PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Post Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:46 pm      Post subject: Waksmund Valley Was Built in 1342 in Tatra Mountain

According to Tatra Timelines I came across to Waksmund Valley, German settlers builts Waksmund Valley in 1342. My ancestors was born in Waksmund Valley. My father Leo always talking about why his parents never talked about Poland and their families to his brother and sister which amazed me why? Dad found out he had German last name while he was serving in WW II. He was so surprised why his parents didn?t tell him being German or Austria. Dad always thought he was Polish & American Born.

My brother & I have been searching since 1984 after dad met his cousin Waksmundzki and dad didn?t know there were lot of Waksmundzki living in Chicago, IL. They worked in same company. Finally I got my personal computer in 2000 and starting doing Family Trees. I have found more information.

I have met Mary Waksmundzki 5 years ago and we have been keeping in touch. We found each other in Ancestry.com. I was very happy to know more Waksmundzki. I got help from my her and her cousins. Ute and Oliver have been wonderful help too. They are wonderful people to worked with. Now I have questions.

I got helped from JacekRoszakKonin in here. He told me to look up myheritage.com. So I did and found something you all might like to know more.

Waks or Wax
Mund

So this is how Waks - Mund + Waksmund is Austria & Germany names.

Waksmund+ zki have added for Polish version. Born in Poland and originally is Austrian or German. Did you know all ancestors traveled from their countries to Poland and settled there?

Who is Waks & Mund? Are they royalties Families living in Waksmund?

Thank you all for helping me. I do have lot of questions and don?t know where to start.

I am counting at on you all.

P.S. All I wanted to know where my last name Waksmundzki come from and why it is German & Polish. I got more information that I wasn?t expecting to know. I appreciated all the helps from everybody.
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:47 am      Post subject:

What I can add here is the fact that the sounding or spelling of your surname is not always determinant of your origin or what nationality do you feel you belong to. I had a very interesting experience while visiting with my guest Silesia region some time ago. I shortly described it here: http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=414#414 .

What is a very probable is that the origin of your surname Waksmundzki derives the place name "Waksumnd" belonging to Poland for centuries.
Send e-mail
Arlene Vic

Post Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:31 am      Post subject:

Zenon wrote:
What I can add here is the fact that the sounding or spelling of your surname is not always determinant of your origin or what nationality do you feel you belong to. I had a very interesting experience while visiting with my guest Silesia region some time ago. I shortly described it here: http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=414#414 .

What is a very probable is that the origin of your surname Waksmundzki derives the place name "Waksumnd" belonging to Poland for centuries.

Thank for replying back. I think if someone is Polish they will not change their name to German or Russian or others. Some are very strong nationality and don't want to change.
I noticed my grandparents do speak Galician and Polish too. Galicia is Austrian language. How this happen back then and no wonder why our ancestors are confused? People are saying they all all nationalities.

This why I enjoyed your website very much and you all make some corrections for us and explained to us well. Some of us are living in U.S.A. and have no histories of our ancestors.

This is great place to visit in here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Origins of surnames All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: