PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:15 pm      Post subject: Bien, Musiat families from the WWII Russian episode

I am looking for records of members of my families history and any possible relatives I may have that I do not know about now. My nan, Antonina Bien (maiden Musiat) was married to Jan Bien (was in Polish Army and later was a British Tank commander) and lived in Eastern Poland. They were taken by the Russians to Siberia where their child Wiesio apparently died.

My nan had a sister called Katazyna and I know of a Janusz and Marek Bien in the USA, Donna Bien in the UK, a relation in Greece and others in the Ukraine. I have other relatives in the UK who I do know.

I do not have dates at the moment but am looking into those along with towns etc.

If anybody knows of any possible links to people there may be I would be most grateful. I will update as I find out more.

Thank You
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:02 am      Post subject:

Webdes,

Do you possibly have any a little more specific information about places of origins in Poland of the Bien family Question Bień is a popular surname in Poland, click here for distribution of the surname in today's Poland: http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/kompletny/bie%25C5%2584.html
Send e-mail
webdes

Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:40 am      Post subject:

I am still in the process of gathering info and so have fewer details than I would like. Family members are passing on info to me so hopefully I can add more very soon.
Marmia

Replies: 12

Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:06 pm      Post subject:

My father's mother was Agnieszka Bien, She came to the United States in the early 1900's. Do you have any pictures any of your Bien's? Agnieszka Bien's father was Kasper from Minoga. Kasper was married to Struczyk. My father always told me his father Stanley was both Polish and Russian.

Mark

Last edited by Marmia on Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Send e-mail
webdes

Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:57 pm      Post subject:

Thanks for your reply Mark. I have not heard any of those names from my family but you never know who might be related and where they might be. I am looking into it more now and have met a distant cousin on Facebook who seems to know a fair bit about my family so will ask about the names you have mentioned.

Thanks again
Marmia

Replies: 12

Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:25 pm      Post subject:

Along with Agnieszka Bien, there were also two sisiters, Zofia and Julianna Bien. Stay in touch. Minoga is 18 kilometers north of Krakow.

Mark

Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: