PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:35 pm      Post subject: Seeking direction in my family search

I am trying to trace the family history of my great grandparents and hopefully their parents.

As far as we know, Mark(s) Albeitman (b.5/3/1874), Kozienice, Poland , married Esther Milly Pfeffer (b.6/3/1878), Mazowieckie, Poland. I do not know what year they married.

They emigrated to the UK in the early 1900's with two children, Samuel H Albeitman (b.25/12/1901 ?) and Renee Rachel (b.18/10/1902 ?).

Three more children were born in London. Eva (b.1904), Pauline (b.1907) and Angel (b.1909).

The family went by the surname of Albeitman though show as Albeteman Marks and family in the 1911 UK census. They lived out their lives in London. Marks and Esther are buried together in a Jewish cemetery in London.

Mark Albeitman was a Ladies Tailor and Furrier, he ran his own business in London.

I recently found a shipping note that listed a passenger, Rebecca Albeitman Schneider who was sailing to New York from Southampton aboard the Leviathan on Oct 16, 1928. On the shipping manifest, Marks Albeitman is listed as a brother to Rebecca. She is listed as Polish also.

I really am at a loss as to how to proceed. I imagine if I could find a marriage certificate for Mark and Esther , I could then search for birth certificates for them ?

I am the eldest grand daughter of Pauline Albeitman. My mother is the only daughter of Pauline. My mother is nearly 93 years old so I would love to be able to solve this mystery for her.

I recently did a Family Finder DNA test which came up with a lot of matches, sadly I have no idea how I might be connected to these matches.

Any help would be most welcome,
Thank you

Susan
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:45 am      Post subject:

Hello Susan,

Welcome to the community.

I gather from your original post that your family is Jewish. If that is the case, there are two resources I know of that may have the records you are seeking.

Jewish Records Indexing Poland. They have a page for Kozienice see link below.you will have to contact them for assistance.

https://jri-poland.org/town/kozienice.htm

Also, Family Search has digitized records for the Jewish community in Kozienice, but you can only view them from a Family Research center near you. Here is the link

https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/56767?availability=Family%20History%20Library

I hope this helps. Good luck with your research

Cynthia
Send e-mail
SusanMillar

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:46 pm      Post subject: Thank you

Hello Cynthia,

Thank you for your reply and helpful hints.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: