PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:40 am      Post subject: Perz family

I am researching the Perz family (brothers) JOHN ,JAMES<LAWRENCE. all I know is John left Poland in 1883 or 1885, he was in Philly in 1887 where he married Michalina Jakubowski,they had two children in philly before moving to Angelica Wi. James and Lawrence lived in the Detroit area in 1934 according to Johns obit. I'm also looking for living relatives of our family to share family history. thanks rinny
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:44 am      Post subject:

Welcome the Forum Rinny,

Both surnames, especially Jakubowski, are very popular in Poland. Without any clues of possible place of birth, or at least last residence of your ancestors, it is almost impossible to find any information about family history or living relatives...
Send e-mail
rinny11

Replies: 21

Post Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:58 pm      Post subject: More info

I found that Michalina’s father was Vincentius Jakubowski , her mother was Francesca Piakoska, they were married in Karneszewo ,Poland. That being said I can’t seem to find any more information. I searched LDS and Ancestry. Any suggestions on where else to search?
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2783

Post Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:54 pm      Post subject: Re: More info

rinny11 wrote:
I found that Michalina’s father was Vincentius Jakubowski , her mother was Francesca Piakoska, they were married in Karneszewo ,Poland. That being said I can’t seem to find any more information. I searched LDS and Ancestry. Any suggestions on where else to search?

Hi rinny,

The village where Wincenty & Franciszka lived at the time of their marriage in 1840 was Karniszewo, which belonged to the parish of Sokolniki. Records for that parish are available on Family Search. There are two sets of records, the parish metrical books and the civil copy of those books. The parish copy is available online and the civil copy is also available but must be viewed at a Family History Center or affiliate public library.

Their marriage record (#18) spans 2 pages and here are the links to the pages: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSM8-MS8X-R?i=7&cat=1043446
and: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSM8-MS8X-2?i=8&cat=1043446

The record is in Polish and here is a translation: (#) 18 Karniszewo 1840, on the 22nd day of November I also joined in marriage Wincenty Jakubowski, 29 years of age with Franciszka Piaskoska, a single woman, 18 years of age, with the consent of the parents, (&) after all three banns had been promulgated, and in the presence of the witnesses Józef Kapcia(?) and Stanisław Kaniewski.

It appears that the parish of Sokolniki would be the place to search for their children and possibly for their birth records.

Wishing you good searching,

Dave
rinny11

Replies: 21

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:31 am      Post subject:

Thank you Dave.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: