PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:47 am      Post subject: Looking for information on ancestors, Nowak, Nostek, Chlebna

Looking for information on Nowak's and Nostek's, former resided in Chlebna and latter in Glinik Polski. Almost all of the Nostek's came to US early 1900's, only Joesph stayed in Poland. Only three of the Nowak's stayed in Poland, namely Walter, Stanley and Suzanne. Both of the families came to Lowell, Mass. If anyone out there can help me; let me know. I wish to have their birth records and information on their parents.If you need any other information contact me at [email protected]. Thank You. John L. Donovan
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1473

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:48 pm      Post subject:

Welcome to the Forum John Smile ,

Unfortunately, records from area of Krosno, Jaslo as well as many other regions in old Galicia (southern and south-eastern part of today's Poland) are rarely available in Polish State Archives or filmed by LDS. The old books are often stored locally in parishes or in Bishop Archives, which are not available for "remote" search, you (or someone on your behalf). It also happens that the records just no longer exist.

The same is in case of your villages. There are no records in State Archives for Chlebna, which back then belonged to Jedlicze parish. For Glinik Polski, old Łężyny parish, there are only records from years 1890-1896 in the State Archives branch in Skołyszyn.

Now you can either visit the area (I cordially invite you to take your Forefathers Traces Tour - click here: http://polishorigins.com/document/ftt_offer ) or hire someone to do the research for you in the spot.

For finding and hiring genealogist from this area I highly recommend you to visit our partners' site: http://genealogyfreelancers.com/ .

Good luck!

(Off-topic: We strongly advise you to not to reveal your e-mail addresses or any other private information in Forum to avoid spamming of unwanted messages. We encourage you to communicate with other Members through PolishOrigins Forum or Private Messages. You don't have to reveal your e-maill address while communicating these ways. Read more in our Community Guidelines and Privacy Policy. )
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: