PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 88

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:59 pm      Post subject: Blank House Number on Birth Records

I have a copy of a birth index for the period of time when my aunt was born in Poland. At the time her family had just moved from Luslawice to Konzyska. For every other baby listed on this record there's a house number. My aunt's birth is the only one without a house number. (There is a line that was written in place of a number, so it'd seem to me that it was not accidentally forgotten.)

Would anyone know the reason why?

Thanks!

Lisa : )
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1000

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:47 pm      Post subject:

Hi Lisa,
In the records that I looked at for my family village, there were several marriages for people who lived in another village. In those cases, the house number was blank. Is it possible that your family was still considered to be from Luslawice on this birth date? House numbers are very interesting but I rarely see anything written about them. I was told that house numbers changed many times over the centuries, but as you and I have found on the Latter Day Saints microfilms, in some villages the house numbers of our ancestors were pretty consistent. I hope you can figure out this mystery!
Shellie
Lisa

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:59 pm      Post subject: House Numbers

Shellie,

As you know all too well, my family is shrouded in mystery LOL! It makes sense that they might've been in between houses when Stefania a/k/a my Aunt Estelle was born. When the family first arrived in this country they stayed with relatives before they found a home of their own. Perhaps they were staying with friends/family before getting their own place in Koncyzska.

As always, thanks for your help!

Lisa : )
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1000

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:13 pm      Post subject:

Maybe they were staying with Count Lanckoronski! LOL
Lisa

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:27 pm      Post subject:

That'd be funny though I really doubt it!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: