PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Russian records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 144, 145, 146 ... 236, 237, 238  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:57 pm      Post subject:

For Wynn:

No. 200
Jasien

It came to pass in the city of Lipno on 30 June/12 July, 1870, at 2:00 PM. Appeared Bartolomej Richert, 49, farmer residing in the village of Jasien, in the presence of Ivan/Jan Rossol, 35, and Warotolomej [Bartolomej] Frelke [spelling?], 44, both farmers residing in Jasen, and presented us with a male infant, declaring that he was born in Jasien on 15/27 June this year at 5:00 AM of his legal wife Ludowika nee Bonkowska/Bąkowska. At holy baptism today, the child was named FRIEDERICK WILHELM. Godparents were the above noted witnesses and Ludowika Frelke. This act of registry was delayed because of illness of the declarant. This act read aloud to the illiterate witnesses and signed only by me. Pastor Henryk/Heinrich Bar/Bahr [?]

-#-

No. 8
Jasien

It came to pass in the city of Lipno on 1/13 January, 1869, at 10:00 PM. Appeared Bartolomej Richert, farmer from the village of Jasien, age 40, in the presence of Ivan/Jan Beiersdorf, 50, and Ivan/Jan Proch [?], 40, farmers from the village of Jasien, and presented us with a male infant, declaring that he was born in the village of Jasien of 22 December/3 January of this year at 10:00 PM of his legal wife Ewfrosinia nee Kom, age 27. At holy baptism concluded today, the child was named FERDINAND. Godparents were the above witnesses and Elisabeth Patswald [?]. This act read aloud to the illiterate declarants and signed only by me. Pastor [illegible].
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:07 pm      Post subject:

For Steve:

Please note: I am uncertain of the correct Polish spelling of the names of the villages, so I have just transliterated them from Russian into English: Veliontki and Losinny.

No. 156
Veliontki

It came to pass in the village of Pnewo on 16/29 October, 1904, at 2:00 PM. Appeared in person Piotr Rutka, age 30, and Josif/Jozef Bartczak, 40, farmers residing in the village of Veliontki, and declared that on October 14/27 of this year at 12:00 midday, in the village of Veliontki died ADAM RUTKA, morganic farmer, age 40, son of the deceased Filip and Franciszka maiden name Niegowska Rutka, legal marriage, he was born in Losinny and resided in Veliontki. He leaves behind his widowed wife Elizabieta Pask [?]. Testimony of eyewitnesses to the death of Adam Rutka verified. This act read aloud to the illiterate and signed only by me. Administrator of Pniewo parish, registrar of civil acts. Fr. Antoni Wolynski.
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:25 pm      Post subject:

For Beth:

Again, I am not certain of the correct Polish spelling for one of the villages, so I have transliterated it into English: Вецыклице - Vecyklice. Polish might be something like Wiecyklice?

Huta and Vecyklice. It came to pass in the village of Poryte on 4/16 January, 1894, at 4:00 PM. We declare that in the presence of witnesses Mateusz Wlodkowski, age 32, and Wincenty Sarnacki, born brother of the groom, age 26, farmers residing in the village of Vecyklice, that concluded today was the religious marital union between MATEUSZ SARNACKI, widower of Anna nee Mieczkowska, who died in Vecyklice, he is the son of the deceased Stanislaw and Franciszka nee Mieczkowska Sarnacki, legal marriage, farmers. He was born in the village of Rydziewo, Liakow parish, now resides in Vecyklice on a farm, age 40 years; and BRONISLAWA WYKOWSKA, single, daughter of Adam and Magdalena nee Rydziewska Wykowski, legal marriage, of the lesser gentry [szlachty], born in the village of Obritka [?], Romanski parish, now residing in Huta, Grabow parish, she is 35 years of age. The marriage was preceded by the publication of the banns of marriage, proclaimed in the local and Grabow parish churches on 19/31, and 26 December last year, and 7, 2 and 4/14 January of this year. Permission for the marriage was presented in the blessing from the rector of Grabow parish. The newlyweds declared that no prenuptial agreement had been concluded. The ceremony was concluded by Fr. Marcin Wlostowski, administrator of Poryte parish. This act read aloud to the illiterate newlyweds and witnesses, and signed only by me. Fr. Marciel Wlostowski, administrator of Poryte parish, registrar of civil acts.
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:32 am      Post subject:

For Wynn:

No. 318
Jasien

It came to pass in Lipno on December 13/25, 1890, at 4:00 PM. Appeared Bartolomej Richert/Riechert, farmer in Jasien, age 65, in the presence of Peter Richert, farmer from Miodus [?], 50, and Bartolomej Frelke, farmer in Jasien, age 50, and presented us with a female infant, declaring that she was born in Jasien yesterday at 8:00 [?] AM, of his legal wife Ludowika nee Bonkowski/Bąkowska, age 32. At holy baptism concluded today, the child was named EMMA. Godparents were the first witness and Evfrosinia Lau. This act read aloud to the illiterate. Pastor [?]

-#-

No. 184
Jasien

It came to pass in the city of Lipno on 5/17 July, 1881, at 4:00 PM. Appeared Bartolomej Richert, 50, farmer residing in the village of Jasien, in the presence of Jan Rassol, 35, and Michal Bąkowski, the first residing in Jasien, and the second in Suszewo, and presented us with a male infant, declaring that he was born in the village of Jasien on 27 June/9 July of this year at 10:00 PM of his legal wife Ludowika nee Bąkowska, age 23. At holy baptism concluded today, the child was named EMILIA. Godparents were the above witnesses and Evfrosinia Bąkowska. This act was shown to the declarant and witnesses and read, but they did not sign because they are illiterate. Pastor Henryk Bar.
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:58 am      Post subject:

Staripolak64 wrote:
For Beth:

Again, I am not certain of the correct Polish spelling for one of the villages, so I have transliterated it into English: Вецыклице - Vecyklice. Polish might be something like Wiecyklice?

Ryszard,

I was curious of this name Вецыклице - Vecyklice - Wiecyklice, and had a look on a map with villages from this record of Beth.
On today maps it's:
Poryte, Poland (in Kolno area)
Obrytki, Poland
Grabowo, kolneński, Poland
Rydzewo-Świątki, Kolno County, Podlaskie Voivodeship, Poland
Lachowo, Poland (parish for Rydzewo)
and
Wścieklice, Poland !
Apparently one can agglutinate more consons in Polish (and Poles can still spell it) that in Russian, the common rule for both is that you add vovels here and there in critical situations. Nicely flexible.

The etymology for Wścieklice is wściekły = furious

Best,
Elzbieta
==
harufam

Replies: 39

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:16 am      Post subject:

Elzbieta (and all),

I have been making great progress using what you helped me with, but I have a question that is likely very simple for you, but puzzling for me. I am trying to index the records of the Parishes in the Diocese of Kolno (Lomza) and want to insure it is correct. Please look at the attached page from 1851 and tell me the difference (and significance) of the first letters of the names #64 Lesniewska, #65 Lodanska, #66 Losiewski, and #67 Laniewski? While my instinct tells me there is no difference, the priest obviously thought so back then. These are in alphabetical order and when it comes to the "L", the ones without the line through the top come first (ATKA 44, then 93), then the ones with the line through them come next (ATKA 21 then 119). If the priest thought there was no difference, they would have been listed differently (ATKA 21, 44, 93, and lastly 119). I am quite sure I will feel like an idiot when you give me the answer - it will be a simple one, but then it is occasionally good to be reminded of your shortcomings. Thank you again for your help.

Regards,

Chuck

1851 INDEX.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  707.75 KB
 Viewed:  8340 Time(s)

1851 INDEX.jpg

Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:32 pm      Post subject:

harufam wrote:
Elzbieta (and all),

I have been making great progress using what you helped me with, but I have a question that is likely very simple for you, but puzzling for me. I am trying to index the records of the Parishes in the Diocese of Kolno (Lomza) and want to insure it is correct. Please look at the attached page from 1851 and tell me the difference (and significance) of the first letters of the names #64 Lesniewska, #65 Lodanska, #66 Losiewski, and #67 Laniewski? While my instinct tells me there is no difference, the priest obviously thought so back then. These are in alphabetical order and when it comes to the "L", the ones without the line through the top come first (ATKA 44, then 93), then the ones with the line through them come next (ATKA 21 then 119). If the priest thought there was no difference, they would have been listed differently (ATKA 21, 44, 93, and lastly 119). I am quite sure I will feel like an idiot when you give me the answer - it will be a simple one, but then it is occasionally good to be reminded of your shortcomings. Thank you again for your help.

Regards,

Chuck

Chuck,

There is no bad questions, only bad answers.

The indexes are organized according to Polish alphabet sorting order,
cf. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_alphabet
The general rule is that a letter with diacritic mark follows a letter without it, which is trivial as we only have one diacritic mark possible for any of 26 letters ... with one exception, letter z, which have two possible diacritic marks, accute, and dot-above: z, ź, ż; that exception is easy to remember, because dot is at the end, as usual.

That being said, the sorting of names in civil records was manual, and as good as human working on it. I saw a couple of times, that scribe made a mistake, and forgot few names, then added it at the end of the index, after "z".

In your attached index, very well handwritten, the first two are "L", the next two are "Ł" spelled in English like "w" in wood.

With diacritic marks your 4 names are:
#64 Leśniewska, #65 Lodańska, #66 Łosiewski, and #67 Łaniewski

Leśniewska etymology las=forest
Lodańska, etymology lody,lód=ice
Łosiewski, etymology łoś=elk
Łaniewski, etymology łania= female deer

Best,
Elzbieta

NB. The sorting order depends on languages, for exemple in Scandinavian languages letters with diacritics are at the end, after "z", for me it's very difficult to get used to such rule.
Honeybabe143

Replies: 24

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:58 pm      Post subject: Ooooh yay!!!

Thank you for the latest translation. Every time I see a new one appear I get even more excited.

I look forward to reading the rest, you are truly amazing!!!

Sadly though I'm wondering if there are other death records for Adolf, Jadwiga, and Pawel. Plus now I have to do some searching for the death records of their father since your translation of Joseph confirmed what some of my initial thoughts were.

Happy Monday Everyone!!!!!!

- Heather Smile
zack

Replies: 446

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:39 pm      Post subject: HONIGMAN

Hi Thank you so much for the previous translations.
ZACK

hoigman_chil_josek_m_775.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  138.97 KB

hoigman_chil_josek_m_775.jpg

zack

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:04 pm      Post subject: OLEVSK

I would be grateful for information on who played this memorial committees
THANK
ZACK

249.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  116.44 KB

249.JPG

Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:57 pm      Post subject:

For Elzbieta:

Thank you for clearing up my confusion for Wscieklice!

Ryszard
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:24 pm      Post subject:

For Wynn:

No. 34
Jasien

It came to pass in the city of Lipno on 27 January/8 /February, 1879, at 11:00 AM. Appeared Bartolomej Richert, 50, and Samuel Nass, 40, farmers residing in Jasen, and declared that yesterday at 6:00 PM died there EVFROSINIA/EUFROSINIA RICHERT, nee KOMM, age 38, wife of the first declarant, daughter of farmers Samuel Komm and his wife Elisabeta nee Knopf, born in El_ _ now. She leaves behind her widowed husband, the named Bartolomej Richert. Testimony of eyewitnesses to the death of Eufrosinia Richart nee Komm verified. This act read aloud to the illiterate declarants and signed only by me. Pastor Henrych Bar [?].

-#-

No. 286
Jasien

It came to pass in the city of Lipno on 1/13 November, 1881, at 2:00 PM. Appeared Bartolomej Richert, farmer from Jasien, age 55, in the presence of Michal Bonkowski/Bąkowski, farmer, age 22, and Bartolomej Frelke [In German, could be Froelke, Vroelke or ?], farmer, age 46, the first from Suszewo, the second from Jasien, and presented us with a female infant, declaring that she was born in the village of Jasien on 22 September/4 October of this year at 2:00 AM of his legal wife Ludowika nee Bonkowska/Bąkowska, age 25. At holy baptism concluded today, the child was named BERTA. Godparents were the witnesses and Anna Rossol. This act of registry was delayed because of the illiness of the declarant, but he and the witnesses are illiterate, so it is signed only by me. [??], for the administrator.

-#-

No. 201
Jasien

It came to pass in Lipno on 8/21 September, 1901, at 11:00 AM. Appeared Henryk Czerwinski from Jasien, age 57, and Julius Richert from Bendzin [?], age 31, both farmers, and declared that [added: yesterday] at 8:30 PM in Jasien died farmer BARTLOMEJ RICHERT, age 73, born in Гарна [Garna, Harna?], son of parents unknown to the witnesses, he leaves behind his widowed wife Luszcza [Люща] nee Bonljawska [Бонлявская] [Ludowika nee Bonkowska/Bąkowska in previous records]. In verification of his death, this act was read to the illiterate witnesses and signed only by me. Pastor [illegible]
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:27 pm      Post subject:

For Wynn:

No. 34
Jasien

It came to pass in the city of Lipno on 27 January/8 /February, 1879, at 11:00 AM. Appeared Bartolomej Richert, 50, and Samuel Nass, 40, farmers residing in Jasen, and declared that yesterday at 6:00 PM died there EVFROSINIA/EUFROSINIA RICHERT, nee KOMM, age 38, wife of the first declarant, daughter of farmers Samuel Komm and his wife Elisabeta nee Knopf, born in El_ _ now. She leaves behind her widowed husband, the named Bartolomej Richert. Testimony of eyewitnesses to the death of Eufrosinia Richart nee Komm verified. This act read aloud to the illiterate declarants and signed only by me. Pastor Henrych Bar [?].

-#-

No. 286
Jasien

It came to pass in the city of Lipno on 1/13 November, 1881, at 2:00 PM. Appeared Bartolomej Richert, farmer from Jasien, age 55, in the presence of Michal Bonkowski/Bąkowski, farmer, age 22, and Bartolomej Frelke [In German, could be Froelke, Vroelke or ?], farmer, age 46, the first from Suszewo, the second from Jasien, and presented us with a female infant, declaring that she was born in the village of Jasien on 22 September/4 October of this year at 2:00 AM of his legal wife Ludowika nee Bonkowska/Bąkowska, age 25. At holy baptism concluded today, the child was named BERTA. Godparents were the witnesses and Anna Rossol. This act of registry was delayed because of the illiness of the declarant, but he and the witnesses are illiterate, so it is signed only by me. [??], for the administrator.

-#-

No. 201
Jasien

It came to pass in Lipno on 8/21 September, 1901, at 11:00 AM. Appeared Henryk Czerwinski from Jasien, age 57, and Julius Richert from Bendzin [?], age 31, both farmers, and declared that [added: yesterday] at 8:30 PM in Jasien died farmer BARTLOMEJ RICHERT, age 73, born in Гарна [Garna, Harna?], son of parents unknown to the witnesses, he leaves behind his widowed wife Luszcza [Люща] nee Bonljawska [Бонлявская] [Ludowika nee Bonkowska/Bąkowska in previous records]. In verification of his death, this act was read to the illiterate witnesses and signed only by me. Pastor [illegible]
Louisbean

Replies: 56

Post Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:46 am      Post subject: Kaczka from Piotrkow Tribunalski

Hi there,

I'm having trouble uploading the images so instead have provided links - there are three records here, 398, 399 and 400.

After an hour of decoding yesterday I managed to get one word, Rozenberg (I think!)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/43pqu1mowc5m3js/398%20only.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwlmdcj1xzv8ujh/399%20400.jpeg?dl=0

Thank you so much!

Antonio
zack

Post Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:30 am      Post subject: HONIGMAN

Hi
With your kind permission, I found 2 more for the Honigman - a new family branch
Thanks
Zack

HONIGMAN CHIL JOSEK M 1869.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.94 KB

HONIGMAN CHIL JOSEK M 1869.JPG

HONIKMA KADISH M 1866.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  195.83 KB

HONIKMA KADISH M 1866.JPG

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 144, 145, 146 ... 236, 237, 238  Next Page 145 of 238

Jump to: