PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 88

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:47 am      Post subject: Hataburda

Does anyone have any information regarding the last name Hataburda? This was my great-uncle's name. He was born in Poland. The family seems to think it is a derivative of another name. We've never heard of the name before beyond our family.
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:29 pm      Post subject:

Hi Lisa,

I am delayed with my reply this time (I just came back from vacation with my family) but I noticed that your received many helpful responses to your question in genforum, among others from my friend, great genealogist, Tad Wysocki Smile.

For all others who are interested in the meaning of Hataburda or Hałaburda or Haraburda surname click here: http://genforum.genealogy.com/poland/messages/47846.html
Send e-mail
Lisa

Replies: 88

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:27 pm      Post subject: Hataburda/Halaburda

Hi Zenon,

I hope you and your family had a pleasant vacation.

I did indeed get several helpful replies regarding the surname "Hataburda/Halaburda." It's actually the maiden name of an elderly cousin. Her family is the only one in our area with this name, and so she is curious about its origins. I thought I would help her. She is quite pleased with the results Very Happy

My experiences with you, Tad and others have been very positive, and I thank you all for your continued help in tracing my family's Polish roots!

Best Regards,

Lisa Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Origins of surnames All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: