easier to decipher by native Polish speaker, even with a record in bad shape.
The missing is geography: from which geographic area is that record?
The names of villages: Rogowo and Sosnowo are common, there are many homonyms. Rogowo is from róg=corner, Sosnowo from sosna=pine.
One (Rogowo, Sosnowo) is near Rypin, another (Rogowo, Sosnowo) is on the Baltic Sea, west of Kołobrzeg, beautiful white sand beach, let me think about New England. Etc.

Best,
Elzbieta

==PO310:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/maryanna_goleb_176.jpg
DATE-of-ACT: /13/25/ - 25 July 1841, at 9 am, in Rogowo
FATHER: Wojciech Gołębiewski, shepherd, 24 years old, from Sosnowo
MOTHER: Maryanna born CichoXXn, Gołębiewska, 19 years old, his wife
KTO: Maryanna Gołębiewska, born 23 July 1841, at 5 am, in Sosnowo
WITNESSES: Mikołaj Kośmiński, 24 years old, and Jan Błażejski, 50 years old, laborers from Sosnowo
GODPARENTS: Mikołaj Kośmiński and Katarzyna Baruska?

N63? Sosnowo
Dzialo sie w Rogowie dnia /13/25/ lipca 1841 roku o godzinie 9 z rana. Stawil sie Wojciech Gołębiewski, owczarz, lat 24 majacy, z Sosnowa, w obecnosci Mikolaja Kosminskiego lat 24 i Jana Blazejskiego lat 50 majacych, wyrobnikow z Sosnowa, i okazal nam dziecie plci zenskiej urodzone w Sosnowie dnia onegdajszego [onegdajszy= a day before yesterday] o godzinie 5 rano z jego malzonki Maryanny z CichoXXnow Gołębiewskiej, lat 19 majacej. Dziecieciu temu na chrzcie swietym w dniu dzisiejszym odbytym nadane zostalo imie Maryanna, a rodzicami jego chrzestnemi byli wspomniany Mikolaj Kosminski i Katarzyna Baruska?. Akt ten ...
Xsiadz Jozef Czekała, kommendarz Rogowski

==
sheep17

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:20 am      Post subject: Many thanks

Thank you, thank you, Elzbieta - Bardzo dziekuje! The Sosnowo record is from Rypin - I will have to remember to add that next time. Great grandfather Kazimierz Jerawski & great grandmother Maryanna Golebiewska raised their family in Rypin/Kowalki, but there was nothing in the children's birth records to show where the parents came from. I was in Rypin with Zenon five years ago, and I haven't been able to find a clue to where either parent was born until this record.

Leonore
ctamara

Replies: 74

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:18 pm      Post subject: Translation Russian Cyrillac

I hope I am submitting these correctly to be translated. Please inform. Thanks a mil. Carol Tamara ctamara

FELIKSA.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  876.38 KB

FELIKSA.png

Send e-mail
ctamara

Replies: 74

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:25 pm      Post subject: translation

please translate god bless carol

ROZMJKOL.1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.04 MB

ROZMJKOL.1.png

Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 309, 310, 311 ... 579, 580, 581  Next Page 310 of 581

Jump to: