PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:19 pm      Post subject: Finding certificates

I am trying to trace my family tree. My grandfather Franciszek Chara was from Poland and after the war came to Australia.
I have a copy of what I think is his birth and baptism certificate. I am trying to figure what his parents names are so that I can go back a generation. The writing on the certificate is very hard to understand.
His mother's name is Jozefa Robakow. However his father's name I cannot understand. In english it was ?Marcell - I was wondering what common Polish names there were that maybe begin with M or sound similar to Marcell. Or is there a possiblitly of getting their marriage certificate without knowing his name???
They were from ?Trzeisi in Rzeszow? - or ?Sokolniki.
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:43 am      Post subject:

Welcome to the Forum Mel!

Can you show us here or send me to my e-mail the copy of your grandfather certificate? These hand-written certificates are really very often hard to read. However, maybe we will able to understand a little more and give you some hints for further research.
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: