PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 9

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:40 am      Post subject: The Anton Przybylski family

I am searching for my family and have hit a brickwall. I need help finding the parents of Antoni Przybylski born 13 June 1838 in German Poland in the Parish of Kiszkowo. Antoni’s spouse was Marianna Nowicki born 9 January 1839 in Bromojewice, Parish Plaszew. Antoni and his wife married in 1866. Their children included Rose, born 20 August 1870, Glowna, Parish Brudzeski, Balbina born 19 March 1871 in Slownia, Martin Michael born 26 September 1872, Parish Sowin, Joseph born 2 Oct 1877 born in Warsau, and my grandfather, Franics Anton born 6 January 1884, place unknown. The family emigrated from German Poland in 1893 and eventually arrived to Winona, Minnesota, USA. I would appreciate any information regarding this family and in particular the parents of Antoni.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:48 pm      Post subject: Re: The Anton Przybylski family

Judieb wrote:
I am searching for my family and have hit a brickwall. I need help finding the parents of Antoni Przybylski born 13 June 1838 in German Poland in the Parish of Kiszkowo. Antoni’s spouse was Marianna Nowicki born 9 January 1839 in Bromojewice, Parish Plaszew. Antoni and his wife married in 1866. Their children included Rose, born 20 August 1870, Glowna, Parish Brudzeski, Balbina born 19 March 1871 in Slownia, Martin Michael born 26 September 1872, Parish Sowin, Joseph born 2 Oct 1877 born in Warsau, and my grandfather, Franics Anton born 6 January 1884, place unknown. The family emigrated from German Poland in 1893 and eventually arrived to Winona, Minnesota, USA. I would appreciate any information regarding this family and in particular the parents of Antoni.

do you have any original documents of your polish ancestors? places that you mentioned are hard to locate, i think maybe in original documents will be original spelling of those places

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Judieb

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:37 pm      Post subject: The Anton Przybylski family

Thank you for responding. Most of my records are from the Parish of St. Stanislaus in Winona, Minnesota, all being after the family's arrival to the USA. The only Polish document that I have found is the record of Antoni and Marianna Nowicki is their marriage: Antonius Przybylski (24 years old) 100%
Martianna Nowicka (21 years old) 100% //Poznan Projekt // Archiwum Archidiecezjalne w Gnieznie
Ul. Kolegiaty 2
62-200 Gniezno
POLAND

Per a map, it looks like Gmina Kiszkowo and Slawno are west of Warsaw. Brudzyn is a little north of there. I am not positive this is the area but perhaps it will help. Again, thank you. Judie Miller
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:17 pm      Post subject: Re: The Anton Przybylski family

Judieb wrote:

Hi Judie,

I believe that I located Antoni’s birth & baptism record. However, his date of birth is November 10, 1843 rather that the date you listed. His parents were Jakub/Jacob and Franciszka/Frances. If the dates of birth for him and for his wife came from obituaries that information may not be reliable. There is quite a bit of evidence that the 1843 record is his. The father, Jacob, is the same name as his father on documents from the USA. The date of birth in the record is consistent with his age at the time of his marriage whereas the 1838 date is not. Finally, after having checked all the birth records from the parish of Kiszkowo from 1836 through 1846, the 1843 record is the only Antoni Przybylski born and baptized in that parish during that period.

The name of Antoni’s wife in the 1866 marriage record is Martiana/Marcjanna (Polish)/Martine (English). I know that it possible to confuse her given name with the much more common Marianna/Maryanna (Polish)/ Maryanne (English). Most Polish women named Maryanna just used Mary in the USA. The supporting evidence that her name was Marcjanna and not Maryanna can be found in the 1900 and 1910 Federal Censuses as well as the 1895 and 1905 Minnesota State Censuses---all of which are available a no charge on the LDS site Family Search (.org). Antoni’s death is also listed there on November 5, 1916, where his birth is listed as June 13, 1842. However, he obviously was not the person providing that information.

Some of the records for the parishes of Slawno and Kiszkowo are available online on the LDS site. In the German Partition aka the Prov. of Posen/Poznań usually multiple copies of the records were made---at a minimum two copies but frequently more than two. Copies housed in National Archives are the civil transcripts and copies housed in the archives of the diocese (or in this case the archdiocese) are the ecclesiastical sacramental records. The versions available online are the ecclesiastical copies. At this time in order to view the civil transcripts it would be necessary to rent the LDS films where those records are found.

The attached map shows the locations mentioned in the records with the exception the village of Popkowo, which now is a very small place known as Popkowice. The area where your ancestors lived is an important historical part of Poland. The closest important city is Gniezno, which was the first capital of the nascent Polish state in the year 966.

Since there is a limit to the size and number of attachments allowed on the forum, I am posting some of those attachments here and the remaining attachments together with the translation of the documents in the Latin Translations section of the forum. The two Census images are too large to post but can be easily found on the Family Search site. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Wishing you success in your research,

Dave

Slawno 1866 #12 malz. Przybylski-Nowicka p2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.19 MB
 Viewed:  6060 Time(s)

Slawno 1866 #12 malz. Przybylski-Nowicka p2.jpg

Slawno 1866 #12 malz. Przybylski-Nowicka p1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.19 MB

Slawno 1866 #12 malz. Przybylski-Nowicka p1.jpg

mapa.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  143.97 KB

mapa.JPG

Judieb

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:01 pm      Post subject: The Anton Przybylski family

Oh, my gosh! What wonderful information. The Minnesota Church record noted Antoni's father's name as Jacob....but there was no source to verify this. I think your information is correct. I certainly can check the LDS records. Having the correct name of his wife, Martiana, is very helpful. I think I saw this spelling of the name, but had dismissed it. Now I understand that Mary was a derivative of her real name. You mentioned that I could find some attachments and translations of them in the Latin Translations forum. Is there a title to this post? I looked but was unsure which post referred to the Przybylski family. I extend to you heartfelt gratitude for your tremendous help. Not only do I appreciate this but also our extended family who have been searching for this break through information for a very long time, Sincerely, Judie Miller
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research Resources, Tools & Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: