PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:07 am      Post subject: Information request

I'm from Argentina, I'm from Andrzej Car family, born in 1907 in Bonow, Jaworóx, Livów, he fought in World War II, he was imprisoned in Russia and then emigrated to Argentina, unable to ever return to their land. I am in search of possible family with the intention of getting to know our past.
thank you very much
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:10 pm      Post subject: Re: Information request

Guillermo wrote:
I'm from Argentina, I'm from Andrzej Car family, born in 1907 in Bonow, Jaworóx, Livów, he fought in World War II, he was imprisoned in Russia and then emigrated to Argentina, unable to ever return to their land. I am in search of possible family with the intention of getting to know our past.
thank you very much

Hola, Guillermo

I found an entry for him, attached.

Gilberto

Car.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  107.44 KB
 Viewed:  7779 Time(s)

Car.jpg

Send e-mail
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:48 am      Post subject: Re: Information request

Guillermo wrote:
thank you very much

Welcome Guillermo,

A small note on geography names you noted "Bonow, Jaworóx, Livów".
Especially, because I have been observing Google maps changes over time concerning Kresy (from Wilno to Lwów): they want you to write today names, and are less flexible that before with Polish names.

In Poland, before the end of WWII:
Bonów
Jaworów
Lwów

After the WWII:
Buniv, Lviv Oblast, Ukraina
Yavoriv, Lviv Oblast, Ukraina

Both Bonów and Jaworów, Buniv and Yavoriv, are circa 30 km from Polish-Ukrainian border in Korczyna.

Best,
Elzbieta
Guillermo

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:18 am      Post subject:

Sorry but I do not understand: Bonow, Jaworow, Lwow were lands of Poland after World War II became Ukrainian ¿? because in the Lviv Oblast google maps it appears the Ukrainian side. Instead Korczyna this the Polish side.
Thanks again for your help.
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:22 am      Post subject:

Guillermo wrote:
Sorry but I do not understand: Bonow, Jaworow, Lwow were lands of Poland after World War II became Ukrainian ¿? because in the Lviv Oblast google maps it appears the Ukrainian side. Instead Korczyna this the Polish side.
Thanks again for your help.

Yes,

The old Polish lands in Lwow area were lost after WWII, part to the Yalta deal, see also Curzon line https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curzon_Line
It is in Ukraina since 1945.

Korczyna is in Poland.
Elzbieta
Guillermo

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:48 pm      Post subject:

Now I'm understanding, the land of birth of Andrzej is now Ukraine and the Polish population was expelled to other cities ended the second war, that is why Andrzej was very angry with the English intervention. I will continue to search in the city of Wroclaw (Wroclaw), since many of the people who inhabited these lands were for that city as read.
I would like to receive more information, which grateful heart ...
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:59 pm      Post subject:

Guillermo wrote:
Now I'm understanding, the land of birth of Andrzej is now Ukraine and the Polish population was expelled to other cities ended the second war, that is why Andrzej was very angry with the English intervention. I will continue to search in the city of Wroclaw (Wroclaw), since many of the people who inhabited these lands were for that city as read.

Hola,

Repatriation and Resettlement
of Ethnic Poles
http://www.halgal.com/pur_home.html

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:55 am      Post subject:

Guillermo wrote:

Guillermo,

In addition to Gilberto's information - today distribution of the name Car in Poland, 400 persons, is:
http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/kompletny/car.html

You see in the south-east corner two areas in red: the one in the bottm is Lesko County, the second to the north is Zamosc.
It could be that Car family lived in villages nearby today border, and that some of them are in old places.

My own family is from Przemysl (green tiny spot in white area, above Lesko), some of them lived in Ustrzyki Dolne (Poland), some lived or worked in Stryj, or Sambor, or Lwow (that is all Ukraina now).

Best,
Elzbieta
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: