PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 22

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:45 pm      Post subject: Dzielski Anthony and Anna

Hello

Looking for information about great-grandparents Anthony and Annie Dzielski .
I found his married
lsMentioned in the record of Antoni Dzielski and Anna Ksiendryulasz
Name: Antoni Dzielski
Birth Year (Estimated): 1884
Birth Date: 1884
Spouse's Name: Anna Ksiendryulasz

Spouse's Age: 23
Spouse's Birth Year (Estimated): 1884
Spouse's Birth Date: 1884
License Type: Marriage
Event Date: 30 Dec 1907
Event Place: Chicago, Cook, Illinois

They lived in the Dział.
Anthony died 1944 years in Chicago, Anna I don't know.
Thank you.
Cheri Vanden Berg
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 497

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:44 pm      Post subject:

Antonina, You probably already have this death information? If you don't already have it, his death notice was in the Dziennik Chicagoski newspaper, and can be ordered from the Polish Genealogical Society of America http://pgsa.org/database/DC3071_results.php
Name: Anthony Dzielski
Event Date: 17 Feb 1944
Event Place: Chicago, Cook, Illinois
Birth Year (Estimated): 1893
Birth Date: 15 May 1892
Birthplace: Dzial, Poland
Father's Name: Jacob Dzielski
Father's Birthplace: Dzial, Poland
Mother's Name: Anna Penksa
Mother's Birthplace: Dzial, Poland
Residence Place: Chicago, Cook, Illinois
Spouse's Name: Anna
Burial Date: 21 Feb 1944
Burial Place: Justice, Cook, Illinois
Cemetery: Resurrection
antonina1

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:51 am      Post subject:

Yes , I'm sure it was my Antoni . Is it possible to somehow get to his marriage . I found this pair of children : Anna Kucharska and Andrew Dzielski .
Cheri Vanden Berg

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:34 am      Post subject:

Were they Catholic? If so, I'm surprised that I can't find them in the PGSA index of Chicago marriages http://www.pgsa.org/CzuchMar.php From the Illinois marriage index from Family Search it appears there is a film number "Illinois, Cook County Marriages, 1871-1920," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:N7HX-7YT : accessed 14 April 2015), Antoni Dzielski and Anna Ksiendryulasz, 30 Dec 1907; citing Chicago, Cook, Illinois, 475220, Cook County Courthouse, Chicago; FHL microfilm 1,030,434. Maybe there is more information on the film from the Family History Library.
I did see Anthony living with his daughter and son in law in 1940. Have you found the family in any other census year?
Have you found Anna Kucharska/Kucharski in the death index:
Anna D Kucharski
Event Type: Death
Event Date: 14 Feb 1982
Event Place: Chicago, Cook, Illinois, United States
Address: 4844 So Wolcott
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Birth Date: 05 Dec 1912
Birthplace: , , Illinois
Funeral Home: Kozera Funeral Home
Father's Name: Anthony Dzielski
Mother's Name: Anna Ksiedziularz
Spouse's Name: John Kucharski
Note that there is a different spelling for her mother's surname than was in the marriage index that you have, but I did not find either spelling on the Polish surname map: http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/ Maybe someone reading this will be familiar with what it should be.
Cheri Vanden Berg

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:31 pm      Post subject:

I believe that this is your Antoni and Anna in the 1910 census with children Antony and Nellie and two boarders living with them. I thought maybe the Dzielski name wouldn't be spelled correctly by the census taker.

Dzielski -Antony Jelski 1910.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  30.53 KB
 Viewed:  12705 Time(s)

Dzielski -Antony Jelski 1910.jpg

antonina1

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:25 am      Post subject:

Thank you, Anthony was a Catholic came from the Dział and Anna did not know where . In Chicago, May 26, 1908 year has a daughter Antonina them. Then return to the Polish . In Poland, born children Anna in 1912 and Andrew in 1910. Anthony returned to the USA in 1926. Date of birth on the death certificate is invalid.
PolishLibrarian
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 311

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:47 pm      Post subject:

Antonina~ Yesterday I turned up the Dzielki surname as a I found my great uncle was witness to the 1908 marriage of his future brother-in-law to Theresa Panek of Odrowąż, powiat Czarny Dunajec (about 3 miles from Dział), daughter of Wojciech Panek and Rozalia Dzielska. So I began searching to see what I could find on your Dzielski family. I have a little timeline to offer. Smile

With Bill Rushin's posted map of the “Back of the Yards” (BOY) [See http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=712&view=next Jan. 8, 2012 post] you can follow Antoni (born 1883/84) and daughter Anna (born 1912) around the neighborhood from the addresses turned up in various resources on Ancestry.com

If Cheri is correct about the 1910 Census record for Antony & Annie Jelski being your Dzielski family, they were living in the BOY neighborhood then at 4636 Laflin St. Their son Anthony (age 2, born 1908) and daughter Nellie (6 mo., born late 1909, name might formally be Aniela) were both born in Illinois. There were several Catholic churches in the BOY – I browsed on familysearch.org the church marriage records for Dec. 1907-Jan. 1908 for three (Sacred Heart, St. Joseph & Holy Cross), as well as the “big” Polish churches in Chicago – St. John Cantius & St. Stanislaus Kosta, but found no church marriage record for Anthony & Anna. Sad

It seems that Antoni and Anna were still in the US in 1912 since daughter Anna Dzielska Kucharski was born there. They don't seem to turn up in the 1920 census, so maybe the whole family went back to Poland after the war (or maybe before).

1926 Antoni only, sailing from Bremen, returns from Poland on Nov. 26 on the SS President Roosevelt – he's 43, married, born in Dzial, and a farm laborer. Immigration Visa Number QU.1223 issued in Warsaw Nov. 3, 1926, last permanent residence Dzial.

1928 Anna Dzielska age 16 arrives in New York on Sept. 30, 1928 on board the SS Estonia which sailed from Danzig on Sept. 18, 1928. In the Native of U.S. column it says U.S. Passp.2979, Warsaw 13.9.28, Born 5.12.1912, Chicago IL. Address in U.S. Father: Anton Niedzielska, 44th St. Chicago, IL. [probably should have been entered as Antoni Dzielski] Written in by hand 1644 W. 44th St. Anna was traveling with an Agnieska Tylka age 16 going to a friend at 4433 S. Marshfield (also BOY).

1930 Census has Anna Dzielska (age 18, born in IL) boarding with the Tabor family at 4336 S. Marshfield, working at pulling casings.

1932 Naturalization Index record has Antoni Dzielski born May 13, 1883 in Poland, naturalized May 3, 1932, living at 1638 W. 44th St.

1939 Antoni, sailing from Gydynia, returns from Poland on the SS Batory arriving April 6, 1939. Manifest shows USPassport 6401.May 9.38 Warsaw (under column where passport issued), he's age 55, married, returning to 4852 Wood St.

1940 Census has Anthony (age 57) living with his daughter Anna Kucharski (indexed Kuckarski) age 27, her husband John age 30 and their 2 children Mary Ann and Bernadine ages 6 and 3 living at 4852 Wood St., all (except Bernadine) in same home in 1935 and all born in the U.S. (except Anthony of course). Anna works casings in a packing house and John is a laborer in the stock yards.

There are 2 Anthony Dzielskis indexed on Ancestry born about the same time. Found a 1903 manifest for Antoni Dzielski arriving Jan. 2, 1903 on the SS Neckar (line 1), last residence Dzial, going to sister Agnes Dzielska in Passaic NJ. I believe this is your Antoni, as the other Antoni (born Mar. 3, 1883) also from Dzial arrived in 1904 with his wife Victoria, going to Gallitzen PA where they lived out their lives.

Apologies if you knew all this already, but some of the info does not support the info you provided – son born in 1908, other children born in Poland. So all sources have to be considered. I had hoped I could find a church marriage record with birth location and parental info for Anna. Crying or Very sad ~PL
antonina1

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:59 pm      Post subject:

Thank you for this information , a lot of new information. My grandmother was born in Chicago Antonina 26 apr 1908 I did not find her birth certificate. Or maybe you found her birth certificate ? In 1927, she married my grandfather Frank Figas . Wedding in Wausaukee (Wisconsin). Antonina grandmother died in 2002 . Thus, her parents could be Anthony and Victoria ?
antonina1

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:03 pm      Post subject:

My grandmother Antonette was born 26 may 1908 in Illinois.
antonina1

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:14 pm      Post subject:

Here is my grandmother how it flows to the USA. Flows to the father and arrived earlier this year .

https://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/show-manifest-big-image/czoxOToiMDA0ODUzNDk5XzAwOTcxLmpwZyI7/2

https://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/show-manifest-big-image/czoxOToiMDA0ODUzNDk5XzAwOTcyLmpwZyI7/2

https://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/show-manifest-big-image/czoxOToiMDA0ODYwNjgwXzAwOTA3LmpwZyI7/2
PolishLibrarian
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:03 pm      Post subject:

Further searching with your additional info. 1927 Antonina Dzielska arrived on the SS Oscar II sailing from Copenhagen on Dec. 16, 1927 arriving in NY on Dec. 27, 1927. Her age is 19, born in Chicago May 26, 1908, Passp.No.469721 Wash. D.C. Oct. 3-27, address in U.S. father Antoni Dzielski, 1725 W. 43rd St. Chicago (still BOY). So perhaps the census taker in 1910 got the info wrong and the first born was the daughter Antonina (not son Antoni) and the second born a son (suspect language & communication could have been an issue).

EUREKA!! Found marriage record Feb. 9, 1908 (3.5 months before Antonina was born). Antoni Dzielski of Dzial in Galicia son of Jacob Dzielski and Anna looks like Księzularz to me (but this surname doesn't show up in Moikrewni either – perhaps others can decipher the writing) of Zakopane in Galicia daughter of Jacob Księzularz. Witnesses Vincent Bilanski and Helena Dzielska (maybe Antoni's sister??). Pastor Thomas Bobak. Note on right side has something to do with the marriage license of Dec. 30, 1907. I presume Dave can decipher the Latin.

There is a Family Tree on Ancesty for Frank Figus and Antonette Dzielska. Any connection to you?

I'll continue to look for Antonina's baptismal record. Now that I have the church it shouldn't take too long. ~PL

Dzielski Marriage cropped.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  311.48 KB
 Viewed:  12664 Time(s)

Dzielski Marriage cropped.jpg

antonina1

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:20 pm      Post subject:

Oh my God, I'm happy. Thank you very much for your help.
PolishLibrarian
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:24 pm      Post subject:

Found the baptism: Antonina Petronella, born May 26, 1908, baptized May 31, 1908 daughter of Antoni Dzielski and Anna (still look like) Księzularz. Godparents Joseph Breja and Agnes Jagoda. Thomas Bobak, pastor.

Antonina Dzielska baptism.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  310.35 KB
 Viewed:  12664 Time(s)

Antonina Dzielska baptism.jpg

antonina1

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:28 pm      Post subject:

I cry with emotion. How do you thank you ? Thank you with all my heart.
antonina1

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:44 pm      Post subject:

So Anna Kucharski and Andrew Dzielski is my grandmother's siblings .
Name: Anna D Kucharski

Event Date: 14 Feb 1982
Address: 4844 So Wolcott
Birth Date: 05 Dec 1912
Birthplace: , , Illinois
Funeral Home: Kozera Funeral Home
Mother's Name: Anna Ksiedziularz

Spouse's Name: John Kucharski

Entry Number: 603563

Name: Andrzej Dzielski

Event Date: 13 Mar 1989
Address: 2419 W Cortez
Birth Date: 23 Nov 1910
Birthplace: Dzial, , Poland
Funeral Home: Kirsten Funeral Home
Cemetery: St Adalbert
Mother's Name: Anna Ksiezlarz

Spouse's Name: Antonina Truta

Entry Number: 605094
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Page 3 of 5

Jump to: