PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:47 am      Post subject: Looking for info of surname Kizior

My 2nd great grandfather was born in Poland sometime between 1855 and 1861 and came to the US between 1877 and 1880 on census and vital records his birth year vary between those years. His 1st name will vary from the English/Polish version (Joseph/Jozef). However his wife, numerous children, the small town he lived his entire life in the US, and surprisingly the spelling of his last name remain consistent 100% of the time. In the 1900 and 1910 census it states he is from Aust-Poland. After many years of research I have not been able to find any immigration, birth, or baptismal record for him that I am confident belongs to him. When I rsearch the surname Kizior itself I find it is not an extremely common one however it is all over Poland in very small numbers to this day. Any information on this surname, it's origin, or perhaps on that time period would be appreciated more then you could ever know! Thank you. Amiee
Cheri Vanden Berg
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 497

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:16 am      Post subject:

If he married in the U.S. the church should have the information of where he had been baptized in Poland.
maslezak

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:46 am      Post subject: surname Kizior

When searching my Slezak genealogy I came across the surname Kizior quite a few times, and I believe that somewhere along the line there was a marriage between Slezak and Kizior. My family comes from the Wiewiorka and Roza villages in Galicia. The villages must be very small and my ancestors frequently listed Pilzno as there place of origin. The documents I have are photocopies of LDS micrifilms and between that less than good quality and the hard to read hand writing I believe the name is Kizior, but can not be 100% sure. If I can be of any help feel free to contact me. Mike
Agnieszka Pawlus
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 748

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:34 am      Post subject:

amieelk,

Here are some genral informations about the surname Kizior it comes from German personal name Kieser, Kyser.

In 2002 there were 199 individuals using the surname Kizior living in Poland. Detailed map of the surname distribution can be found here: https://nazwiska-polskie.pl/Kizior

Click here http://polishorigins.com/?s=kizior&x=0&y=0 to check what can be found about your surname in the PolishOrigins Databases. In our Surnames Database you will find other PolishOrigins members interested in Kizior surname.

Sources
Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Origins of surnames All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: