PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 360, 361, 362 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 231

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:04 pm      Post subject:

PabianAus wrote:
Bob,
Regarding record #98 birth of Gotlib Krampic in 1838 – I looked good and hard at the recorded age of his father Michał and what is recorded is 55 years of age (please note that reliability of the recorded age is these older birth records is generally not good). Witnesses were Piotr Freyda (age 55) and Józef Jenzowski (?) (age 27) both farmers. Godparents were Eufrozyna Freda and I can’t make out the second name.

Regarding record #100 birth of Michał Krampic in 1828 – I double checked the father’s age and it is 30. Witnesses were Krystyan Flader (age 27) and Michał Dey (age 23). Godparents were Dawid Bun and Anna Wynter.

Tom

Thanks again Tom,

First mismatch on age I've run into, but I thought for a moment it was the wrong record, the surnames make it right though.

These are just a few of the records I found of my 2xGreat grandparents children. While I was working with the records of my 1xgreat grandparents and their children, I found new families via two witness's (still not sure if they were 'god parents'). I've heard from others too, that the witnesses are often related if not close friends and important to record.

So thank you much, I just can't get that cursive Polish untangled. The 1xggparents children were in cursive Russian, and that gave me headaches.

Bob
Send e-mail
JGwizdowski
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 215

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:16 pm      Post subject: Mój polski jest bardzo słaby

I have been trying to transcribe a Koscinski record from 1850, deciphering word by word and using Google translate to build some semblance of understanding.

My sparse understanding of the Polish language is hampering my deciphering on many words. I have worked through the better part of the first 8 lines, but then the handwriting becomes more compacted and difficult (for me) to determine the word.

Here is the image...
[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/2pray2j4501qzxn/1850%20Jozef%20record-image_S3HT-6SXQ-YJC.jpg?dl=0[/img]

And here is the 8 lines that I've worked through so far, to best of my ability...
1P) Dziato ? ? ? stepocinie dnia siedemnastego marca tysiac osianset piec
1E) Day ? ? ? step by step the day Seventeenth March thousand eight hundred

2P) dziesiatego roki o godzinie dwunastey wyotudnie ? ? Agnieszka
2E) fifty years about hour Twelve It will be heavy ? ? Agnes

3P) Kwiatkoska wloscianska akuszerka z Maliszowa lat szescdziesie dzia
3E) Kwiatkoska ? midwife from Maliszowa years sixty work

4P) ? ? Obecnosci Jacka Lilenskiego lat dwadziescia twenty i ?
4E) ? ? presence Jack Lilenskiego years twenty four and ?

5P) szymzyka lat szydziesci ? obu włościan z Maliszowa i okizala
5E) A shaman years thirty ? both peasants from and ?

6P) ? dziecie ? ? urodzone w Maliszowie dnia Pietnastego Mar
6E) ? child ? ? born in Maliszowie the day fifteenth March

7P) ? roku bieżącego o godzinie jedynast rano from Maryanna Koscinski
7E) ? year current about hour the eleventh morning from Maryanna Koscinski

8P) wolnej lat dwadziescia ? ?, ojca ? wicjna ? i niemadamego dziec?
8E) free years twenty ? ?, father ? initial ? and Indomitable child?

Obviously I"m struggling with this Smile I know this is time consuming so any help is greatly appreciated with an offer to compensate.

Thank you so much!
Joe

1850 Jozef record-image_S3HT-6SXQ-YJC.jpg
 Description:
Poland, Radom Roman Catho...c Church Books, 1587-1966
 Filesize:  267.53 KB
 Viewed:  7231 Time(s)

1850 Jozef record-image_S3HT-6SXQ-YJC.jpg

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:15 pm      Post subject: Re: Mój polski jest bardzo słaby

<span>I have been trying to transcribe a Koscinski record from 1850, deciphering word by word and using Google translate to build some semblance of understanding.

My sparse understanding of the Polish language is hampering my deciphering on many words. I have worked through the better part of the first 8 lines, but then the handwriting becomes more compacted and difficult (for me) to determine the word.

Here is the image...
[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/2pray2j4501qzxn/1850%20Jozef%20record-image_S3HT-6SXQ-YJC.jpg?dl=0[/img]

And here is the 8 lines that I've worked through so far, to best of my ability...

Obviously I"m struggling with this Smile I know this is time consuming so any help is greatly appreciated with an offer to compensate.

Thank you so much!
Joe</span>

Hi Joe,

Records such as this usually follow a set format and not everything recorded in the entry is of equal value. The basic facts are names, dates, ages and occupations. Things like years are written in longhand whereas we would be more likely to use the arabic numerals, e.g. we would write March 17, 1850 at Noon instead of the way the entry expresses the date. When you find such a record you already know the year of the act so there is no need to sweat the long hand version of the year. At some point last year Aga added a sticky note intended to help those who are not fluent in Polish to make sense out of such records. The link no longer works but here is the link to Family Search which should help you to make more sense out of such records.  https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/Poland_Civil_Registration#Birth_Records

Here is a translation of the part of the record you’ve been working on.

It took place in Kowala Stęponica on the 17th day of March of the one thousand eight hundred fiftieth year at the hour of 12 in the afternoon (i.e. Noon) that Agnieszka Kwiatkowska, a peasant midwife from Maliszów age 62 (lit. having 62 years), in the presence of Jacek Zielenski, age 24, and Kacper Szymczyk, age 30, both peasants from Maliszów, and presented to us a child of the male sex born in Maliszów on the 15th day of March of the current year at the 11th hour in the morning of Maryanna Koscińska age 23 whereas the father was illegal (illegitimate) and unknown, to this child at holy baptism today was given the name Józef…Names of the baptismal sponsors (godparents) follow and the record concludes with the usual formula about the act (record) having been read to those present and signed only by the priest because those present were illiterate.

I know that this is probably not as detailed a help as you would like but I believe that by using the resources found on Family Search it should be easier to make sense of the Napoleonic long paragraph records. I'm just not up to doing a line by line Polish and English transcription of the record. Hope this helps somewhat.

Wishing you success,

Dave
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 172

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:08 am      Post subject: Re: Mój polski jest bardzo słaby

JGwizdowski wrote:
I have been trying to transcribe a Koscinski record from 1850, deciphering word by word and using Google translate to build some semblance of understanding.

Here is the image...

Thank you so much!
Joe

20. Maliszow. Jozef Koscinski. It came to pass on the seventeenth day of March in the year of one thousand eight hundred and fifty, at the hour of twelve at noon, in Kowala-Stepocina. Appeared personally Agnieszka Kwiatkoski, a farmeress and midwife from Maliszow, sixty-two years of age, companioned by Jacek Zielenski, twenty-four years of age, and Kacper Szymczyk, thirty years of age, both of them being farmers from Maliszow, and presented to us a baby of the male sex, born on the fifteenth day of March of the current year, at the hour of eleven in the morning, in Maliszow, from Maryanna Koscinski, single, twenty-three years of age, and from an illegitimate and unknown father. The said baby had been named Jozef at the holy baptism which had been held earlier that day and his godparents had been Franciszek Nosowicz, a bachelor, and Klementyna Zawodzinski whereas assistants had been Jacek Zielenski and Wiktorya Koltoniaczka, a maiden. The present certificate was read aloud to the appearers and subsequently signed by myself, while the appearer and the witnesses did not know how to write.

Priest Antoni Kowalski (signed), Parish Priest and Civil Registrar
JGwizdowski
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 215

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:19 am      Post subject:

Thank you so much! This really helps to sort the puzzle pieces and, at some point I'll hopefully be able to determine if this piece fits in with my puzzle.

I also hope that my efforts at learning to interpret the original Polish format will make it easier for me to search through these old records and at least pick out those that may have some

And thank you, too, for the link on understanding the Polish civil records. Lots to keep me busy.

Dziękuję Ci bardzo!
Joe Gwizdowski (Whistler)
crispm28
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 133

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:56 am      Post subject: Birth records for Ciania Piotr and Jozef Pawyza

I would appreciate your help in translating these birth documents.

Thank you in advance.
Christine

Pawyza Jozef 1867.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  144.69 KB
 Viewed:  7197 Time(s)

Pawyza Jozef 1867.JPG

Ciania Piotr b.1846-7-20 (possible).JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  489.71 KB

Ciania Piotr b.1846-7-20 (possible).JPG

PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:12 pm      Post subject:

Christine,

Here are my translations of your two documents.

#2 It took place in the village of Dzietrzkowice on the third day of January in the year of one thousand eight hundred and sixty seven at 3 o’clock in the afternoon, there appeared Józef Pawyza, a ?? not-sure-of-the-occupation-description ??, twenty nine years of age, residing in the village of Radostów, in the presence of the witnesses Wojciech Panek, forty one years of age, and Jan Adamski, forty five years of age, both ?? not-sure-of-the-occupation-description ?? and residing in Radostów, and presented to us a child of the male sex born on the third of January this year at nine o’clock in the morning, by his lawful wife Marianna Warmuz , twenty nine years of age. This child baptised today was given the name Franciszek, and his godparents were the aforementioned Wojciech Panek and Agnieszka Strzalina from Lubno (?) This document was read aloud to the declarant and witnesses, and signed by myself (the priest), because those present are unable to write.

#18. It took place in the village of Wola Wiązowa on the ninth day of July in the year of one thousand eight hundred and forty six at 2 o’clock in the afternoon, there appeared Maciej Ciania, a publican, twenty eight years of age, residing in Wola Wiązowa, in the presence of the witnesses Łukasz Brzezowski, forty years of age, and Jan Siwiaszczyk, thirty years of age, both farmers and residing in Wola Wiązowa, and presented to us a child of the male sex born yesterday at three o’clock in the morning, by his lawful wife Marianna Holaś , twenty six years of age. This child baptised today was given the name Piotr, and his godparents were Paweł Kuczkier and Giertruda Bednarczyk. This document was read aloud to the declarant and witnesses, and only signed by myself (the priest), because the father and witnesses are unable to write.

Tom
arianne1504

Replies: 16

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:52 pm      Post subject: Translation of Record for Marcjanna Chełchowska

Hello, would someone please mind translating this record for me? I think I can see it mentions Stanislaw Kazcynski, who was her husband, but am not sure. Thank you.

Is this Marcjanna.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  102.14 KB

Is this Marcjanna.JPG

PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:37 am      Post subject:

I'll just extract the key pieces of information. If it is a match then it can be fully translated.

This is the death record of Marcjana Kaczyńska age 23. Date of death is 21 August 1864. Marcjanna was living with her father which indicates that she was not married. Father is Franciszek Kaczyński age 56 (he is also the person who registered the death). Mother was Katarzyna (deceased). Note: Katarzyna's death record in 1863 indicates that she died age 55 on 13th September 1863 and her maiden name was Kowalczyk and that she was born in Dłutów.
There is no reference to anybody called Stanislaw in the death record of Marcjanna.
Tom
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:18 am      Post subject: Re: Translation of Record for Marcjanna Chełchowska

arianne1504 wrote:
Hello, would someone please mind translating this record for me? I think I can see it mentions Stanislaw Kazcynski, who was her husband, but am not sure. Thank you.

40. Adamczycha. It came to pass on the twenty-ninth day of August in the year of one thousand eight hundred and sixty-four, at the hour of eight in the morning, in Baranowo. Appeared personally Franciszek Kaczynski, fifty-six years of age, and Jan Saplaski, thirty-five years of age, both of them being farmers from Adamczycha, and testified that Maryanna Kaczynski, twenty-three years of age, the daughter of the Kaczynskis, namely, of the married couple Franciszek and the late Katarzyna, the farmers from Adamczycha, born in Adamczycha and staying there beside her parents, had deceased two days before, at the hour of ten in the evening, in Adamczycha. The departure of {Maryanna} Kaczynski was visually ascertained. The present certificate was read aloud to the appearers, who did not know how to write, and subsequently signed by myself.

(signed), Parish Priest, Responsible for the Maintenance of Civil Registration Records
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:03 am      Post subject: Re: Birth records for Ciania Piotr and Jozef Pawyza

crispm28 wrote:
I would appreciate your help in translating these birth documents.

Thank you in advance.
Christine

2. Radostow. It came to pass on the third day of January in the year of one thousand eight hundred and sixty-seven, at the hour of three in the afternoon, in the Village of Dzietrzkowice. Appeared personally Jozef Pawyza, a tenant-farmer, twenty-nine years of age, residing in the Village of Radostow, companioned by Wojciech Panek, forty-one years of age, and Jan Adamski, forty-five years of age, both of them being tenant-farmers residing in the Village of Radostow, and presented to us a baby of the male sex, born on the third day of January of the current year, at the hour of nine in the morning, in Radostow, from his twenty-nine-year-old wife Maryanna nee Warmuz. The said baby had been named Franciszek at the holy baptism, which had been held earlier that day, and his godparents had been the aforementioned Wojciech Panek and Agnieszka Strzalina from Lubnice. The present certificate was read aloud to the appearer and the witnesses, who did not know how to write, and subsequently signed by myself.

(signed), Responsible for the Maintenance of Civil Registration Records
arielvfu

Replies: 60

Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:26 pm      Post subject:

please if you may assist in translating 2 documents
hope the quality is ok and readable

many thanks!!

D zysla.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  667.68 KB

D zysla.jpg

D zelik.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1008.03 KB

D zelik.jpg

BobK
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 231

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:36 pm      Post subject: Marriage Bann

I was sent this lengthy 1810 Marriage bann for andreas Krampic & regina Motzen

I've tried, but need an expert to translate this for me...

Thanks in advance,
Bob K.

Let's see if this works.
Thank you for that speedy reply Fantom, are all Bann's that verbose!? Wink
Adding my thanks here to see if I can..

Krampic Andreas (1810) marriage bann.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.32 MB

Krampic Andreas (1810) marriage bann.png

Last edited by BobK on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Send e-mail
nercell
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 287

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:19 pm      Post subject: Panuciak d. 1839

When time permits.

Translation of the 1839 death certificate of Agnieszka Panuciak, village Turzyniec.

Akt 311

http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/35/1930/0/2.4/97/skan/full/SgNvaZSFOl0-kjCysGG9fg

Thank you,

Nancy
PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:52 am      Post subject:

Translation of the 1839 death certificate of Agnieszka Panuciak, village Turzyniec.

Time has permitted Smile

Turzyniec. No.311. It came to pass in Szczebrzeszyn on the thirty first day of December in the year one thousand eight hundred and thirty-nine, at one o’clock in the afternoon, there appeared Jan Panuciak, husband of the deceased, fifty years old, and Antoni Panuciak, 45 years old, both peasant farmers residing in Turzyniec and attested that two days ago at 9 o’clock in the evening Agnieszka Panuciak, a peasants wife, died in Turzyniec, fifty years of age, daughter of unknown parents, herself a peasant from Łukowa (note: about 25 kms south of Turzyniec), leaving behind a widowed husband – the aforementioned Jan Panuciak. After certifying that they had witnessed the death, this certificate was read aloud to the declarants and subsequently signed by us, since the declarants did not know how to write.

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 360, 361, 362 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 361 of 580

Jump to: