PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Russian records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 236, 237, 238  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 370

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:22 pm      Post subject:

Oh, how exciting! On the others it says all were illiterate and I just wondered about the parents. Stanislaw is my great grandfather. My grandfather (who died when my mother was young) had an occupation of a "correspondent" and had the MOST BEAUTIFUL handwriting. I thought, how/why would they have sent him to business school (as found in other records in the states) if they were illiterate? Or was it because they were? Knowing he could sign his own name is wonderful for me to know! Thank you so much!
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:56 pm      Post subject:

Just a reminder: When a notation of "illiterate," appears in a Russian record, it means only that the witnesses did not read or write the official style of Russian used in the records. Also, these record books were not necessarily compiled when the witnesses were present. If the compiler was working from his notes, and the witnesses were long gone, it was easier for him to write "illiterate," and continue on to the next task!
EANWhitson
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:59 pm      Post subject:

I wondered about that - (perhaps it was only Cyrillic they didn't understand). Thank you for explaining that.
sheep17
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 123

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:08 pm      Post subject: THANK YOU

Ryszard,

I really appreciate the Cichocki translations from Russian! I was doubtful about them, because the records
look as though the ink bled into the paper, and getting a reasonably clear copy was difficult.
Thank you very much.

Leonore
Magroski49

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:44 am      Post subject:

Ryszard,

Do you think the word after Grodzisnko is written in cyrlic?
If so, could it refer to Prużana?

Thank you,
Gilberto

t_lugar_104.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.52 KB
 Viewed:  16726 Time(s)

t_lugar_104.jpg

Send e-mail
EANWhitson
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:42 pm      Post subject: Zapisek birth 1876

No. 61, birth. No. 31, death. Thank you!

Zapisek, Walerya, death No. 31 1875.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  817.98 KB
 Viewed:  9629 Time(s)

Zapisek, Walerya, death No. 31 1875.jpg

Zapisek, 1876, birth No. 61.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  924.09 KB

Zapisek, 1876, birth No. 61.jpg

Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:38 pm      Post subject:

For Gilberto,

No, it doesn't look like Cyrillic, but I am fairly certain it is Pruszana.
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:11 pm      Post subject:

Zapisek birth and death:

No. 31
Wysocze Bartosy

Compiled in Wasewo on 21 March/1 April, 1875, at 3:00 PM. Appeared Franciszek Zapisek, day laborer in Wysocze Bartosy, 32, father of the deceased, and Bonifacy Pazyk, church sexton at Wasewo, 61, and declared that on 19/31 of March of this year at 1:00 PM, there died in Wysocze Bartosy WALERYA ZAPISEK, residing in Wysocze Bartosy, age three months, born in Wysocze Bartosy, daughter of the legal marriage of the aforementioned Franciszek Zapisek and his wife Ewa nee Dziekonska. Eyewitness testimony of the death of Walerya Zapisek verified. This act read aloud to the illiterate witnesses and signed by me. Fr. W. Tabenski, administrator of Wasewo parish and registrar of civil acts.

No. 61
Wysocze Bartosy

[Marginal note: The words written over have no meaning. Fr. W. Tabenski.]

Compiled in Wasewo on 15/27 May, 1876, at 8:00 AM. Appeared Franciszek Zapisek, day laborer residing in Wysocze Bartosy, in the poresence of Julian Chrzanowski, farmer, 42, residing in Wysocze Bartosy, and Franziszek Grabowski, farmer residing in Brzezenka [Brzezinka?], 47, and presented us with a male infant, declaring that he was born in Wysocze Bartosy on 13/25 May of this year at 8:00 AM, of his legal wife Ewa nee Dziekonska, 29. At the rite of Holy Baptism conducted today by Fr. Wincenty Tabenski, the child was given the name of TEOFIL. Godparents were Adam Krukowski and Zusanna Krukowska. This act read aloud to the illiterate witnesses and signed only by me. Fr. Wincenty Tabenski, administrator of Wasewo parish and registrar of civil acts.
Magroski49

Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:22 am      Post subject:

Ryszard,

Could you translate this reply from Archives in Belarus?

Здравствуйте, Лидия!

09.08.2013 на Ваш домашний адрес был отправлен ответ об отсутствии
сведений о рождении Дрогун Петра Матвеевича в документах архива.

Thanks,
Gilberto
Send e-mail
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:16 pm      Post subject:

Hello, Lydia!

On 09.08.2013 a reply was sent to your home addres regarding the absence of information in the archive documents about the birth of Drogun, Peter Matveevich.
Magroski49

Post Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:45 am      Post subject:

Ryszard,

I would appreciate your translation for these records of the Rutsch family.
Thanks in advance.

Registro_CAS_ Rutsch_&_ Heller_Fl 605_n 57_1872.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  568.95 KB

Registro_CAS_ Rutsch_&_ Heller_Fl 605_n 57_1872.jpg

Registro_BAT_ Alwina Rutsch_241_n 482_1877.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.23 MB

Registro_BAT_ Alwina Rutsch_241_n 482_1877.jpg

Reg_OBT_ Jan Fryderyk Rutsch_n 245_1883.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  306.22 KB

Reg_OBT_ Jan Fryderyk Rutsch_n 245_1883.jpg

Send e-mail
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:49 pm      Post subject:

Hello, Gilberto,

Here they are:

No. 57
Lodz

Compiled in Lodz on May 8/20,, 1871. We declare that in the presence of witnesses Nikifor Brinski [signature is Bren], 32, and Ludowik Komornicki, 38, both local weavers, that concluded today was the religious marital union between IVAN [JOHANN] FRIEDRICH RUTSCH, single, local weaver, 22 years of age, born in Belchatow [or Belatow?], son of Anna Elisaweta Rutsch, married name now Kern; and KAROLINA AMALIA HELLER, single, 21 years of age, born in Konstantinov, daughter of Karl Heller, weaver, and his deceased wife Matilda nee Kindermann, she resides in Lodz with friends. The marriage was preceded with the publication of the Banns of Marriage, proclaimed in the local Evangelical Lutheran church on Sunday, April 16/28, and the two successive Sundays. No prenuptial agreement was concluded between the newlyweds. This act read aloud to the illiterate, and signed by the two witnesses and me.

Pastor [?]

Nikifor Bren
Ludwik Komornicki

No. 482
Lodz

Compiled in Lodz on May 9/21, 1877. Appeared Friedrich Rutsch, local weaver, 23 years of age, in the presence of Anton Olszewski, turner, 30, and Friedrich Heller, weaver, 27, all local residents, and presented us with a female infant born in Lodz this May 3/15 at 5:00 AM of his legal wife Karolina Heller, 22 years of age. At the rite of Holy Baptism conducted today, the child was given the name of ALWINA. Godparents were the aforementioned witnesss and Matilda Krumpf. This act read aloud to the illiterate and signed only by me. Pastor [?]

No. 245
Lodz

Compiled in Lodz on March 1/13, 1883, at 5:00 PM. Appeared Frydryk Rutsch, nephew of the deceased, 34, and Friedrich Regel, 28, both local weavers, who declared that today at 2:00 PM in Lodz, there died local resident, laborer Ivan [Jan] Rutsch, 64, born in Konowy, son of parents unknown to the witnesses. He leave behind his widowed wife, Anna Dorota, nee Steinke. Eyewitness testimony of the death of Jan Rutsch verified. This act read aloud to the illiterate and signed by the witness and me.

Pastor [?]
Friedrich Regel
EANWhitson
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:28 pm      Post subject:

Can someone show me what the surname Reczko would look like in Cyrillic? I'd like to look through some records in Nur, but need to know what I'm looking for.
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:42 am      Post subject:

I cannot reproduce the hand-written version, but this is the Russian printed version:

Речко
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:31 am      Post subject: Russian Cyrillic Alphabet

Staripolak64 wrote:
I cannot reproduce the hand-written version, but this is the Russian printed version:

Речко

With the following table and Richard's printed version you can see hand-written one.
http://www.rususa.com/data/pictures/misc/russian-alphabet.jpg

[ from http://www.rususa.com/dictionary/alphabet.asp ]

Best,
Elzbieta
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 236, 237, 238  Next Page 61 of 238

Jump to: