PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 330, 331, 332 ... 579, 580, 581  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 291

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:21 pm      Post subject:

Johanna wrote:
Hi Valerie,
would you please be so kind and translate the attached file (birth of Rozyna Dobslaf).
Thank you very much in advance
Johanna

Hi Johanna,

#14. Ośnica Kępa (clump/cluster)
Date of record: 20 August 1822, 4:00 p.m.
Father: Krystian Docław, peasant, age 23, residing on the farm in Ośnica Kępa
Child: a female child which was born at his house at #1 on the 16th of this month and year at 9:00 p.m., named Rozalia
Mother: Elżbieta nee Tybus/Tybera?, age 21
Witnesses: Wojciech Rossol, age 27, residing in Tokarska Kępa, and Jakub Szafryk, age 42, residing in Troszyn, district Gostyń, both peasant farmers, friends of the parents of the child
Signed: Father Antoni Baliński, curate of Imielinicka (parish), assistance civil registrar

Valerie
fathercharles
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 12

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:30 pm      Post subject: Kalski Translation - Polish or Russian

Is there anyone who can do some translation for me? The attached record #24 is one that I wish to have translated. I have others if anyone is interested.

Jan Kalski #24.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  156.26 KB
 Viewed:  12209 Time(s)

Jan Kalski #24.jpg

Fr. Charles
BobJan
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 93

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:32 pm      Post subject: One more marriage please

Could I get another marriage translation please
I can actually figure out almost all of this one for the daughter of the man you just translated, which by the way, thank you very much for that. I cannot quite understand what the actual marriage date is. Also cannot read the two margins notes and the last two sentences though I imagine the next to last sentence is about nailing a copy of this document on the door of the home town church or registrar of the wife.

Wroblewski, Scholastyka and Antoni Wroblewski marriage original.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.02 MB
 Viewed:  12209 Time(s)

Wroblewski, Scholastyka and Antoni Wroblewski marriage original.jpg

vbstar2010

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:38 pm      Post subject: Re: One more marriage please

BobJan wrote:
I can actually figure out almost all of this one for the daughter of the man you just translated, which by the way, thank you very much for that. I cannot quite understand what the actual marriage date is. Also cannot read the two margins notes and the last two sentences though I imagine the next to last sentence is about nailing a copy of this document on the door of the home town church or registrar of the wife.

This is actually a premarital or wedding announcement rather than the actual marriage record.

The margin notations refer to the text that is crossed out in the announcement so basically indicating in the first notation that the two words written in on top of the three words which have been crossed out replace them and then signed by the pastor. So the date of the first announcement was 14 April 1815. Again for the second margin notation, it indicates that the one word written in replaces the one word crossed out and then signed by the pastor. The date of the second announcement was on the 21st. You should be able to locate a marriage record most likely dated 28 April.

The last two lines of a wedding announcement typically standard and read as follows. "After this announcement had been read, it was nailed to the door of the District House. We drew up a record of this." Then signed by the pastor.
Johanna

Replies: 47

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:10 am      Post subject:

Thank you very much Valerie,
the name of the mother: Tybus/Tybera. Could it be Tews, in polish pronunciation? In my tree I have Kristian Dobslaff and Elisabeth Tews.
regards
Johanna
BobJan
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:58 am      Post subject: Re: One more marriage please

vbstar2010 wrote:
BobJan wrote:

This is actually a premarital or wedding announcement rather than the actual marriage record.

The margin notations refer to the text that is crossed out in the announcement so basically indicating in the first notation that the two words written in on top of the three words which have been crossed out replace them and then signed by the pastor. So the date of the first announcement was 14 April 1815. Again for the second margin notation, it indicates that the one word written in replaces the one word crossed out and then signed by the pastor. The date of the second announcement was on the 21st. You should be able to locate a marriage record most likely dated 28 April.

The last two lines of a wedding announcement typically standard and read as follows. "After this announcement had been read, it was nailed to the door of the District House. We drew up a record of this." Then signed by the pastor.

Thanx again. No wonder I couldn't find the marriage date and the record didn't make complete sense to me. That is a total surprise that they have recorded these announcements in the same book as the weddings. I have not seen that before and now know to watch out for it. I have to now check all my copies from that time frame
vbstar2010

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:21 am      Post subject:

Johanna wrote:
Thank you very much Valerie,
the name of the mother: Tybus/Tybera. Could it be Tews, in polish pronunciation? In my tree I have Kristian Dobslaff and Elisabeth Tews.
regards
Johanna

Hi Johanna,

In most instances, as the declarants were illiterate, spelling was left to the pastor/civil registrar recording the information and therefore spelling of surnames, etc. was done so phonetically. Neither surname, Dobslaff nor Tews, typically appear in Polish. Dobslaff is recorded as Docław and if you listen to these in Google translate (click listen icon in left box), they sound similar. It's possible that Tews, written as Tybus, although the surname is definitely recorded beginning with "Tyb", may have sounded somewhat similar to each other. Hear for yourself --https://translate.google.com/?hl=en#pl/en/Dobslaff%20%0A%0A%0ADoc%C5%82aw%0A%0A%0ATews%0A%0A%0ATybus

I'll add that early variations of a surname are a possibility as well. I had an ancestor with surname of Dębowski who I found was recorded in early records of the village with the surname Dąbek.

Valerie
vbstar2010

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:26 am      Post subject: Re: One more marriage please

BobJan wrote:
vbstar2010 wrote:
BobJan wrote:

Thanx again. No wonder I couldn't find the marriage date and the record didn't make complete sense to me. That is a total surprise that they have recorded these announcements in the same book as the weddings. I have not seen that before and now know to watch out for it. I have to now check all my copies from that time frame

I suppose it's also possible that they never followed through with the marriage but, since it appears in the book, I would think they had. The dates crossed out on the announcement indicate that they were originally made on on the 22nd and 29th of January so it's possible something happened at the time that prompted a postponement.
BobJan
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:17 am      Post subject: Re: One more marriage please

vbstar2010 wrote:
BobJan wrote:
vbstar2010 wrote:
BobJan wrote:

I suppose it's also possible that they never followed through with the marriage but, since it appears in the book, I would think they had. The dates crossed out on the announcement indicate that they were originally made on on the 22nd and 29th of January so it's possible something happened at the time that prompted a postponement.

One question about this. This was in a part of Poland with a real high percentage of "nobility" and from the record of Scholastyka's father and this one of her, the family were landowners, possible the whole village (which I was lucky enough to visit) but how would you "interpret" the word szlachetny in this context. Or does the meaning vary greatly across Poland.
FYI, this couple did have 6 children
vbstar2010

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:23 am      Post subject: Re: One more marriage please

BobJan wrote:
vbstar2010 wrote:
BobJan wrote:
vbstar2010 wrote:
BobJan wrote:

One question about this. This was in a part of Poland with a real high percentage of "nobility" and from the record of Scholastyka's father and this one of her, the family were landowners, possible the whole village (which I was lucky enough to visit) but how would you "interpret" the word szlachetny in this context. Or does the meaning vary greatly across Poland.
FYI, this couple did have 6 children

The definition I have for "szlachetny" is "noble", title for an owner of a parcel, or leaseholder
b_kajkowski

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:29 am      Post subject: Re: Kajkowski

Elzbieta Porteneuve wrote:
Bjones1940 wrote:
Bruce

Here is the marriage from 1824.
All villages and old parishes are listed.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO184:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/1824malz_kajkowski_siecienska_166.jpg
MARRIAGE: 23 November 1824, in Gozdowo
GROOM: Marcin Kaykowski farmer, young man, craftsmanship blacksmith, 25 years old, evolved, according to [metric] birth record cut from the books of the church in Proboszczewice, residing in Golejewo, in the assistance and with the permission of his father
GROOM-PARENTS: son Jędrzej Kaykowski, living in the village Kruszczewo, community and parish Proboszczewice, circuit Plock, residing on the farm, and the late Julianna, spouses,
BRIDE: Miss Barbara Siecinska, 21 years old according to [metric] birth record cut from the books of the church in Gozdowo, who is staying at the parental home,
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of the late Kazimierz Siecinski, and living Maryanna, spouses, residing in Golejewo on the farm
WITNESSES: Jędrzej Kaykowski, groom’s father, 60 years old, residing in the village Kruszczewo, community and parish Proboszczewice, circuit Plock, on the farm, Jozef Piotrowski, village head, 57 years old, Roch Witkowski, 40 years old, farmers residing in Golejewo, and Antoni Piasinski, shepherd, 35 years old, residing in Rempin
BANNS: 7, 14 November 1824

Galejewo 16
(part1, introducing groom and bride, with documented dates of birth, and names of parents):
Roku tysiecznego osiemsetnego dwudziestego czwartego, dnia dwudziestego trzeciego miesiaca listopada. Przed nami, proboszczem Grozdowskim, zastepca Urzednika Stanu Cywilnego gminy i parafii Gozdowskiej, obwodu Mlawskiego, wojewodztwie Plockim. Stawili sie Marcin Kaykowski, wloscianin, kawaler kunsztu kowaleskiego, majacy podlug zlozonej przed nami metryki wycietej z ksiag kosciola Proboszczewickiego lat dwadziescia piec skonczyl, w Golejewie zamieszkaly, syn Jedrzeja Kaykowskiego zyjacego w wsi Kruszczewie w gminie parafii Proboszczewickiej w obwodzie Plockim na gospodarstwie zamieszkalego, i Julianny nie zyjacej, malzonkow, w asystencji i za pozwoleniem ojca swego. Tudziez stawila sie Panna Barbara Siecinska, majaca podlug zlozonej przed nami metryki wycietej z ksiag kosciola Gozdowskiego lat dwadziescia jeden, ktora w domu rodzicielskim zostaje, niegdys Kazimierza Siecinskiego nie zyjacego, i Maryanny zyjacej, malzonkow, w Golejewie na gospodarstwie zamieszkalej.

Translation part1:

Year one thousand eight-hundred twenty-four, in the twenty-third day of the month of November. Before us, pastor in Gozdowo, deputy officer of the Civil Vital Records Registry for the community and the parish Gozdowo, circuit Mława, voivodeship Płock. Appeared in Marcin Kaykowski farmer, young man, craftsmanship blacksmith, twenty-five years old, evolved, according to [metric] birth record cut from the books of the church in Proboszczewice, residing in Golejewo, son Jędrzej Kaykowski, living in the village Kruszczewo, community and parish Proboszczewice, circuit Plock, residing on the farm, and the late Julianna, spouses, in the assistance and with the permission of his father. Appeared in also Miss Barbara Siecinska, twenty-one years old according to [metric] birth record cut from the books of the church in Gozdowo, who is staying at the parental home, daughter of the late Kazimierz Siecinski, and living Maryanna, spouses, residing in Golejewo on the farm.

(part2, Code Napoleon procedure, including dates of banns, and often oral permission of present parents or blood relatives):
Strony stawajace zadaja, abysmy do ulozonego miedzy niemi malzenstwa przystapili, ktorego zapowiedzi wyszly, to jest pierwsza dnia siodmego, a druga dnia czternastego miesiaca listopada roku biezacego o godzinie dwunastej w poludnie. Gdy zadne tamowanie przeciw rzeczonemu malzenstwu nie zaszlo, my przejrzawszy wymienione papiert, z ktorych okazuje sie, iz formalnosci, jakich prawo wymaga zachowane zostaly, przychylajac sie zatem do zadania stron, po przeczytaniu stronom i swiadkom wszystkich wyzej wymienionych papierow, i dzialu szostego Kodeksu Prawa w tytule o Malzenstwie, zapytalismy sie przyszlego malzonka, i przyszlej malzonki, czyli chca pobrac sie z soba?

No translation of part2:

(part3, groom and bride say separately yes, the marriage is declared in the name of Law, in presence of witnesses):
Na co gdy kazde z nich oddzielnie odpowiedzialo iz taka ich jest wola, oglaszamy w imieniu Prawa, ze Marcin Kaykowski, kawaler, i Panna Barbara Siecinska sa polaczeni z soba wezlem malzenstwa. Tego wszystkiego spisalismy akt w przytomnosci Jedrzeja Kaykowskiego, ojca zaslubionego lat szescdziesiat majacego, w wsi Kruszczewie w gminie i parafii Proboszczewickiej w obwodzie Plockim na gospodarstwie zamieszkalego, Jozefa Piotrowskiego, soltysa lat piecdziesiat siedem liczacego, Rocha Witkowskiego lat czterdziesci majacego, wloscian gospodarzy w Golejewie zamieszkalych, niemniej Antoniego Piasinskiego, owczarza, lat trzydziesci piec skonczyl, w Rempinie zamieszkalego. Akt niniejszy stawajacym zostal przeczytany i przez nas podpisany, gdyz oswiadczyli ze pisac nie umieja.
Ksiadz Mikolaj Gumienski, proboszcz Gozdowski, zastepca Urzednika Stanu Cywilnego

Translated part3:

When everyone separately answered that so is his will, we declare in the name of Law, that Marcin Kaykowski, young man, and Miss Barbara Siecinska are connected with each other by the node marriage. What we have written down in this act in consciousness of Jędrzej Kaykowski, groom’s father, sixty years old, residing in the village Kruszczewo, community and parish Proboszczewice, circuit Plock, on the farm, Jozef Piotrowski, village head, fifty-seven years old, Roch Witkowski, forty years old, farmers residing in Golejewo, and Antoni Piasinski, shepherd, thirty-five years old, residing in Rempin. This act was read to the present and signed by us, because they declared they do not know how to write. Priest Mikolaj Gumienski, pastor in Gozdowo, deputy officer of the Civil Vital Records Registry

==

Hello,

My name is Bogdan Kajkowski. I do Kajkowski's genealogy quite long time. I've found that post just by "occasion", but I'm quite interested to get in touch with the person who maybe is descendent of mentioned above Marcin Kajkowski and Barbara Siecieński. My 4greatgrandfather Józef Kajkowski married sister of Barbara Siecieński - Marianna Siecieński. Father of that Jozef and father of Marcin were brothers - sons of Anthony Kajkowski and Marianna.

Village mentioned above is "Golejewo" not "Galejewo". My e-mail adress is [email protected]

Best regards
Bogdan
vbstar2010

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:18 am      Post subject: Re: Kalski Translation - Polish or Russian

fathercharles wrote:
Is there anyone who can do some translation for me? The attached record #24 is one that I wish to have translated. I have others if anyone is interested.

Hi Father Charles,

Missed seeing your post. Here is your translation:

#24. Krzewo. This happened in the village of Drozdowo on 2/14 March 1860? (difficult to read) at 4:00 p.m. Jan Kolski appeared, age 47, and Jan Grudowski, age 42, peasants in Krzewo, and declared to Us that yesterday at 7:00 p.m. in Krzewo, Jan Kolski died, 2 or 9 weeks old (hard to determine whether 2 or 9), son of above mentioned Jan and Weronika nee Szydłowska the spouses Kolski, peasants residing in Krzewo. Standard language hereafter.

Valerie
Senkewitz
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 72

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:57 am      Post subject: Record Translation

Can you please help with translation of the attached family record?

67-362.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  166.88 KB
 Viewed:  12186 Time(s)

67-362.JPG

Senkewitz
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:13 am      Post subject: Record Translation

Would you be able to help with translation of this record?

144-219.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.09 KB

144-219.JPG

Senkewitz
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:58 am      Post subject: Record Translation

Would you be able to help with translation of this record?

168-539.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  115.58 KB

168-539.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 330, 331, 332 ... 579, 580, 581  Next Page 331 of 581

Jump to: