PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:37 pm      Post subject: parish/church in Kobyle and Kozlowek

Hi,
I am interested in finding out what Parish/Church's are in the towns of Kobyle and Koslowek? Also, if anyone knows if the records from these Parish/Church's have been microfilmed by LDS?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Debbie
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:25 am      Post subject:

Hi Debbie,

If you mean the Kobyle nearby Kozlowek in Strzyzow county it belonged to Frysztak roman-catholic parish.

Kozłówek belonged do Dobrzechów parish.

Unfortunately, it seems that there are no microfilms for these two parishes in LDS Library. However, we have part the books from Dobrzechów parish scanned (or rather as pictures from digital camera) in our resources. If you are interested I will give you link to the zip file.

A few years ago we visited both villages on ancestral trip with Nancy ('NancyM' in our Forum) and her husband. You can read Nancy's story about her genealogy search and visiting these places here: http://nancy.polishsite.us/Gen1.html , especially the part 5: Traveling Polish Roads: the Towns and Villages where my Ancestors Lived with pictures from Kozłówek and Frysztak Exclamation
Send e-mail
ddgoodwin4

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:20 am      Post subject:

Hi,
Thank you so much for the information. I would really appreciate looking at the link for those records. How would I go about writing to the parishes for records?
Thank you,
Debbie
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:09 am      Post subject:

Debbie,

I sent you link to the pictures of Dobrzechów records we took during our visit there with Nancy via private message.

As I always recommend, I wouldn't advise you to send you any requests to parish priests for records, especially with money. From my and others experience they more and more often just ignore such letters and rarely reply.
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: