PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Surname "Marut"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author

Replies: 21

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:03 pm      Post subject:

This is my GGF's death certificate. Not a whole lot of good info here for research- lots of "unknowns." He was sent to Wisconsin for burial so it may be that both he and Agnes are buried in the same cemetary as PL's ancestors.

MartinMarut-deathcert.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  602.56 KB
 Viewed:  9315 Time(s)

MartinMarut-deathcert.jpg

volare

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:19 pm      Post subject:

nfstev wrote:

Martin Marut and Agnes Popek had a son "Vaclav" (Walter) Marut that was born on July 18, 1915 in Cook County, IL. It would be interesting to know where the family was living when he was born.

Here is his Find-a-Grave page:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=marut&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GSsr=81&GRid=41233971&df=all&

I've gotta think they were at the 1866 Seward St address when he was born.
volare

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:05 pm      Post subject:

Magroski49 wrote:
Agnieszka Popek and Anna Dec born on the same day in Mazury. Records #41 and 42. Coincidence? The year is 1890.
http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/59/1327/0/-/1/skan/full/CQFRcdqFYP_DRsNHKNS_iQ

Gilberto

This seems like too big of a coincidence to ignore, especially given the 1904 ship manifest which seems to line up with this birth record. The girls in the ship manifest said they were 16, but would be 14 given this birth date. But it also says they've never been in the US before, which would preclude Agnes from having come over the 1902, then going back to get her friend Anna Dec and come back. Not to mention she would have been 12 yrs old in 1902, versus the 18 as listed on that manifest. How many Agnes Popek's can be in a small town like Mazury?? Such a puzzle...

And what to make of no record of Martin born in Mazury??
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:31 pm      Post subject:

volare wrote:

And what to make of no record of Martin born in Mazury??

Volare,

This one is easy: Mazury records are available only from 1890 on. Local church was erected in 1923, it seems. However, the parish in Ranizow was built in 1400 (or so), but there are records only from 1890 (digitalized or not). All books lost between 1400 and 1890? or people were registered in a nearby parish?

Gilberto
Send e-mail
volare

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:02 pm      Post subject:

Oh this is good info Gilberto. How did you learn that the records are only available from 1890 on?
PolishLibrarian
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 311

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:43 pm      Post subject:

volare wrote:
This is my GGF's death certificate. Not a whole lot of good info here for research- lots of "unknowns." He was sent to Wisconsin for burial so it may be that both he and Agnes are buried in the same cemetary as PL's ancestors.

This death certificate says Martin's body was removed to Bruce, WI which is about 8 mi. east of Weyerhaeuser, where my relatives are buried in the Catholic church cemetery. There is a cemetery in Bruce, so it seems likely that he is buried there, probably with Agnes. ~PL
volare

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:48 pm      Post subject:

PolishLibrarian wrote:

This death certificate says Martin's body was removed to Bruce, WI which is about 8 mi. east of Weyerhaeuser, where my relatives are buried in the Catholic church cemetery. There is a cemetery in Bruce, so it seems likely that he is buried there, probably with Agnes. ~PL

Yeah I wondered if Bruce was just the location of the funeral home or if it's an actual burial location. Looking at the map seems like Bruce is a bigger town than Weyerhaeuser, so maybe they're the only place with a funeral home? The cemetery in Weyerhauser is very close to the old farm, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were buried there.
PolishLibrarian
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:08 pm      Post subject:

volare wrote:
Yeah I wondered if Bruce was just the location of the funeral home or if it's an actual burial location. Looking at the map seems like Bruce is a bigger town than Weyerhaeuser, so maybe they're the only place with a funeral home? The cemetery in Weyerhauser is very close to the old farm, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were buried there.

You could be right - my great aunt died in 1953 & I see they used the Mirr Funeral Home in Bruce, but the funeral mass was at St. Peter & Paul church in Weyerhaeuser. Same was true for her husband when he died in 1963.

I might be out that way in the fall - hopefully delivering family history book to the WI relatives who live a little north of Weyerhaeuser. If so, I can take a look at the cemetery in Weyerhaeuser & see if Martin & Agnes are there (it's not a huge cemetery). Bruce is a little further out of my way. ~PL
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:13 am      Post subject:

volare wrote:
Oh this is good info Gilberto. How did you learn that the records are only available from 1890 on?

Ranizow, Mazury and Staniszeswki here:
http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/search?q=ranizow&rpp=15&page=1
or here:
http://baza.archiwa.gov.pl/sezam/pradziad.php?l=pl&miejscowosc=ranizow&gmina=&wojewodztwo_id=0&wyznanie_id=0&rodzajaktu_id=0&search=szukaj

You will notice there are records prior to 1890 in ewangelicko-augsburskie confession. However, they are not available on line. These recors are ketp here:
http://www.agad.archiwa.gov.pl/
It wouldn't be the first time I see people of one confession being registered at a different one.

Ranizow parish history:
http://www.parafia.ranizow.org/index.php/historia-parafii

Mazury parish history:
http://www.diecezja.rzeszow.pl/?q=node/2802

Gilberto
Send e-mail
volare

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:50 pm      Post subject:

PolishLibrarian wrote:

I might be out that way in the fall - hopefully delivering family history book to the WI relatives who live a little north of Weyerhaeuser. If so, I can take a look at the cemetery in Weyerhaeuser & see if Martin & Agnes are there (it's not a huge cemetery). Bruce is a little further out of my way. ~PL

PL it would be terrific if you would try and find them when you go out that way!
PolishLibrarian
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:21 pm      Post subject:

volare wrote:
PolishLibrarian wrote:

PL it would be terrific if you would try and find them when you go out that way!

Volare~ I am headed to Weyehaeuser in about 10 days and will look for graves of Martin & Agnes at the Sts. Peter & Paul Church Cemetery in Weyerhaeuser.

BTW I finished my family history book 2 weeks ago, and today I found an interesting piece of info about my Hutera's which proves they knew John Marut Smile
PM me with your personal email address, so I can send you a Word doc attachment with 3 different pages from a Rusk County History book where the Marut family name turned up. ~PL
volare

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:11 pm      Post subject:

Excellent! Thank you for looking for my ancestors in Weyerhauser! I will message you!
volare

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:44 am      Post subject:

Well 3+years later I continue to research my paternal line.

I can report that PolishLibrarian did indeed find my Great Grands graves in Weyerhauser and sent me photos of them. Thank you very much!

I found Martin and Agnes' marriage certificate from Passaic NJ.

This has given me four additional names to consider that I previously had not known: Alexander Marut, Honorata Pitak, Mikael Popek, and Eva Watushka.

I have done DNA at Ancestry and recently my Dad did it as well, which was helpful as my Mom has way too many cousins and my results list was a mile long. My Dad's results list is much much shorter. I also did Y-DNA testing which hasn't produced many strong results, but all of the more distant results that it has produced are in the Poland region. The DNA testing has helped me make contact with a few other folks with Marut in their tree, but so far the connections seem very distant.
PolishLibrarian
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:01 pm      Post subject:

Congratulations on finding the marriage record to give you more names!

Photo looks great on the Acom tree Wink Glad I could help. That (2015) was my last trip back to Weyerhaeuser! ~PL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Origins of surnames All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Page 3 of 3

Jump to: