PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 59

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:25 pm      Post subject: Baziak Archives

I just found out that my ancestors' records may be in the Baziak Archives in Krakow. Does anyone know if one can order records from there? I have looked at all the LDS films of their parish and those around it. In them, could not find the death record of my gr-grandmother. She is one of my dead ends. I know her parents' names from her marriage record which also listed her age. Just trying to look at all angles to find it and possibly go back further on her lline.
Thanks,
Mary
jhzs
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 33

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:59 pm      Post subject: Re: Baziak Archives

Hi,
Generally, all records from Baziak archives were copied by Mormons so if you do not find them in LDS then there are no records you are interested in Baziak archives as well. Please tell us what village/parish and what years you are interested and we will try to tell if and where the records could be.
Zbigniew

Mary Pate wrote:
I just found out that my ancestors' records may be in the Baziak Archives in Krakow. Does anyone know if one can order records from there? I have looked at all the LDS films of their parish and those around it. In them, could not find the death record of my gr-grandmother. She is one of my dead ends. I know her parents' names from her marriage record which also listed her age. Just trying to look at all angles to find it and possibly go back further on her lline.
Thanks,
Mary
Mary Pate

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:10 pm      Post subject: Basia Archives

In answer to your message, I am looking for Julianna (also in records as Julia and Helen) Rygiel Gnyp. She was my gr-grandmother, married my gr-grandfather, Joannes Gnyp on 17 July 1870 in the Grzymalow R.C. Church. Their home was listed as Hlibow. This is located in TOMUS 16, PAG 21. They lived in Hlibow the rest of their lives. All of their children were born in Hlibow. I have not looked at the Grzymalow Parish Death Record, only in the Grzymalow Parish Death Index, (LDS Film #2005245) which showed the marriage and death record book location. She died 23 July 1908 in Hlibow, TOMUS 32, PAG 15. I also have this death information hand written by my grandmother in their "Holy Book," whatever it was, don't think it would have been a bible. My cousin sent me copies of the pages that had family info. I have not looked at the LDS Film. When I was looking at the LDS films, don't think 1908 was available.
That is why I am wanting to find the church death record, possibly showing Julianna's place of birth. First Rygiel entries in the Grzymalow Parish Record Books show up around 1860. I know her birth date (1849) and names of her parents, Andreas Rygiel and Apollonia Tomkiewicz Rygiel from the Status Animarum, LDS Film #2005246.
Her mother, Apollonia Tomkiewicz Rygiel, of Hlibow, died in 1881, age 67, widow of Andreas.
That's pretty much what I know. I've scoured the Grzymalow records, also looked at Bucyki and Hlibow G.C. as well as Kaczanowka. That is why if I could find the actual birthplace maybe I could research her line further back.
Thanks so much for your help.
Mary
Mary Pate

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:11 pm      Post subject: Basia Archives

In answer to your message, I am looking for Julianna (also in records as Julia and Helen) Rygiel Gnyp. She was my gr-grandmother, married my gr-grandfather, Joannes Gnyp on 17 July 1870 in the Grzymalow R.C. Church. Their home was listed as Hlibow. This is located in TOMUS 16, PAG 21. They lived in Hlibow the rest of their lives. All of their children were born in Hlibow. I have not looked at the Grzymalow Parish Death Record, only in the Grzymalow Parish Death Index, (LDS Film #2005245) which showed the marriage and death record book location. She died 23 July 1908 in Hlibow, TOMUS 32, PAG 15. I also have this death information hand written by my grandmother in their "Holy Book," whatever it was, don't think it would have been a bible. My cousin sent me copies of the pages that had family info. I have not looked at the LDS Film. When I was looking at the LDS films, don't think 1908 was available.
That is why I am wanting to find the church death record, possibly showing Julianna's place of birth. First Rygiel entries in the Grzymalow Parish Record Books show up around 1860. I know her birth date (1849) and names of her parents, Andreas Rygiel and Apollonia Tomkiewicz Rygiel from the Status Animarum, LDS Film #2005246.
Her mother, Apollonia Tomkiewicz Rygiel, of Hlibow, died in 1881, age 67, widow of Andreas.
That's pretty much what I know. I've scoured the Grzymalow records, also looked at Bucyki and Hlibow G.C. as well as Kaczanowka. That is why if I could find the actual birthplace maybe I could research her line further back.
Mary
jhzs
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 33

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:52 pm      Post subject: Re: Basia Archives

Hi,
So both, death index and status animarum are from Baziak archives originally and they do not have more for Grzymałów then you can find through LDS. Death records you are interested in are in the archives of civil registry office in Warsaw
Urząd Stanu Cywilnego m. st. Warszawy. III Wydziału Rejestracji Stanu Cywilnego i Ksiąg Zabużańskich
00-987 Warszawa, ul. Kłopotowskiego 1/3
tel: (22) 443-12-75
email: [email protected]
They have deaths for 1902-1926, 1928-1937
But, I actually doubt her birth place would be listed there. I would expect it in Status Animarum rather so it is a shame it is not there or at least in her marriage (lack of that information in marriage and the fact they were married in Grzymałów parish suggests she was from this parish at least (and most propably from Hlibów). I understand you have checked birth records around 1849?
Zbigniew

Mary Pate wrote:
Mary
Mary Pate

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:16 pm      Post subject:

Thank you again for more information. Yes, nothing around 1849 shows Julianna Rygiel's birth/baptism in Grzymalow. I have connected two brothers to her, mayber one more. I will inquire to the archives in Warsaw. I see you gave me an e-mail address. Do they read English written notes or is it better to write in Polish language, even though poor? Maybe I'll be lucky.
Mary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: