PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:18 pm      Post subject: Baranovichy near Minsk - Maria Gajewska

Hi the name Maria Gajewsk would of been my grandmother but know nothing about her as my mother Genowefa Boguniecka was taken out of Poland when she was young. Never really understood the full story.

Genowefa settled in kidderminster in the UK, married another fellow polish man Jan Szaban. His family was also Split up, never found Jan brother, his sister ended up in America unsure of the parents of either person. the other are mentioned was lipney staire.
I would love to be able to gather any information on these people.

ay help greatly received Anita Szaban
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:46 pm      Post subject: Re: Baranovichy near Minsk - Maria Gajewska

anitaszaban wrote:
Hi the name Maria Gajewsk would of been my grandmother but know nothing about her as my mother Genowefa Boguniecka was taken out of Poland when she was young. Never really understood the full story.

Genowefa settled in kidderminster in the UK, married another fellow polish man Jan Szaban. His family was also Split up, never found Jan brother, his sister ended up in America unsure of the parents of either person. the other are mentioned was lipney staire.
I would love to be able to gather any information on these people.

ay help greatly received Anita Szaban

Anita,

No idea what UNB stands for.
Gilberto

gb.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  34.13 KB
 Viewed:  10980 Time(s)

gb.JPG

Send e-mail
Magroski49

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:51 pm      Post subject:

Maybe this one is your Jan?

js.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  70.68 KB

js.JPG

Send e-mail
Magroski49

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:53 pm      Post subject:

Jan's brother

ss.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  67.67 KB

ss.JPG

Send e-mail
Magroski49

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:10 pm      Post subject: Re: Baranovichy near Minsk - Maria Gajewska

anitaszaban wrote:
the other are mentioned was lipney staire.

Could you clarify this? There is a place named Lipniki Stare, in pultusk powiat, mazowieckie province.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
anitaszaban

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:31 am      Post subject: Re: Baranovichy near Minsk - Maria Gajewska

Magroski49 wrote:
anitaszaban wrote:

Could you clarify this? There is a place named Lipniki Stare, in pultusk powiat, mazowieckie province.

Gilberto

Hi many thanks for your efforts in helping me, all I have is names written on paper that are hard to read ?
I was led to believe Jan Szaban lived on a farm with his parents maybe about 256 miles of warsaw, The name Stolowice which changed to Stolovichy and is now in Belarus may of been where he was from ?

Where Genowefa's family lived was about 15 miles from warsaw ?
I do have some documents I will try and look for them shortly x
anitaszaban

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:37 am      Post subject: Re: Baranovichy near Minsk - Maria Gajewska

anitaszaban wrote:
Magroski49 wrote:
anitaszaban wrote:

Gilberto

Hi many thanks for your efforts in helping me, all I have is names written on paper that are hard to read ?
I was led to believe Jan Szaban lived on a farm with his parents maybe about 256 miles of warsaw, The name Stolowice which changed to Stolovichy and is now in Belarus may of been where he was from ?

Where Genowefa's family lived was about 15 miles from warsaw ?
I do have some documents I will try and look for them shortly x

I have found 3 passports, 2 for genowefa I uk and 1 polish in the uk passport it statesplace and date of birth as 9.9.26 PRZYTULY
jan's uk passport states 8.8.24 BARANOWICZE
Magroski49

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:12 am      Post subject:

Anita,

There are nothing less than 13 Przytuly. However, I am inclined to think it could be this one:
woj. mazowieckie
pow. makowski
gmina Krasnosielc

It lies about 20 miles Myszniec, where some Bogunieck lived about 1900. There I found the birth of a Adolf Bogunieck, in 1905. If he married at 20 years old or so, he could be Genowefa's father. Does the passport tellher parents' names?

Gilberto

gb.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  92.35 KB

gb.JPG

mysz.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  80.95 KB

mysz.JPG

Send e-mail
anitaszaban

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:28 am      Post subject: help

here is my private emal if u message me on their I can send documents to view ? [email protected]
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:46 am      Post subject:

Jumping in your conversation.

Gilberto, I think that UNB in "straty" might be an English code for Unknown Birthplace, it is for children who were deported to Germany with their parents, then parents were taken away.

Anita, Baranowicze are circa 12 km from Stolovichi, both now in Belarus. It is circa 400 km (your 256 miles) east of Warsaw.

Gilberto, the places on Szaban's records are the place where they were arrested, followed by names of camps of prisoners: Krzywy Rog now Kryvyï Rih, Oblast Dnipropetrovsk, in Ukraina, and Rowne-Lwow now Rivne, in Ukraina.

Best,
Elzbieta
anitaszaban

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:53 am      Post subject:

any help greatly received, I have original passports with dates and places of birth on
anitaszaban

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:54 am      Post subject:

I do know that genowefa was taken frm her gandparents home in the middle of the night
Magroski49

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:04 am      Post subject:

Elzbieta Porteneuve wrote:
Jumping in your conversation.

Gilberto, I think that UNB in "straty" might be an English code for Unknown Birthplace, it is for children who were deported to Germany with their parents, then parents were taken away.

Anita, Baranowicze are circa 12 km from Stolovichi, both now in Belarus. It is circa 400 km (your 256 miles) east of Warsaw.

Gilberto, the places on Szaban's records are the place where they were arrested, followed by names of camps of prisoners: Krzywy Rog now Kryvyï Rih, Oblast Dnipropetrovsk, in Ukraina, and Rowne-Lwow now Rivne, in Ukraina.

Best,
Elzbieta

Elzbieta,

Thanks for clarifying. Anita has just sent the passports. Genowefa was born in Przytuly, pow. ostrolecki. I gave her directions to order a copy of her birth record at the USC in Rzekun.
Those Szaban I have found are not the ones of Anita's, because the birth year does not match.

As to Baranowicze, since I found a Magrowski family from Lodz who lived there too, I have seen many and many people who were born somewhere else and went to Baranowicze. Just curious to know what was so attractive in Baranowicze that made many families moved.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:27 am      Post subject:

Magroski49 wrote:

As to Baranowicze, since I found a Magrowski family from Lodz who lived there too, I have seen many and many people who were born somewhere else and went to Baranowicze. Just curious to know what was so attractive in Baranowicze that made many families moved.

Gilberto

Gilberto,

You made me curious too.
I knew Baranowicze as a place associated to Orzeszkowa, and a little bit to Mickiewicz.

After reading wiki, I think railway was one of possible answers for Baranowicze.

Coming back to Orzeszkowa
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliza_Orzeszkowa

Orzeszkowa was a Polish writer, pozitivism style, which I did hate when in school. All her books is a kind of paternalistic education of poor, going towards the brilliant future. Her characters have explicit names, so even an idiot is able to understand what she intended to demonstrate. She was very prolific writer, and one could not escape her boring stuff.

Best,
Elzbieta
Beatta

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:29 pm      Post subject:

UNB - unbroken - nieokreślony ?
Beatta
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next Page 1 of 2

Jump to: