PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:24 pm      Post subject: John Sweredoski/ Isabela Soboleska - Gre Great grandparents.

Searching for great great grandparents Sweredoski or Sweredowski from village of Biala Czerka (Old village probably) County of Alexandrufa, Ukraine Europe. Stefan ( my Great grandfather) was the oldest child of the family and he and two siblings came to America in the early 1900's. I can not find anything on our name. Other names in my family are Makuch and Repak. I would love any info on these name if possible ☺
Send e-mail
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 593

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:44 am      Post subject:

justvicki wrote:
Ute,
Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. I was so pleased to see your reply when I logged in today.

Yes, that is indeed my grandmother Karolina Radecki. However, she was not married at that time and the Franz who accompanied her was her brother, who she always referred to as Frank. (It doesn't surprised me that the manifests have errors. I think its amazing they are as accurate as they actually are.) She lived in Buffalo with Jan until my grandfather (Maciej Sojka = Matthew Sayko) followed her to the US and they were married at St. Augustine's Roman Catholic Church in Depew, NY in 1909. They moved from Buffalo, to Old Forge, PA to Gary, WV finally settling in Abbs Valley, VA. They had 16 children and raised 14 to adulthood. Only three are now living, my mother being the oldest of those at 90.

Vicki,
You may have seen the updates I recently made to the list of Ludzmierz emigrants to the US. I added the above information that you had given me to the list. When I took a closer look at the information given on your grandparents' marriage and their parents' names

See: "New York, County Marriages, 1847-1848; 1908-1936," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KL73-GRS : accessed 8 April 2016), Maciez Sojka and Karolina Radecki, 05 Sep 1909; citing county clerk’s office, Wyoming, New York, United_States; FHL microfilm 989,420. )

I noticed that your grandmother's parents names are indexed as John Radecki and Victoria 'Joheniniah". 'Joheniniah' is obviously a misspelling. I checked the original marriage record a copy of which I'm attaching. The last name looks like 'Jachymiak' to me. You may know this already, I just thought I mention it to you, in case you don't ...
Ute

Radecka-Sojka marriage.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  346.1 KB
 Viewed:  2196 Time(s)

Radecka-Sojka marriage.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: