PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 577, 578, 579, 580, 581  Next
Author

Replies: 12

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:29 pm      Post subject: Thank you Barb!

BarbOslo wrote:
KimAbe wrote:
Hello. I hope this works as it seems that when I use my phone the links do not always work. I am on the treadmill right now so all I have is my phone haha

https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=pg&id=1202&se=&sy=1846&kt=2&plik=015.jpg&x=0&y=780&zoom=1.85

No.15
It happened in Lipno, on April 7th/19th, 1846, at 2 p.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses: Marcin Krauze, 56 years old and Michał Schulz, 61 years old, both farmers, living in Liciszewy a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:
Jakub Myller, a widower, a landless peasant, living in Liciszewy, the surviving widower of his late wife, Zara nee Wilma, 30 years old,
and
Karolina Neymann, a miss, a daughter of Paweł and Anna nee Falgmann, the Neymann spouses living in Liciszewy, 20 years old, who was born in Liciszewy, living with her parents.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, on: February 10th/22nd, April 1st/13th and 7th /19th of the current year, announced in the evangelical parish of Lipno, on Sundays.
The bride's parents gave their oral permission for the marriage.
There were no objections for the marriage.
The newlyweds declared they did not enter into the prenuptial agreement.
This act was read to the newlyweds and witnesses, who declared that they were illiterate.
Priest's signature

! I checked the church registers from the parish of Osiek. Zara Myller nee Wilma died on February 20th, 1846 in Liciszewy, at the age of 24 years.

Regards,
-Barb

Wow. Thank you. That was so fast. And thank you for the additional death information. It is much appreciated. I’m new to this site (still learning to navigate it) and on Feb 5, Aleksander helped by moving my first posts to this specific translation forum. He said they may not be noticed by those who can assist due to the move, and I suspect that was the case being how fast this post was seen. Would you be able to help with those? There is no rush. As mentioned, I can usually draw out the information needed, but when something doesn’t fit it usually is explained in the details that I can’t translate. So any help with those would be very appreciated.
Thank you again Barb! Have a great day.
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 692

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:53 pm      Post subject:

Hi again,
I found the two records from February 5th. Will translate tomorrow. Do you need a full translation or only the most important?
-Barb
KimAbe

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:11 pm      Post subject:

BarbOslo wrote:
Hi again,
I found the two records from February 5th. Will translate tomorrow. Do you need a full translation or only the most important?
-Barb

Thank you Barb. I do not need a full translation, as I am looking specifically for information that would help with my direct Koppens/Keppens/Kopp ancestor. I am hoping Karolina was a sibling, although she could be a cousin or other too. A group of 4 seemed to move around together including my ancestor. The few records I find on any of them have so much conflicting information esp regarding parental names and locations. Since I’ve come to a dead end for my direct ancestor, I am hoping if I keep looking at the other 3 in this group, including this Karolina, it may offer clues. Thank you so much.
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:28 am      Post subject: Re: Translation/comparison of 2 records

KimAbe wrote:
Hello. I have found a first and second marriage record for an ancestor which seem to have conflicting information about parents and birthplace. I am only able to translate basic details from Polish records, so I am hoping there will be clues in the details about Karolina that I can’t translate. And hopefully those clues will help explain the differences. Thank you in advance for any help regarding this! Will post the second record separately.

It happened in Gąsewo, on February 4th, 1822, at 4 p.m.
Groom: Joachim Andrzej Dywert, a widower of the late Eleonora Karolina Krystyna Gieryk who died in Sypniewo, a son of the late Joachim and Maria Dywert from the village of ?Keten in Prussia, who died there, 34 years old, living in Sypniewo
Bride: Karolina Keppen, a miss, a daughter of Joachim (54years old) and Gotliba (52 years old) from the village of Sypniewo, 25 years old, living with her parents in Sypniewo.

It happened in Przasnysz, on October 29th/November 10th, 1840, at 10 a.m.
Groom: Joachim Titke, a farmer in Sypniewo commune Sieluń, a bachelor, an evangelical religion, 30 years old, the older son of Joachim and Wilhelmine nee Eichler the Titke spouses, the farmers in Sypniewo, the family came from ?Sziebkau.
Bride: Karolina Düwert nee Koeppen, a widow of the late Joachim, who died on July 11th/23rd, 1837 and was a farmer in Sypniewo, the older daughter of the late Kacper and Luiza nee Vetur, the Koeppen spouses, father was a laborer in Sypniewo, an evangelical religion, 42 years old, living in Sypniewo, the family came from ?Holchausen.

Here we have the situation where none of the bride and groom submitted birth documents which confirmed when, where they were born and who their parents were. It was written so called "akt znania".
“Akt znania” is a type of document that was attached to the marriage certificate if the original birth/baptism document or other documents could not be presented. For example, because of the distance from the place of birth. Then someone who knows the family would provide information that is known to him (age, place of origin, parents' names...).

I have asked Michael, who translates the German records at the Forum, if he could help find the places where the Koeppen family came from.

Regards,
-Barb
KimAbe

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:20 am      Post subject: Re: Translation/comparison of 2 records

BarbOslo wrote:
It happened in Gąsewo, on February 4th, 1822, at 4 p.m.
Groom: Joachim Andrzej Dywert, a widower of the late Eleonora Karolina Krystyna Gieryk who died in Sypniewo, a son of the late Joachim and Maria Dywert from the village of ?Keten in Prussia, who died there, 34 years old, living in Sypniewo
Bride: Karolina Keppen, a miss, a daughter of Joachim (54years old) and Gotliba (52 years old) from the village of Sypniewo, 25 years old, living with her parents in Sypniewo.

It happened in Przasnysz, on October 29th/November 10th, 1840, at 10 a.m.
Groom: Joachim Titke, a farmer in Sypniewo commune Sieluń, a bachelor, an evangelical religion, 30 years old, the older son of Joachim and Wilhelmine nee Eichler the Titke spouses, the farmers in Sypniewo, the family came from ?Sziebkau.
Bride: Karolina Düwert nee Koeppen, a widow of the late Joachim, who died on July 11th/23rd, 1837 and was a farmer in Sypniewo, the older daughter of the late Kacper and Luiza nee Vetur, the Koeppen spouses, father was a laborer in Sypniewo, an evangelical religion, 42 years old, living in Sypniewo, the family came from ?Holchausen.

Here we have the situation where none of the bride and groom submitted birth documents which confirmed when, where they were born and who their parents were. It was written so called "akt znania".
“Akt znania” is a type of document that was attached to the marriage certificate if the original birth/baptism document or other documents could not be presented. For example, because of the distance from the place of birth. Then someone who knows the family would provide information that is known to him (age, place of origin, parents' names...).

I have asked Michael, who translates the German records at the Forum, if he could help find the places where the Koeppen family came from.

Regards,
-Barb

Thank you very much Barb. That’s the places and names I translated too. Another member from this travelling “quartet” was also married there and his record listed the parents as Kasper and Bogumila (with no maiden name if I recall), and also mentioned Holchausen. There was a death record in Sypniewo for a “Maryanne” Keppen leaving a widower named Kasper. I had researched deaths prior to a certain time period as I found one of these Keppens within “the group” had a child and Kasper was listed in the record (as being present or that he owned or lived in the house… or something like that), but no mention of the wife. There could be multiple marriages for Kasper possibly, but still there are too many other discrepancies in every record I find. These two records, being the same Koppen, I hoped would offer some explanation. My ancestors are keeping their secrets close I guess!
KimAbe

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:17 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation/comparison of 2 records

BarbOslo wrote:

Regards,
-Barb

Thank you for this additional help. There are many references on google to multiple villages named Holzhausen in what’s now modern day Germany (it’s overwelming), however I found one other reference online that was interesting:

“Holzhausen is the former German name of the village of Nabyszyce in Ostrom, Wielkopolski County, in West Central Poland”. This is the most promising!
dswitaj1

Replies: 189

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:19 pm      Post subject: Translation

Hello Barb.
I have attached the birth record of Adam.
Can you please translate.
Thank you again !!

Szymczyk, Adam birth cr.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  297.86 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Szymczyk, Adam birth cr.jpg

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:59 am      Post subject: Re: Translation

dswitaj1 wrote:
Hello Barb.
I have attached the birth record of Adam.
Thank you again !!

92. Brzozowa
It happened in the village of Lipniki on September 8th /21st, 1911, at 10 a.m.
Appeared Józef Szymczak, 40 years old, a farmer, living in the village of Brzozowa in the presence of Stanisław Chrostowski, 50 years old and Piotr Bulak, 50 years old, both farmers living in the village of Brzozowa and presented Us a male infant child, informing that the child was born in Brzozowa, today, of the current year, at 6 a.m. to his wife, Franciszka nee Modrak, 30 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Adam, and the godparents were: Stanisław Chrostowski and Julianna Chrostowska.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses, and it was signed by Us only.
Illegible signature

Regards,
-Barb
dswitaj1

Replies: 189

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:40 am      Post subject: Translation

Hi Barb.
Attached is the death record of Adam.
Thank you !!

Szymczyk, Adam death cr.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  146.93 KB

Szymczyk, Adam death cr.JPG

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:30 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation

dswitaj1 wrote:
Hi Barb.
Thank you !!

The translation follows:
No. 150. Brzozowa
It happened in the village of Lipniki, on February 2nd / 15th, 1912, at 1 p.m.
Appeared Piotr Bulak, 30 years old and Józef Bulak, 45 years old, both farmers living in the village of Brzozowa and they declared that yesterday of the current year, at 7 a.m., in the village of Brzozowa, where he was born and lived, died Adam Szymczyk, 4 months old of the current year, a son of Józef and Franciszka nee Madrak, the Szymczyk spouses, the farmers.
After convinced myself about the death of Adam Szymczyk, this act was read to the illiterate declarants, and it was signed by Us only.
Priest- illegible signature

-Barb
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4205

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:31 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation

BarbOslo wrote:
dswitaj1 wrote:
Hi Barb.
Thank you !!

The translation follows:
No. 150. Brzozowa
It happened in the village of Lipniki, on February 2nd / 15th, 1912, at 1 p.m.
Appeared Piotr Bulak, 30 years old and Józef Bulak, 45 years old, both farmers living in the village of Brzozowa and they declared that yesterday of the current year, at 7 a.m., in the village of Brzozowa, where he was born and lived, died Adam Szymczyk, 4 months old of the current year, a son of Józef and Franciszka nee Madrak, the Szymczyk spouses, the farmers.
After convinced myself about the death of Adam Szymczyk, this act was read to the illiterate declarants, and it was signed by Us only.
Priest- illegible signature

-Barb

Few corrections:

Act number 15
Piotr Bulak, 50 years old.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
arielvfu

Replies: 60

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:54 am      Post subject:

Please help with the translation- super important are the names (and geneological info) of the newlyweds as well as locations mentioned.

Thank you

LEWEK HILARY MARRIAGE.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.81 MB

LEWEK HILARY MARRIAGE.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4205

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:02 pm      Post subject:

arielvfu wrote:
Please help with the translation- super important are the names (and geneological info) of the newlyweds as well as locations mentioned.

Thank you

I ma working on it.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
arielvfu

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:11 pm      Post subject:

Thank you!

marcelproust wrote:
arielvfu wrote:

Thank you

I ma working on it.
arielvfu

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:01 pm      Post subject:

Please (number 10) as well:

https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=pg&id=1057&se=&sy=1814&kt=1&plik=007-010.jpg&x=2254&y=1507&zoom=1

thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 577, 578, 579, 580, 581  Next Page 578 of 581

Jump to: