PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:37 pm      Post subject: Molek from Stare Bystre

Katazyna Molek born Feb 11, 1881 from Stare Bystre
Father Mathew Molek, Mother unknown - info from death certificate
Married Joseph Kwak in Mammoth PA, USA in 1902
GenGirl

Replies: 45

Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:25 am      Post subject:

The marriage record is located at: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-159316-184191-75?cc=1589502

What information are you looking for?
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:47 am      Post subject:

Sparxs,

I see you also posted that your Kwak ancestor was from Czarny Dunajec here: http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=2653

I recognize the name Kwak from Odrowaz and other villages near Stare Bystre. It is interesting to see that Jozef Kwak resided in Mt. Pleasant, PA. I've come across many people on ship manifests who were from Podhale area, including some from Stare Bystre and Odrowaz, and were headed to Mt. Pleasant. My great-grandfather went there in 1899.

Do you know if Jozef was indeed born in Czarny Dunajec, or perhaps a smaller village?

Kwak marriage 1902.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  144.66 KB
 Viewed:  3562 Time(s)

Kwak marriage 1902.jpg

sparxs

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:26 pm      Post subject: Joseph Kwak birth location

From a copy of a birth certificate for my grandpa Joseph Jr born 1907 in Chicago, I'll; Joseph Sr., was listed as born in Czarny Dunajec also on his WWII draft registration he listed as being born in Czarny Dunajec..

His sister Kunegunda, her husband and son left the US and returned back to US in 1905 and have listed coming from Czarny Dunajec and they listed my great grandfather Joseph (Mammoth PA) as person they knew on ship immigration log.. In Kunegunda's 1940 obituary it listed her as born there.

My greatgrandpa and wife katazyna lived in Pennsylvania till about 1906 then moved to Chicago Illinois till 1910 then moved to Michigan where she died and then he remarried.

I have pieced together a lot of the past history from the state side but don't have anything from the old country
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: