PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 158

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:30 am      Post subject:

Thanks Gilberto. I might do that one day. At present my eyestrain is getting worse and I have now developed a constant twitch in one eye. Oh dear!

I'd so like to find my family's records, but I can't even find my own father's birth let alone his parents or grandparents.

I just found someone described as a godpodarz in 1853. Translation says landlord. Do they mean someone who owns land, a publican, an innkeeper, or something else?

Thanks

Helena
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:43 am      Post subject:

Helena,

Gospodarz.
http://kehilalinks.jewishgen.org/krakow/kra_occupations.htm
http://www.jewishgen.org/InfoFiles/PolishOccs.htm
Was your father born in Poland?

The translation of Emilia's death record may give you some clues.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
HELENAWOJTCZAK
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:48 am      Post subject:

Yes, I saw that, but am just checking.

My father was b 4th Feb 1922 in Helenow, Lublin. His father was Marian (I found his death record) and his grandfather was Konstanty (which I know only from Marian's death record.) I found my aunt's birth record (Regina, b1915) and my other aunt's marriage in 1935, but that's it, on the Wojtczak side.

(Not had much luck on my father's mother's side either.)

Helena
Magroski49

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:10 am      Post subject:

HELENAWOJTCZAK wrote:
Yes, I saw that, but am just checking.

My father was b 4th Feb 1922 in Helenow, Lublin. His father was Marian (I found his death record) and his grandfather was Konstanty (which I know only from Marian's death record.) I found my aunt's birth record (Regina, b1915) and my other aunt's marriage in 1935, but that's it, on the Wojtczak side.

(Not had much luck on my father's mother's side either.)

Helena

Since you know his birth date and location you can request a copy of his birth record to the Civil Register in Lublin:

Urząd Stanu Cywilnego - Lublin
20-069 Lublin
ul. Leszczyńskiego 20
Email: usc[at]lublin.eu

Gilbrto
Send e-mail
HELENAWOJTCZAK
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:21 am      Post subject:

Thanks very much for that address. Is that the address for the Lubleskie region, such as Krasienin etc, as well?

If I asked for my dad's record, it would not tell me anything I don't already know (i.e. parents names and place of birth). What I really want is my great grandfather's records, and I have no reason to believe that he was even born in Lublin. He isn't showing up in the Lubelskie records. I can't find a Konstanty anywhere.
Magroski49

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:50 am      Post subject:

Krasienin is in Niemce office.
Urząd Stanu Cywilnego - Niemce
21-025 Niemce
ul. Lubelska 121
Email: info[at]niemce.pl

Note: records older than 100 years in the Archiwum Panstwowe; records less than 100 years old in the Urzad Stanu Cywilnego (USC = Civil Register Office).
Archiwum Państwowe w Lublinie
20-950, Lublin 20-950 Jezuicka 13 -
tel: +48 81 532 80 71
fax: +48 81 528 61 46
email: [email protected]

http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?rid=174&from_date=1894&to_date=1894&search_lastname=wojtczak&search_lastname2=&exac=1&rpp1=50&bdm=B&w=71wa&op=gt&lang=pol

http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?rid=687&from_date=1885&to_date=1885&search_lastname=wojtczak&search_lastname2=&exac=1&rpp1=1150&bdm=B&w=07mz&op=gt&lang=pol

http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?rid=796&from_date=1841&to_date=1841&search_lastname=wojtczak&search_lastname2=&exac=1&rpp1=1150&bdm=B&w=07mz&op=gt&lang=pol
Send e-mail
HELENAWOJTCZAK
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:17 am      Post subject:

Thanks Gilberto for all that useful stuff.

I fear that none of those links you sent are my g-grandfather. His son was born in 1889 so he cannot be the first or second one.

He could be the third one, though, IF he married more than once (Lewandowska was not his son's mother's name; that was given as Bronislawa Marcinkowska, Marcinkowski being her second husband - which gives the clue that Konstanty was dead by 1900, which would fit with his being born in 1841). I note that the 1841 Konstanty was b north of Warsaw. My father told me that side of the family came from Zamosc.

Thanks very much for trying!

I need all the help I can get. My dad told me a few things but they have turned out to be mostly wrong.

Helena
Magroski49

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:31 pm      Post subject:

Helena,

There are many Ulatowski. And there are many Czaplicka.
However, the only place were I found Ulatowski married to Czaplicka - and viceversa - is Krzynowloga Mala, in mazowieckie. The bad news is that all years have been indexed and there is no marriage records between Henryk Ulatowski and Jozefa Czaplicka.

My assumption is that Apolonia Ulatowski is the sister of Henryk Ulatowski. That would make Antoni and Emilia first cousins (they were born in the same year, accordingly to their death records). And if Tomasz was born in Wysoki near Sompolno, it is possible that Apolonia, Henryk and Jozefa were also born in that area. Why do they not appear anywhere? I am guessing they might be from somewhere in kujawsko-pomorskie, whose border is close to Sompolno and the records are still being indexed.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
HELENAWOJTCZAK
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:15 am      Post subject:

Hello again Gilberto

I confess that even now, five days later, I STILL have no idea how you manage to find all these records that I have spent days looking for, only to see "no record" on everything I look up.

I want to be independent and not have to keep running to you and others for help, but I still cannot understand how to use the searches on the archives.

The only one that I get results on is Lubgens.

Nothing works for me on http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/

Please help Smile

Helena
HELENAWOJTCZAK
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:21 am      Post subject:

Yes, I am afraid that five days later I still have not found a birth or marriage record for Emilia Ulatowska.

I found one, but the translation from Elzbieta says born 1844 and name Amelia (so close!) Would people really name their 1836 child Emilia nad their 1844 child Amelia? So confusing! But in Emilia's son's birth record it states that she is 29 in 1865 and on her death she is 33 in 1868. So she cannot be born in 1844. So there must be another birth record, for 1835 or 1836, for Emilia.

Could you please help me to find it?

Helena

KLOSOWSKI SEW BIRTH.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  184.2 KB
 Viewed:  9405 Time(s)

KLOSOWSKI SEW BIRTH.JPG

ulatowska amelia b1844.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  165.64 KB
 Viewed:  9405 Time(s)

ulatowska amelia b1844.JPG

Magroski49

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:57 am      Post subject:

HELENAWOJTCZAK wrote:
Hello again Gilberto

I confess that even now, five days later, I STILL have no idea how you manage to find all these records that I have spent days looking for, only to see "no record" on everything I look up.

I want to be independent and not have to keep running to you and others for help, but I still cannot understand how to use the searches on the archives.

The only one that I get results on is Lubgens.

Nothing works for me on http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/

Please help Smile

Helena

In the field Szkuaj you type the initial letters of the PLACE you would like to search. It will display a list of places. If yours is listed then click on it and you will be led to another page, showing all parishes (catholics or not). On the left side click on the number (something like 155-D, for instance) and that will open a list of years, in chronological order. UMZ stands for BMD. Within every year you will see Urodzenia, Malzenstwa or Zgonow. At the end of each UMZ you will see the acronym Sk-U or Sk-M or Sk-Z, which stands for Skorowidz (index). Check the index to find out the page and number of record. You can see columns displaying the number of all records. Click on the number of recors previously found and open it.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
HELENAWOJTCZAK
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:55 pm      Post subject:

Thanks Gilberto. I will give that a try! Helena
HELENAWOJTCZAK
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:56 pm      Post subject:

Hi Gilberto!

I have spent a lot of time today trying to find the marriage of Emilia Ulatowska and Antoni Klosowski, which took place between 1855 and 1865 somewhere in the area around Konin. Tried all the usual places, and cannot find it. Been focusing mainly on him, knowing how often the Ulatowski name is mistranscribed. But I find nothing. Perhaps the records have not been scanned yet?

Helena
Magroski49

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:27 pm      Post subject:

HELENAWOJTCZAK wrote:
Hi Gilberto!

I have spent a lot of time today trying to find the marriage of Emilia Ulatowska and Antoni Klosowski, which took place between 1855 and 1865 somewhere in the area around Konin. Tried all the usual places, and cannot find it. Been focusing mainly on him, knowing how often the Ulatowski name is mistranscribed. But I find nothing. Perhaps the records have not been scanned yet?

Helena

Maybe they were scanned, but not indexed. Try all parishes around Kapiel and other places listed in www.slupca.genealogy.com
I think Klosowski is even worse to search:
Klosowski
Klossowski
Kłosowski
Kłossowski
and, maybe more:
Klos
Kłos
Send e-mail
HELENAWOJTCZAK
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:54 pm      Post subject:

Hi Gilbert

I'd already tried slupca area because that was where Emilia was born, which I know thanks to you. I did look at the different spellings but none were him.

Guess I am stuck again. Hard work, all this, isn't it?

Helena
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research Resources, Tools & Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: