PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 363, 364, 365
Author

Replies: 18

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:47 pm      Post subject:

Thank you Sophia and Dnowicki and whoever else has helped me. I did see about the way Stanislaus died, but not about the case with "Catharine Pupel" interesting.. This has made me very excited! He is a relative of mine, he's my 4th great grandafther, and Catherine Puppel (nee Zietkowska) was my 4th great grandmother!
szynkiewicz

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:26 pm      Post subject: Birth Record Translation Help

Can someone please translate this record for me? I am trying to find stuff on my third great grandmother Rozalia Gora, death record says she was from Gorny Slask (Upper Silesia). I looked Lodzkie province on Geneteka and found a Rozalia Gora born 1855. Death record says she was born sep 4 1854. Could be a match, birth dates are always off. Thanks in advance.

Rozalia1855.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.86 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Rozalia1855.PNG

szynkiewicz

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:03 am      Post subject:

And could someone also translate this for me? Thank you!

Death.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.45 MB

Death.PNG

crispm28
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 65

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 3:15 pm      Post subject: Ciania Jadwiga

Hello, Would appreciate a translation of the birth record for Jadwiga Ciania

Thank you very much.
Christine

Ciania Jadwiga b.1847.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  162.47 KB

Ciania Jadwiga b.1847.JPG

ksmets

Replies: 21

Post Posted: 7 Days ago at 4:20 pm      Post subject: Help with transcribing & translating 1867 Polish marriag

Hello

I could use a little help with this marriage record. So far I have:

8 October 1867.
Sponsus: house number 30. Paulus Gadek, f. Joannes et Maria Bozniak, catholic, 30 years old, single
Sponsa: Catharina Mikuta, f. Francisci et Maria Kozial, catholic, 20 years old, single
Testes: Josephus Kubik, agr. [and] Joannes Kozial, agr.

But I am not sure at all what is in the paragraph written below that. And/or who performed the wedding. I am assuming his name comes after the "benedisset" word.

Thanks for all the help!

Kristine

1867-10-08 20170509_155457.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  701.82 KB

1867-10-08 20170509_155457.jpg

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1386

Post Posted: 6 Days ago at 8:25 am      Post subject: Re: Help with transcribing & translating 1867 Polish mar

ksmets wrote:
Hello

I could use a little help with this marriage record. So far I have:

8 October 1867.
Sponsus: house number 30. Paulus Gadek, f. Joannes et Maria Bozniak, catholic, 30 years old, single
Sponsa: Catharina Mikuta, f. Francisci et Maria Kozial, catholic, 20 years old, single
Testes: Josephus Kubik, agr. [and] Joannes Kozial, agr.

But I am not sure at all what is in the paragraph written below that. And/or who performed the wedding. I am assuming his name comes after the "benedisset" word.

Thanks for all the help!

Kristine

Hi Kristine,

The record is an example of the standard Latin-Polish hybrid marriage record from Galicia when the bride is underage/young. The majority of the record is in Latin except for the final statement wherein the father of the bride gives his permission for the wedding. Since the father of the bride certainly did not know Latin it was sensible to record his statement in Polish. The statement says that I give my permission to my underage daughter Katarzyna to enter into the bonds of marriage with Paweł Gądek and as testimony of this I sign in the presence of the witnesses. The statement concludes with the signature substitute (i.e. his mark) + Franciszek Mikuta/Mikuła, father of the underage (bride).
The other entry you asked about reads in Latin “Benedixit J. Wolski curat(us)” which is translated as “J. Wolski, the curate, blessed (the marriage)."

If you have any questions regarding the Latin entries please feel free to ask.

Wishing you successful research,

Dave
Fantom

Replies: 41

Post Posted: 5 Days ago at 6:50 am      Post subject: Re: Birth Record Translation Help

szynkiewicz wrote:
Can someone please translate this record for me? I am trying to find stuff on my third great grandmother Rozalia Gora, death record says she was from Gorny Slask (Upper Silesia). I looked Lodzkie province on Geneteka and found a Rozalia Gora born 1855. Death record says she was born sep 4 1854. Could be a match, birth dates are always off. Thanks in advance.

It came to pass on the twenty-eighth day of August in the year of one thousand eight hundred and fifty, at the hour of twelve at noon, in the Town of Wielun, the county town. Appeared personally Karol Gora, a shepherd, forty-two years of age, residing in Starce, companioned by witnesses Bogumil Szpalek, a shepherd, forty-one years of age, residing in Wola Rudlicka, and Wojciech Pijarka, a farmer, thirty-two years of age, residing in Starce, and presented to us a baby of the female sex, born on the sixteenth day of August of the current year, at the hour of seven in the morning, in Starce, declaring that she was born from him and his wife Rozalia nee Schubert, thirty-two years of age. The said baby had been given the name Rozalia during the holy baptism which had been held earlier that day and her godparents had been the first witness along with Zuzanna Szpalek, a married woman from Wola Rudnicka. The present certificate was read aloud to the appearer and the witnesses and but was not signed by them since they stated that they did not know how to write.
Fantom

Post Posted: 5 Days ago at 7:46 am      Post subject:

szynkiewicz wrote:

Starce. It came to pass on the twenty-fourth day of May in the year of one thousand eight hundred and fifty-six, at the hour of twelve at noon, in the Village of Godynice. Appeared personally Karol Gorecki, a shepherd, the father of the deceased, sixty-eight years of age, and Szczepan Pawlak, a day-labourer, thirty-five years of age, both residing in the Village of Starce, and testified that Rozalia Gorecki, the daughter of the shepherds, three quarters old, born in the Village of Starce from the Goreckis, namely, from Karol and Rozalia nee Szubert, the shepherds, had deceased on the twenty-second day of the current month of the current year, at the hour of eleven at night, in the Village of Starce.
ksmets

Replies: 21

Post Posted: 5 Days ago at 7:56 am      Post subject: Thank you!

Thank you Dave. Your explanation and translation definitely helps!
Mountain Path

Replies: 17

Post Posted: 5 Days ago at 12:58 pm      Post subject: Translation Request

Please find attached a copy of my grandmother's Baptismal record (Anna Pyclik)...it is in Latin from what I can tell. I think I have translated everything correctly but I would really welcome another translation from someone much more expert than I to make sure. Thank you so much to anyone who can help me with this.

Grandma (Pyclik) Scieszka Baptismal Record #1.jpg
 Description:
From Parish records....
 Filesize:  79.77 KB

Grandma (Pyclik) Scieszka Baptismal Record #1.jpg

szynkiewicz

Post Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:40 am      Post subject:

Fantom wrote:
szynkiewicz wrote:

Starce. It came to pass on the twenty-fourth day of May in the year of one thousand eight hundred and fifty-six, at the hour of twelve at noon, in the Village of Godynice. Appeared personally Karol Gorecki, a shepherd, the father of the deceased, sixty-eight years of age, and Szczepan Pawlak, a day-labourer, thirty-five years of age, both residing in the Village of Starce, and testified that Rozalia Gorecki, the daughter of the shepherds, three quarters old, born in the Village of Starce from the Goreckis, namely, from Karol and Rozalia nee Szubert, the shepherds, had deceased on the twenty-second day of the current month of the current year, at the hour of eleven at night, in the Village of Starce.

Thank you so much! This helped a lot!
cbuckord

Replies: 13

Post Posted: Yesterday at 11:09 pm      Post subject: Please translate

You have all been very helpful and I would appreciate having these records translated. I hope they will lead me to more records. Thank you very much!! Dena

Julian Czyzewski document.jpg
 Description:
Julian was my great grandfather
 Filesize:  237.57 KB

1852 Trabin Act 5.jpg
 Description:
My great-great grandparents marriage record
 Filesize:  1.27 MB

1852 Trabin Act 5.jpg

Fantom

Post Posted: 21 hours ago at 8:20 am      Post subject: Re: Please translate

cbuckord wrote:
You have all been very helpful and I would appreciate having these records translated. I hope they will lead me to more records. Thank you very much!! Dena

No. 5. Dobre. It came to pass on the nineteenth day of September in the year of one thousand eight hundred and fifty-two, at the hour of one in the afternoon, in Trabin.

We make known that today, in the presence of witnesses Jan Malinowski, a shepherd from Dobre, thirty-four years of age, and Szymon Marcinkowski, a day-labourer from Dobre, fifty years of age, the religious matrimony has been entered into by Michal Duchewicz, a bachelor, a stableman from Dobre, twenty-three years of age, born in Pluskowesy in Prussia from the Duchewiczs, namely, from the already deceased married couple Stanislaw Duchewicz and Agnieszka nee Nowakowski, working as a day-labourer in Dulsk, and Zuzanna Pietrzykowski, the maiden from Dobre, twenty-five years of age, born in Dobrzejewice from the Pietrzykowskis, namely, from the already deceased married couple Andrzej and Katarzyna nee Karczewski, working as a day-labouress in Dobrzejewice. The said matrimony had been preceded by the triple proclamation of banns in the Parish Church in Trabie, namely on Sunday the fifth, the twelfth and the nineteenth of September of the current year. No objections had been raised by anyone to contracting the matrimony. The newlyweds state that they had not made any premarital agreement.

The present certificate was read aloud to the appearers and the witnesses, who did not know how to write, and subsequently signed, albeit, since the appearers and the witnesses did not know how to write, only by myself.

A J Skwiecinski (signed), Parish Administrator of Trabin Parish
fopuszyn

Replies: 167

Post Posted: 19 hours ago at 10:30 am      Post subject: Maryanna Suwalska, d.1810

Hello

Attached is the 1810 death record of a Maryanna Suwalska from parish Chrostkowo (near Lipno).

Recorded witnesses include Pawel Wawrzynski (my 4G GF) and a Andrej Wawzynski (perhaps his brother?).

1) What was relationship between Pawel and Andrej? Brothers?

2) What was relationship between Maryanna Suwalska and Pawel Wawzynski?

Whenever you are available, please provide full translation.

Many thanks

Frank O

TA Suwalska, Maryanna d.1810.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  220.28 KB

TA Suwalska, Maryanna d.1810.jpg

cbuckord

Replies: 13

Post Posted: 15 hours ago at 2:42 pm      Post subject: Need help with translation

I would like to have my great grandfather's (Julian Cizewski) record translated. Can someone help me? Thank you!!

Description:
 Filesize:  237.57 KB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 363, 364, 365 Page 365 of 365

Jump to: