PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:49 am      Post subject: Family Budnik, Chmura,

I look for family in USA
I have the following information

Chmura Family:
Klara Chmura born 3 August 1887
Apolonia Chmura born 12 July 1879
Thomas Chmura born 18 December 1884
Joseph Chmura born 23 August 1882
They were siblings and came from the Polish (Galicja)- village Gogolow. Gogołów
Their parents are Jakub Chmura and Rozalia Chmura ( maiden name Młyniec)

Budnik Family
Piotr Budnik born 22-26 March 1893 in Polska (Galicja)- Glinik Gorny
Parents: Michał Budnik and Franciszka
siblings: Victoria, Stanislaw,
emigrated to the USA in the years 1905-1920

Anna
Arana

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:37 am      Post subject:

Piotr Budnik 12 May 1913- date of arrival USA, wife Agata, Marriage 17 Nov 1914 Chicopee, , Massachusetts,
children Piotr and Agata: Jane Budnik, Henry Budnik, Theodore Budnik
Cheri Vanden Berg
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 497

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:07 pm      Post subject:

Hi, I found this information in an obituary index. Looks like Theodore's name was Thaddeus. Unfortunately, he died less than a year ago. Jane's married surname is Jazab. I found her in the 1940 census with her husband Stanley. I also found her in the Social Security death index. She was born 27 Sep 1915 and died 17 Dec 1984. I'll see what else I can find.

Name of Deceased: Thaddeus Budnik
Age at Death: 86
Death Date: 5 Apr 2012
Obituary Date: 8 Apr 2012
Newspaper Location: Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
Birth Date: 3 Nov 1925
Birth Place: Chicopee, Massachusetts, USA
Residence (at time of death): Chicopee, Massachusetts, USA
Spouse's Name: Ida Stone Budnik
Parents' Names: Peter Budnik [Agnes Drzal Budnik]
Childrens' Names: Laura Beaudry
Siblings' Names: Henry Budnick; Jane Jazab
Military: Army veteran

I also think I found the address of Thaddeus' daughter Laura. Even though it's public record, I will send you it by private message.
Cheri Vanden Berg

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:51 pm      Post subject: Re: Family Budnik, Chmura,

Arana wrote:
I look for family in USA
I have the following information

Chmura Family:
Klara Chmura born 3 August 1887
Apolonia Chmura born 12 July 1879
Thomas Chmura born 18 December 1884
Joseph Chmura born 23 August 1882
They were siblings and came from the Polish (Galicja)- village Gogolow. Gogołów
Their parents are Jakub Chmura and Rozalia Chmura ( maiden name Młyniec)

Anna

I believe I have found Joseph at Ellis Island. He arrived in NY 27 Apr 1905, he was going to a friend Stanislaw Budnik in the state of NY, I'm not sure of the town. I think he was in the Chicago census in 1930 & 1940. He married Julianna/Julia Budnick on 18 Jun 1912 in Chicago. Their children are Josephine born about 1914, Thomas born about 1915, Stanley born about 1917, Marie born about 1920, Matthew born about 1923, John born about 1925, and Agnes born about 1928.
I'll see if I can find information about any descendants in this family.

I think Thomas arrived in NY on 6 Mar 1910, he was also going to the state of NY, and I can't make out the name of the town. It did have the information that his father's name was Jakub on the ship manifest.

I might have found Apolonia arriving in NY on 7 Mar 1902, she was 23, and going to Anthony, Rhode Island. It's hard to read her contact in the U.S. {I was told that this is likely NOT the correct Apolonia}

Last edited by Cheri Vanden Berg on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arana

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:23 pm      Post subject:

Cheri Vanden Berg- I thank you with all my heart for your help Smile
Cheri Vanden Berg

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:56 pm      Post subject:

Anna,
I am very happy to help. So far I have found that I am following the correct Joseph Chmura's family. You can see his marriage record on this site: http://tinyurl.com/au3egoq
They married at St. Barbara Church in Chicago. His father is Jacob, and his mother Rosalia, but they have her surname spelled Moniec. Juliana's father was Joseph Budnik and her mother was Marianna Lisowska. I have not found any obituaries yet to see if I can find living relatives.
Arana

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:11 pm      Post subject:

Thank you Smile
Cheri Vanden Berg

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:54 pm      Post subject:

I figured out where Thomas Chmura came to when he arrived in the U.S. It was Tottenville, NY which is in Richmond County NY (Staten Island, New York) It looks like he stayed there and raised his family. Thomas died 16 Mar 1961 according to a family tree on Ancestry. It said he had married Angela Krempulec. Their children:
Mary Cecelia Chmura 1914-1993 married Andrew Kinelski, had at least 3 children, but are not named on the tree
Josephine born about 1917
Stanislaw 1918-1971
John 1920-1961
Walter 1923-2007
Stephanie 1925-2011 married William Sharkey, had at least 4 children, but are not named on the tree
Honorata 1930-
I don't know if this means that Honorata is still living. She had married Michael Thompson Lewis, and they had a son John Lewis, and 4 other children that weren't named on the tree.

Back in Chicago I found that Joseph and Julia (Budnik) Chmura's daughter Josephine married Joseph Mroczek on 24 Sep 1933. They had a daughter Therese who was born about 1936.

Last edited by Cheri Vanden Berg on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Cheri Vanden Berg

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:16 pm      Post subject:

The tree at Ancestry is called Cebula/Chmura/Bigda Family Tree which leads me to believe that the person that made it is a decendant of Apolonia because this is the information for her (I hope we hear from him):
Apolonia married Joseph Bigda who died in 1910. They had children:
Josephine 1904-1953
John 1907 -1928
Apolonia married Wawrzyniec Cebula 25 Jun 1913 in Putnam, Windham County, Connecticut, their children:
Brownislawa 1914- 1933
Frank 1915-1980
Edward 1917-1981
Apolonia died 6 Aug 1958 in Manchester, Hartford County, Connecticut

On this tree Klara is called Carolina, same birth date (3 Aug 1887), so I assume that Klara chose to be called Carolina in the U.S. She married John Polonczak, and they had a son Stanley 1915- 1982. The lived in New Bedford, Massachusetts in 1920. Carolina died 5 Nov 1981 in Palmer, Hampden County, Massachusetts.

As I've been finding these names, I've been trying to find possible living relatives in the online white pages. Another possibility might be Facebook...
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 593

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:50 pm      Post subject:

Cheri Vanden Berg wrote:
Anna,
I am very happy to help. So far I have found that I am following the correct Joseph Chmura's family. You can see his marriage record on this site: http://tinyurl.com/au3egoq
They married at St. Barbara Church in Chicago. His father is Jacob, and his mother Rosalia, but they have her surname spelled Moniec. Juliana's father was Joseph Budnik and her mother was Marianna Lisowska. I have not found any obituaries yet to see if I can find living relatives.

Anna and Cheri:
I found Joseph and Julia Chmura's obituaries that appeared in the Chicago Tribune:

1959-07-12, CHMURA, Edition: Chicago Tribune, Joseph Chmura, late of the Bridgeport, neighborhood, beloved husband of Julia, nee Budnik; loving father of Josephine De Pietro, Thomas, Stanley, Mary Wrobel, Matthew, and Agnes Balun; dear brother of Thomas, Clara Polanczak, and Mary Budnik; ...
Source: Chicago Tribune. Record Number: 19590712dn030.

1967-09-13, Chmura, Edition: Chicago Tribune, Julia Chmura, nee Budnik, late of the Bridgeport neighborhood, beloved wife of the late Joseph; loving mother of Josephine [Anthony] De Pietro, Thomas [Josephine], Stanley, Mary [Frank] Wrobel, Matt [Alice], Agnes [Ted] Balun, and the late John, U.S.N.; ...
Source: Chicago Tribune. Record Number: 19670913dn016.

Anna, I'm going to send you the full text of the obituaries by private mail. - Ute
Arana

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:26 am      Post subject:

I thank you with all my heart for your help
Cheri Vanden Berg

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:02 am      Post subject:

Joseph and Julianna's daughter Agnes Chmura Balon's obituary appeared in the Chicago Tribune 8 Nov 2007:
Agnes Balun, nee Chmura, beloved wife of Theodore Balun; loving mother of Brenda Simon of Algonquin and John (Lorraine) Balun of Sleepy Hollow; beloved daughter of the late Joseph and Julianna Chmura; grandmother of Jeremy Simon, Scott Simon, Benjamin Simon and Jonathan Balun; dear sister of Mary Wrobel, the late Josephine DePietro, Thomas Chmura, Stanley Chmura, Matthew Chmura, John Chmura; fond aunt of many nieces and nephews...

I'll send you Brenda Simon's address.
HDSchenck

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:36 am      Post subject: Budnik

Arana wrote:
Piotr Budnik 12 May 1913- date of arrival USA, wife Agata, Marriage 17 Nov 1914 Chicopee, , Massachusetts,
children Piotr and Agata: Jane Budnik, Henry Budnik, Theodore Budnik

Hi Cousin Anna!

I thought I sent you copies of the obituaries. My Babcia's sister, Mary Victoria (Budnik) Burrit's son Fred knew Teddy a little bit. I thought I told you that he'd passed away. Piotr lived just a house away from my Great-Grandfather Walter in Chicopee, Massachusetts. They were half-brothers as you know. I sent you his obituary a while ago, but will find it and send again on email.

I miss you and hope to see you again this Summer!
Love to you!
sherry1122

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:05 pm      Post subject:

Hi Family. I am new here. My name is Sharon Jean Budnik Willden. I am the daughter of Thaddeus & Ida ( Stone ) Budnik. I grew up in Chicopee Mass. until 1979 when I left for college in Idaho. I would love to visit with any of you about the Budniks, Chmuras, Drzals. this will take me awhile to sift thru all of this. I never hoped to be able to do my dad's line. This is a dream come true!!! ( yes, corny but true ) I am on Ancestry... ( sherry11221) and Family search. Hope to visit soon. Sharon
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: