PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:03 pm      Post subject: Waksmundzki - Waksmund Valley

Crying or Very sad I am researching my Great Grandfather Sebastain Waksmundzki who married Marryann Ligenza. They have 4 children born in Waksmund Valley, Poland.
Sebastain left his family behind in Poland and went to Pennsylvania. He was miner in PA. Since that no one never heard from him. I am not sure if this is true.

I do not know if my Grandfather Andrew Waksmundzki and two sister Amelia & Rose Waksmundzki saw their father in PA. They also have brother Frank who was killed in WW!. I do not know if Frank have family.

I would like to know if someone can help me to trace my Great Grandfther and where he last lives and where he is buried.

Great Grandmother Maryanna Ligenza Waksmundzki was born in 1845 and died at 97 in 1942.

Grandfather Andrew Waksmundzki was born in 1881 and died in Chicago, IL. in 1948.

Hope to hear from you! Thanks! Question
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 593

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:49 am      Post subject: Re: Waksmundzki - Waksmund Valley

Arlene,
have you seen the postings at the Poland Genealogy Forum re: WAKSMUNSKI-KRAWCZYK-SIARNIAK-LIGENZA? http://genforum.genealogy.com/poland/messages/7152.html

I checked the Chicago Tribune Historical Archives and found the obituaries of Andrew and Karoline Waksmundzki. I also found a birth record for their son Leon, and Draft Registration Cards for
Waksmunski, Frank John, PA, b. 1896;
Waksmundzki, Andrew Anthony, IL, b. 1885;
Waksmundzki, Joseph, IL, b. 1893;
Waksmunski Joseph John, PA, b. 1893
Waskmunski, Joseph S., PA, b. 1892;
Waksmunski, George, PA, b. 1888.
If you don't have these records, please let me know and I’ll e-mail them to you. - Ute

Arlene Vic wrote:
Crying or Very sad I am researching my Great Grandfather Sebastain Waksmundzki who married Marryann Ligenza. They have 4 children born in Waksmund Valley, Poland.
Sebastain left his family behind in Poland and went to Pennsylvania. He was miner in PA. Since that no one never heard from him. I am not sure if this is true.

I do not know if my Grandfather Andrew Waksmundzki and two sister Amelia & Rose Waksmundzki saw their father in PA. They also have brother Frank who was killed in WW!. I do not know if Frank have family.

I would like to know if someone can help me to trace my Great Grandfther and where he last lives and where he is buried.

Great Grandmother Maryanna Ligenza Waksmundzki was born in 1845 and died at 97 in 1942.

Grandfather Andrew Waksmundzki was born in 1881 and died in Chicago, IL. in 1948.

Arlene Vic

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:07 am      Post subject: Re: Waksmundzki - Waksmund Valley

Ute wrote:
Arlene,
have you seen the postings at the Poland Genealogy Forum re: WAKSMUNSKI-KRAWCZYK-SIARNIAK-LIGENZA? http://genforum.genealogy.com/poland/messages/7152.html

I checked the Chicago Tribune Historical Archives and found the obituaries of Andrew and Karoline Waksmundzki. I also found a birth record for their son Leon, and Draft Registration Cards for
If you don't have these records, please let me know and I?ll e-mail them to you. - Ute

Arlene Vic wrote:

Quote:

Thanks, I do not have this information.
Please send me in email. Thanks
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:14 am      Post subject:

Please give me your e-mail address and I'll mail the records to you later. Ute
Arlene Vic

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:20 am      Post subject:

Ute wrote:

I am still learning how to use this forum. I am confused in here.

Did you find Sebastain Waksmundzki and Maryann Ligenza?
Sebastain may be born in 1830's or 1840's.

My families aren't interesting in Family Tree.

My email: [email protected]

Thank millions.

I will keep in touch with you.
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:55 am      Post subject:

Arlene,
no, I didn't find Sebastian Waksmundzki and Maryann Ligenza, but the link

http://genforum.genealogy.com/poland/messages/7152.html

will take you to postings at the Poland Genealogy Forum discussing WAKSMUNSKI-KRAWCZYK-SIARNIAK-LIGENZA, perhaps they will be helpful in your research. I just e-mailed you the records I found and an old map of the district of Nowy Targ. Waksmund is very close to Nowy Targ. - Ute
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:57 pm      Post subject:

I sent you an e-mail with the Waksmundzki records, and here is what I'm getting back: Sorry Your mail to the following recipients could not be delivered because they are not accepting mail with attachments or embedded images: [email protected]
Do you have another e-mail address I can send the records to?

Arlene Vic wrote:
Ute wrote:

Thank millions.

Arlene Vic

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:05 pm      Post subject:

Ute wrote:
I sent you an e-mail with the Waksmundzki records, and here is what I'm getting back: Sorry Your mail to the following recipients could not be delivered because they are not accepting mail with attachments or embedded images: [email protected]
Do you have another e-mail address I can send the records to?

Arlene Vic wrote:
Ute wrote:

Thank millions.

I do not have another email. What should I do?
I had my computer blow up with virus twice.
I have window XP. My computer won't take attachment at all.
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:23 pm      Post subject:

Arlene Vic wrote:
My computer won't take attachment at all.

Arlene,

You can receive and send attachments through Private Messages in our Forum. Just log in here and find link "You have no new messages/You have x new messages" on thee top of the Forum main page.

Last edited by Zenon on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Send e-mail
Arlene Vic

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:33 pm      Post subject:

Zenon wrote:
Arlene Vic wrote:

Arlene,

You can receive and send attachments through Private Messages in our Forum. Just log in here and find link "You have no new messages/You have x new messages" on top of the Forum main page.

Very Happy Oh thank you to wonderful people in here.

It is good ideas to post in private message. I will check it out soon.

Any help, I appreciated it.
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:13 pm      Post subject:

Arlene,
I'm going to copy the text of the obituaries into an e-mail and send it to you again, that should work.

Just type
http://genforum.genealogy.com/poland/messages/7152.html

into your browser, it should take you to postings at the Poland Genealogy Forum discussing WAKSMUNSKI-KRAWCZYK-SIARNIAK-LIGENZA.

We'll figure out tomorrow how to send attachments through Private Messages in this forum and I'll send you the Draft Registrations I found and the old map of the Nowy Targ district then, okay?
Ute
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:30 am      Post subject:

Arlene,
I just mailed you the birth cert of Leon Waksmunski and an old map of the district of Nowy Targ through 'Private Messages' on this forum. I also sent the Draft Registration Cards for

Perhaps there is a connection between the PA Waksmunskis and your greatgrandfather.
Ute

Arlene Vic wrote:
Zenon wrote:
Arlene Vic wrote:

Arlene,

You can receive and send attachments through Private Messages in our Forum. Just log in here and find link "You have no new messages/You have x new messages" on top of the Forum main page.

Very Happy Oh thank you to wonderful people in here.

It is good ideas to post in private message. I will check it out soon.

Any help, I appreciated it.
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:09 am      Post subject:

Arlene,
I was glad to hear that you were able to download the Waksmundzki records I sent through Private Messages last time. I found three more records for you that I'm going to send you through Private Messages again.
I wish you good luck in your further research. - Ute
Arlene Vic

Post Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:12 am      Post subject:

Ute wrote:
Arlene,
I was glad to hear that you were able to download the Waksmundzki records I sent through Private Messages last time. I found three more records for you that I'm going to send you through Private Messages again.
I wish you good luck in your further research. - Ute

Laughing I did copies today. I am happy to find nicest person like you.

Guess what I never met them and I found John Waksmundzki's daughter three years ago.

We were wondering how we are relating. I had old addresses book and never saw Waksmundzki's name.

How strange?
Arlene Vic

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:56 am      Post subject:

What A Surprise! I noticed something new in this forum.
How can I find to post Administration? I am new and trying to learn more where to find what I am looking for.
Thank you all members and pen pals too. This forum is great and great penpals tool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Page 1 of 3

Jump to: