PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:08 am      Post subject: Searching for Kopczyk and Uliasz Relatives

I am searching for my husbands grandparents and other extended family. The few records I have found in the U.S. have listed his grandfather as Anthony (Antoni) Kopczyk, Kupczyk, Kopick, Kopcik and Kopec and grandmother as Laura (Walerja or Valerie) Uliasz or Ulajsz, born in Poland or Austria (Czech, Hungary, Russia or Prussia), living and death in Trenton, New Jersey.

Anyone with any information on these names would be greatly appreciated. The tree is as follows:
Husband: Anthony Kopczyk (April 15, 1880 - 1947) and Wife: Laura Uliasz (1888 - 1941)
Children: Frances, Estelle, Joseph, Josephine, Michael, Alfred, Helen and Lorraine. Very Happy

Anthony's birthplace is said to be Austria or Poland (Niewistka, Rzeszów)
Laura's birthplace is unknown, but said to be Austria or Poland
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 960

Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:28 pm      Post subject:

Hello,

To find Laura's birth village, I suggest you contact either the church where they married in Trenton or the diocese of Trenton and request their sacramental marriage record.
https://dioceseoftrenton.org/

Or, you can contact the civil records office in Trenton and request a copy of their civil marriage license application which usually includes parents names and location of birth.

http://www.trentonnj.org/Cit-e-Access/webpage.cfm?TID=55&TPID=6525

As to Niewistka, Rzeszów, I have not found any online records for this area. You will need to identify the parish churches in the area and either contact them individually in Poland to request a search for records, or you can try contacting the archdiocese of Przemysl and request a search (I did not have any luck with them myself).

Another option is to contact the State Archives in Przemysl. I did this for some of my relatives and after much time and patience, I did receive the records after I figured out the mystery of doing wire transfers for payment. I have found it very difficult to research my ancestors from the Przemysl area, which is why I ended up doing the last option which follows....

You can hire a local researcher in the Przemysl area to do the contacting and leg work for you. I ended up doing this and found about a dozen relatives. I also found the rates to be very reasonable. Perhaps PO has some researchers you can engage. If not, I am happy to provide you with the name of the person I used. Just private email me via PO.

Best of luck,
Cynthia
Send e-mail
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:39 am      Post subject:

Cynthia, Mkopczyk,

As for researchers in Przemysl there are two the best. Lucjan, who will be one of your your guides this September is one of them. But I am sure you are already aware of that Smile.

Anyway, Mkopczyk, if you need contact details please contact me by private message.
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: