PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 748

Post Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:18 am      Post subject: "My Borek Family 7 Discoveries" continuation of Ri

Rick Borek and his family were our guests this July and had Genealogy Tour with PolishOrigins.

Read Rick's blog about his tour in the area of Lubatowa:
My Borek Family 7 Discoveries. Poland Trip Story. Pre Trip Planning
http://blog.polishorigins.com/2014/11/05/my-borek-family-7-discoveries-poland-trip-story-pre-trip-planning/

"Planning for my Poland Adventure began in 2011. I had been researching my family history for about 2 years before. I discovered the name of the village in Poland where my ancestors originated from. With that knowledge in hand I began thinking about actually travelling to Poland".
Visit poster's website
Agnieszka Pawlus
PolishOrigins Team

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:25 am      Post subject:

"Zenon took us to the Rural Architecture Museum (Skansen) in Sanok to give us an idea of what life might have been like when my ancestors lived in this area. The beautifully re-created buildings, churches and villages was well worth the time (...). We left the museum late in the afternoon to prepare for dinner with my newly found family. I was very nervous!
Anna and her family welcomed us with open arms!"

Part 2 of Rick's story: My Borek Family 7 Discoveries. Poland Trip Story: Research and Discovery. Day 1
http://blog.polishorigins.com/2014/11/06/my-borek-family-7-discoveries-poland-trip-story-research-and-discovery-day-1/
Visit poster's website
Agnieszka Pawlus
PolishOrigins Team

Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:47 am      Post subject:

The last part of Rick's blog: My Borek Family 7 Discoveries. Poland Trip Story: Research and Discovery. Day 2
http://blog.polishorigins.com/2014/11/07/my-borek-family-7-discoveries-poland-trip-story-research-and-discovery-day-2/

"We met Henryka and Anna on Tuesday morning in Lubatowa to walk through the cemetery. Henryka showed us her husband’s and father’s gravesites. The cemetery was amazing, like nothing I had ever seen before or imagined..."

Thank you Richard for sharing this!
Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Our Gen Stories, Websites and Blogs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: