PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:36 pm      Post subject: Rogoznik - near Czarny Dunajec and Nowy Targ

[b] If you or your ancestors are from this village, please leave a comment or query here. [/ B]

Rogoźnik is a village in southern Poland, near Czarny Dunajec, in the the administrative district of Gmina Nowy Targ, Malopolskie (Lesser Poland) Malta. The village has about 840 residents

There is also a much larger village named Rogoźnik (about 2750 people) in southern Poland. This one is in the administrative district of Gmina Bobrowniki, within Bedzin County, Silesian Voivodeship. It is located about 9 miles (15 km) north of Katowice. This thread is about the Rogoźnik village near Czarny Dunajec in the Nowy Targ area of Southern Poland.

Click this link to hear how to say Rogoźnik in Polish: http://say.expressivo.com/xmrC5xvm

See historic photos at the official village website:
http://www.rogoznik.bnx.pl/photogallery.php?album_id=39

[b] The following surnames are associated with the village name Rogoźnik. Most are from the Ellis Island website. No attempt has been made to correct Spellings - the names are shown here as they appeared in the Ellis Island search results. Please note that some surnames may be from Rogoźnik in the Silesian Voivodeship: [/ b]

Aloysius, Banik, Bobek, birches, Budz, Budz, Bukonski, Bukowski, Butzowska, Cisek, Duda, Fedrzej, Fudala, Fylke, Gacek, Gaza, or worse, Gurz, gusy, Gush, tumor, Haberny, Hajmesz, Hajnas, HAJNOS , Harn, Hojus, Hrozek, Hul, Kaperda, Komperda, Kevak, Kiet, Kivak, Kroczka, Kwak, Chan, Latecha, Latoba, Latocha, Latocka, Ligas, Lotaha, Marcin, Marek, Mierwa, molek, Mrczek, Mrozek, Mucha , Panek, Prajs, Rzonca, Sciscowicz, Scislovic, Skubel, Smolik, Sojka, Tomperda, Tulk, Tylka, Zarycki

If you know of a surname for this village, please post it on this thread.
Thanks!

Photos below taken July 2009 during my Forefather's Traces Tour with Zenon! Click on the photos for larger view.

Rogoznik map.png
 Description:
Click on image for larger view
 Filesize:  404.33 KB
 Viewed:  23699 Time(s)

Rogoznik map.png

Rogoznik July 2009.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  393.58 KB

Rogoznik July 2009.jpg

Last edited by Shellie on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Shellie

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:34 am      Post subject:

The website for this village has some great photos, both current and vintage. I've posted a few here below - there are over 14 pages of vintage photos!

Visit the village site here:
http://www.rogoznik.bnx.pl/news.php

Unidentified - Rogoznik.jpg
 Description:
Click on photo to enlarge
See more photos at this site: http://www.rogoznik.bnx.pl
 Filesize:  1.06 MB

Unidentified - Rogoznik.jpg

Rogoznik website photos.jpg
 Description:
Click on photo to enlarge.
from http://www.rogoznik.bnx.pl
 Filesize:  983.14 KB

Rogoznik website photos.jpg

Robert Mrozek

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:28 pm      Post subject: Re: Rogoznik - near Czarny Dunajec and Nowy Targ

Shellie wrote:
If you or your ancestors are from this village, please leave a comment or query here. [/ B]

Rogoźnik is a village in southern Poland, near Czarny Dunajec, in the the administrative district of Gmina Nowy Targ, Malopolskie (Lesser Poland) Malta. The village has about 840 residents

There is also a much larger village named Rogoźnik (about 2750 people) in southern Poland. This one is in the administrative district of Gmina Bobrowniki, within Bedzin County, Silesian Voivodeship. It is located about 9 miles (15 km) north of Katowice. This thread is about the Rogoźnik village near Czarny Dunajec in the Nowy Targ area of Southern Poland.

Click this link to hear how to say Rogoźnik in Polish: http://say.expressivo.com/xmrC5xvm

See historic photos at the official village website:
http://www.rogoznik.bnx.pl/photogallery.php?album_id=39

[b] The following surnames are associated with the village name Rogoźnik. Most are from the Ellis Island website. No attempt has been made to correct Spellings - the names are shown here as they appeared in the Ellis Island search results. Please note that some surnames may be from Rogoźnik in the Silesian Voivodeship: [/ b]

Aloysius, Banik, Bobek, birches, Budz, Budz, Bukonski, Bukowski, Butzowska, Cisek, Duda, Fedrzej, Fudala, Fylke, Gacek, Gaza, or worse, Gurz, gusy, Gush, tumor, Haberny, Hajmesz, Hajnas, HAJNOS , Harn, Hojus, Hrozek, Hul, Kaperda, Komperda, Kevak, Kiet, Kivak, Kroczka, Kwak, Chan, Latecha, Latoba, Latocha, Latocka, Ligas, Lotaha, Marcin, Marek, Mierwa, molek, Mrczek, Mrozek, Mucha , Panek, Prajs, Rzonca, Sciscowicz, Scislovic, Skubel, Smolik, Sojka, Tomperda, Tulk, Tylka, Zarycki

If you know of a surname for this village, please post it on this thread.
Thanks!

Photos below taken July 2009 during my Forefather's Traces Tour with Zenon! Click on the photos for larger view.
Quote:

++++++++++++++++++++

My family names are in this list; Kwak, Mrozek, Molek, Panek, Tylka and THOSE NOT LISTED ARE LEJA, BARON.

I would like to get info from the church or cemetery on some relatives. ANY IDEAS ON HOW I CAN GET THE INFO?

Robert Mrozek
Georgia

Replies: 12

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:38 pm      Post subject:

Hello Robert and Shellie and Happy Easter to all!
Tylka and Panek are names in my tree. My Babcia was born in Rogoznik and baptized in Ludzmierz in 1894. I am not sure there was a church in Rogoznik at the time of her birth. There is an old wooden church and a second Roman Catholic Church as I recall, but neither was open during the day or in the evening. The cemetery in Rogoznik is small and well tended. I have some photos from the cemetery in Rogoznik. The cemetery in Ludzmierz is larger and there are some older graves. You can easily see the older graves by the type of grave marker. I have pictures from Ludzmierz as well. Have not found the priest at Ludzmierz welcoming to visitors, even though I still have family living in the area. A researcher in the area traced my Tylkas back to the 1740s. Would you like to compare notes?
Georgia
Robert Mrozek

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:05 am      Post subject:

Georgia wrote:
Hello Robert and Shellie and Happy Easter to all!
Tylka and Panek are names in my tree. My Babcia was born in Rogoznik and baptized in Ludzmierz in 1894. I am not sure there was a church in Rogoznik at the time of her birth. There is an old wooden church and a second Roman Catholic Church as I recall, but neither was open during the day or in the evening. The cemetery in Rogoznik is small and well tended. I have some photos from the cemetery in Rogoznik. The cemetery in Ludzmierz is larger and there are some older graves. You can easily see the older graves by the type of grave marker. I have pictures from Ludzmierz as well. Have not found the priest at Ludzmierz welcoming to visitors, even though I still have family living in the area. A researcher in the area traced my Tylkas back to the 1740s. Would you like to compare notes?
Georgia

Hi Georgia Happy Easter,

In 1983, I was in Poland on a construction project for a pharmaceutical plant in Tarchoman, NE of Warsaw.

I spent 6 hours at the church in Rogoznik searching for the records of my Mrozek and Kwak (maternal grandmother) relatives. We were unable to go back any further than the 1870 since there was a fire in the church ~1874 and the church records were lost.

I did get the certificates for a few of the family members and I will search my paper files for them and then I could scan and be able to share them as well as having a permanent digital record.

I did locate my Kwak family members (Cousins) in a small town Konoiwka, some 5 miles to the SW of Rogoznik and have photos of them. It started with visiting the town and then going to the church, since we came to an impasse while speaking with the Kwak family and I decided to go to the church to get info, to be sure we had the correct family. We did!

I would like to share whatever I have, but it may take a short time to locate all the paper records that I have accumulated.

I live in Norridge, Illinois and I see you are from Chicago.

Let’s continue after Easter.

Bob Mrozek
NL_Tree

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:06 pm      Post subject:

Hello,

My great grandfather on my grandmother's side is Peter Paul Panek, born March 12, 1888 in Rogoznik, Nowy Targ, Austria-Poland. He married Antonia Nowobilsky who was born in 1887 in Austria-Poland.

I will be traveling to Poland in October 2015 to Zakopane. I would love to connect with any relatives in the Rogoznik area.
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:46 pm      Post subject:

Welcome to the Forum NL_Tree Smile ,

We have checked our databases and there are at least three Panek families living currently in Rogoźnik. There are also many Nowobilski families in the Nowy Targ county.

If you wanted we could help you in getting in touch with the Paneks (and Nowobilskis) and assist you in your trip to your family places. Just let us know Smile.
Send e-mail
NL_Tree

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:10 pm      Post subject:

Oh, that would be wonderful!

I also just found out that Antonia Nowobilski was from Bialka, if that helps narrow it down some more.

I will be on a guided tour in Zakopane on October 18th with some free time built into the schedule.
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:31 pm      Post subject:

There are at least 18 Nowobilskis in Białka Tatrzańska Exclamation

One of our genealogy guides from Krakow could come to Zakopane on that day and could try to help you in your family search. Please fill in the PO Genealogy Tour request form: http://bit.ly/genealogy_tour_poland for us to know more about your family and other details and we will check what specifically we can do for you.
Send e-mail
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 593

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:28 am      Post subject:

I have provided a list of Rogoznik villagers arriving at the Port of New York here:

http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=2893
sunshine5740

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:16 pm      Post subject:

Shellie wrote:
The website for this village has some great photos, both current and vintage. I've posted a few here below - there are over 14 pages of vintage photos!

My Great Grandmother Mary Kwak Mientus (Mintus) was born in Rogoznik and came to America in 1908. Does anyone have information on these photos? Mrozek and Tylka are names that come up in my DNA matches. Any information is appreciated since most of the information I have is after they came to America. I have ancestors in Pennsylvania and Chicago. My Grandparents were very active in Polish American League and often went to Chicago. Their last name was Ciszek.

Bonnie
Shellie

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:35 pm      Post subject:

Hi Bonnie,
I have not done much more about those photos since posting them, but I do know several people on this forum that have your family names in their trees. If you click each of the links below you will see a list of PolishOrigins members who list this surnname in their profiles and forum discussions that include the surnames
Kwak: http://polishorigins.com/?s=Kwak&x=0&y=0

Mientus: http://polishorigins.com/?s=Mientus&x=7&y=6

Mrozek: http://polishorigins.com/?s=Mrozek&x=0&y=0

Tyka: http://polishorigins.com/?s=Tylka&x=0&y=0

Ciszek: http://polishorigins.com/?s=Ciszek&x=0&y=0

I hope this helps get you going!
Shellie

sunshine5740 wrote:
Shellie wrote:

My Great Grandmother Mary Kwak Mientus (Mintus) was born in Rogoznik and came to America in 1908. Does anyone have information on these photos? Mrozek and Tylka are names that come up in my DNA matches. Any information is appreciated since most of the information I have is after they came to America. I have ancestors in Pennsylvania and Chicago. My Grandparents were very active in Polish American League and often went to Chicago. Their last name was Ciszek.

Bonnie
PolishPrincess2

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:27 am      Post subject:

Hi all,

Just found this forum but see that it is several years old. My great-great grandfather, Syzmon Kwak (dob 10/28/1863), stated on his US passport application that he was born in Rogoznik, Nowy Targ, Little Poland. He immigrated to the US in 1893 and took up residence in Wilkes-Barre, PA. Also, there was an affidavit on the application from his mother, Maryanna Kwak (age 90 in 1922), requesting he return home to Ludzmierz due to her failing health. He listed his father as Bartlomiej Kwak (deceased). His mother stated that her son, Ludwik Kwak, and daughter, Wiktorya Kwak (married name Czaja) still resided in Ludzmierz.

I have been unable to find any much information within Poland but have a lot since he arrived in the US.

Maybe we can connect some dots.

Libby Weinman
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:37 pm      Post subject:

PolishPrincess2 wrote:
Hi all,

Just found this forum but see that it is several years old. My great-great grandfather, Syzmon Kwak (dob 10/28/1863), stated on his US passport application that he was born in Rogoznik, Nowy Targ, Little Poland. He immigrated to the US in 1893 and took up residence in Wilkes-Barre, PA. Also, there was an affidavit on the application from his mother, Maryanna Kwak (age 90 in 1922), requesting he return home to Ludzmierz due to her failing health. He listed his father as Bartlomiej Kwak (deceased). His mother stated that her son, Ludwik Kwak, and daughter, Wiktorya Kwak (married name Czaja) still resided in Ludzmierz.

I have been unable to find any much information within Poland but have a lot since he arrived in the US.

Maybe we can connect some dots.

Libby Weinman

Hi Libby,

It appears that the records you would need are not available online. According to the attached snip from the Skorowidz the parish for Rogoźnik is Ludźmierz (earlier spelling: Ludzimierz).

Contact info for the parish can be found at this link: http://www.mbludzm.pl/parafia The contact info provides an email address.

Wishing you success,

Dave

Capture.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  194.53 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Capture.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: