PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:13 am      Post subject: The Drancza Index

Hi All,

My name is Kori Maleski. My family is originally from Drancza Polska, Radziwillow, Dubno, Volhynia, Poland.

I have - with great help from a new found relative, indexed the Catholic Parish records for the area. We are in the process of completing the indexing for the neighbouring town and area of Suchowola, Brody, Tarnopol, Poland (Galicia). This should be complete in the next month or two.

The index contains the majority of families in their entirety - with some errors and omissions. It will be updated and corrected in the coming months. Beyond being simply a birth/marriage/death index - I have related the families based on witnesses and sponsors as well as supplementary information. Everyone within the index at this stage is related biologically or by marriage. Unrelated families will be added as work progresses. Again, families from Suchowola and Brody will be added soon.

Http://www.drancza.org

If you have any supplementary information to add or have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kori
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:48 am      Post subject: Re: The Drancza Index

kmaleski wrote:
Hi All,

My name is Kori Maleski. My family is originally from Drancza Polska, Radziwillow, Dubno, Volhynia, Poland.

I have - with great help from a new found relative, indexed the Catholic Parish records for the area. We are in the process of completing the indexing for the neighbouring town and area of Suchowola, Brody, Tarnopol, Poland (Galicia). This should be complete in the next month or two.

The index contains the majority of families in their entirety - with some errors and omissions. It will be updated and corrected in the coming months. Beyond being simply a birth/marriage/death index - I have related the families based on witnesses and sponsors as well as supplementary information. Everyone within the index at this stage is related biologically or by marriage. Unrelated families will be added as work progresses. Again, families from Suchowola and Brody will be added soon.

If you have any supplementary information to add or have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Excellent job, Kori! Though I don't have any relatives from that area it is always a pleasure to find researchers who give their best to help others.

Keep up the good work!

Gilberto

Kori
Send e-mail
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:04 am      Post subject: Re: The Drancza Index

kmaleski wrote:
Hi All,

Kori

Kori,

May I join Gilberto's message and congratulate you for the website and indexed database. Excellent news, thank you.

Elzbieta
MDuplaga
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 103

Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:16 pm      Post subject: The Drancza Index

Kori,

This Index is very nicely Organized and Presented. It is obvious that a massive amount of time and effort has been spent to put it all together. Thank you for sharing it with us. I'm sure it will be very useful to people researching that specific area in Poland.

MaryAnne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: