PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:24 am      Post subject:

Looking for any information on Theodor and Sophia MilewskiWisniewski they came to the United States in the 1880 settlte out East first before move to southside Milwaukee Wisconsin also known at the time little poland. Some of the children were born in Russian Poland but 3 of them were bornin the United states. Gloria at [email protected].
BobK
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 231

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:29 pm      Post subject:

Is "MilewskiWisniewski" the name? Or did you mean: "Milewski" or "Wisniewski"? Or did they combine
both their birth surnames when they married?

There is no "MilewskiWisniewski" anywhere I can find. But putting that search key to Google,
there are 13 'hits' on various pages, all referencing Theodor & Sophia, so I guess you've
been searching quite a bit.

Both ways: No Sophia or Theodor Milewski via Ellis Island.
There is a: Sophia Wisniewski from Lindenthal, born 1860, arriving Ellis Island 1903
No Theodor Wisniewski
There are: over 400,000 'hits' on 'Wisniewski Wisconsin' via google
and about 74,000 on 'Milewski Wisconsin'

You will need more information on these apparently 'common' names.

My grandfather died when my mother was 4. Her mother, my grandmother, soon married
a Pawel (Paul) Milewski here in the U.S. But I have little iinformation of him.
Send e-mail
gloria

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:46 pm      Post subject:

Imlooking for any information on the parents of Theodor Wisniewski he was born1842 in Russian Poland .Gloria at [email protected]
gloria

Post Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:47 am      Post subject:

what about checking the port in Penn. were they settle the children were Mary born 1870 Russian ,POland Leocadia born 1874 Russian Poland Stanislaus born1880 Russian Poland BoLislaus born Dec,12,1877 Russian Poland HelenBorn 1883 Milwaukee,Wisconsin, Ladislaus born Aug. 1885. Edward1890, Ferdinand Aug3,1888. There was charge of first names for Stanislaus became Stan. Bolislaus became Bill, Ladislaus became Walter he was my grandfather His brother were builder thats al I know grandpa didnt talk much about his family .Gloria at [email protected]
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:31 am      Post subject:

Gloria,

Without any hints of places of last residence of your ancestors before they emigrated this is almost impossible to make any progress in your research in Poland.

If you have any immigration records where the last place of residence (beside of "Russian Poland") is mentioned, upload them here and we will together try to help you.

And once again I repeat, if you want to avoid spam e-mails do not write your e-mails address in Forum. You can communicate here with other PolishOrigins members via Private Messages (PMs) system.
Send e-mail
gloria

Post Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:50 am      Post subject:

can you fine the parents of Theodor Wisniewski Born 1842 russian Poland but dad always claim it was around the cherry valley of Poland .When he came over he had a Traven and food store. Gloria
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:00 am      Post subject:

Gloria,

Without any written records showing place of origin or last residence of Theodore nobody is able to help you, especially with ancestor bearing such common surname as Wiśniewski (which actually derives from cherry). There is no such place in Poland as Cherry Valley.
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: