PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Scam email !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author

Replies: 73

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:24 pm      Post subject:

Thanks Zenon!

Last edited by violin75 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dian

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:56 pm      Post subject:

The person must still be at it, because I just received a SPAM through this website. It was supposedly from Polish Origins. I too, thought it might finally be someone researching my family. I did open the message, but did not reply. Is there a provision on this website to do away with SPAM?
thanks, Dian
woody71

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:54 pm      Post subject: Scam Email - Madam Avelin Regato

Sad Hi I only joined this site last night and first thing this morning I recieved this private message:

To: woody71
Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:16 am
Subject: My Dear Beloved one, Quote message
My Dear Beloved one,

Nice to meet you, how is everything, hope all is well with you,My name is Madam Avelin Regato,i am a citizen of philipine and a widow to mr.Desmond Regato.

I found your contact after reading your profile I picked interest to contact you.

I've something very important which I would love to share with you privately, therefore,
would advise you to kindly write me back on( [email protected]) so that I'll give you details,

Waiting anxiously for your anticipated corporation,

Yours,

Madam Avelin Regato,

This is obviously a SCAM and I deleted the email straight away, but I wanted to bring it to the attention of everyone.
And I hope the person is banished from this site.
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:53 am      Post subject:

This user is already removed from the users list and banned.

Currently I am in the middle of the "high season" traveling with my guests throughout Poland in search of their roots and relatives (see our offer: http://tours.polishorigins.com) and although I check our website at least once a day this is sometimes too rarely to trace all the issues, also these related to scam or spam.

Thank you all again for letting me know about the issue.
Send e-mail
BobK
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 231

Post Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:27 pm      Post subject:

How'd this SPAM get onto this site??
Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:44 pm      Post subject:

Bob,

Based on the profile of the author of the post it seems that the author joined Polish Origins only in order to have a place to post this type of junk. Too bad the author found this site.

Dave
Zenon

Post Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:52 pm      Post subject:

As hundreds of others who try to spam in our Forum this one was also banned and removed. Usually we react much faster to this kind of messages but this time the spam post was submitted on Sunday evening Polish time.

Thank you for your reaction Bob and Dave.

(This post is response to "fresh" spam in Forum from October 27, 2013, not to the scam private messages by which some of you were affected in 2010).
Send e-mail
Zenon

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:22 am      Post subject:

Dear All,

We monitor our Forum regularly but the last Sunday there appeared spammer who posted messages offering, among others, Fake Passports. The spammer registered and sent his commercials on late Sunday evening (Polish time). It means that we already were in our beds and didn't notice it.

The messages as well as their author from Cameroon has already been banned permanently removed.

We apologize everyone for this accident, especially those of you who might felt concerned. We also thank all of you who reacted and send us emails about the spammer. Unfortunately we couldn't read until Monday morning and the fake messages were on-line, as well as in your email inboxes, before we reacted.

As you know, our core Team is located in Europe and we cannot monitor Forum during the night (Polish time) which is between 5.00 PM and 12.00 AM (midnight) EST (UTC -5:00 hours).

If only any of you would be willing to help us to prevent this kind of unpleasant accidents in the future we could grant you moderator rights, including removing spam messages, to help us in monitoring our Forum round the clock.

Thank you for your understanding.
Send e-mail
BobK
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 231

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:06 am      Post subject:

Zenon, I'd offer to help -- IF you really needed it.. But - I don't think you need to have others watching for scammers.
Giving out moderator rights lightly .. well.. I follow many forums, and it's a very rare sight.. more often someone being impolite..

Turn off the notifications for the hours you can't monitor new posts

May the idiots stay away from Polish Origins!!
Bob
Send e-mail
Zenon

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:15 pm      Post subject:

We check Forum just before the notifications are sent every evening, but yesterday (Sunday) evening we didn't. Thank you for your advice.

May them stay away Smile Exclamation
Send e-mail
ctamara

Replies: 74

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:53 am      Post subject:

Has anyone received a letter or letters from the archives in certain areas of Poland offering their assistance in searching for their relatives and including how much they charge? I did not contact them personally so wonder how they found me. Zenon mentioned it seemed like a template, however, no one else I know got one. Carol Tamara
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> What, Why, How...? All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Page 3 of 3

Jump to: